Glenn

What method do you use to make coffee at work?

What method do you use to make coffee at work?  

341 members have voted

1. 1. What method do you use to make coffee at work?

• Instant Coffee
    • Vending Machine
    • Brewed Coffee (French Press/V60/Kalita/Chemex/Sowden etc)
    • Aeropress
    • Espresso Machine
    • Nespresso Machine (or similar capsule machine)
    • Other (please describe below)

Recently retired but for my last year I used a Europiccola with a Porlex to grind for it. It was certainly a conversation piece. I would tell people that if it was good enough for James Bond it was good enough for me

When I'm not working from home I'm usually out and about seeing clients, so often have to suffer a horrific latte or instant just to be polite.

When I'm in the office, there's a couple Franke "Evolution Top" machines in the cafe area, but I only use them out of necessity for the caffeine they deliver, and certainly not for the coffee. One would think that what I can only imagine to be a £10k+ bean to cup machine would at least roughly approximate a reasonable coffee, but what comes out is genuinely unpleasant.

Londinium R | Ceado E37S | Torr Goldfinger

We have a nespresso machine that makes a brownish liquid beverage that I can't drink.

so instead I go to a cafe for my coffee fix. I am lucky to be next to a few good cafes at work so I go to them ;)

The only coffee on offer at work until today was an industrial size tin of some supermarket instant, but due to a machine upgrade I've donated my old Gaggia Espresso Color to the office and we have a syndicate chipping in for coffee. Happy Days.

Mostly instant, and it's miserable. So I promotly go out and buy some from Costa or Starbucks, or get a free one from Waitrose.

Aeropress- I donated my blade grinder to deal with a bunch of douwe egberts beans that got given to us. Pretty stale and looking forward to them being finished so I can start using some good stuff 😊

We have a Flavia sachet machine at work and about 8 different types of coffee. Most of them seem to taste like plastic. We also have a small nespresso machine but that has just taken to leaking all over the worktop!

I actually have just acquired a handpresso which seems to make reasonable shots (compared to the other options at work) so I'll probably make that my 'machine' of choice at work.

I've got the paperless Hario thing, like a V60 with less mess, and a small serving jug. I just decanter the hot water into the office milk jug and do my best attempt at a trickle! It's not perfect, but combined with my porlex hand grinder, it's better than the office Nespresso!

I've got the paperless Hario thing, like a V60 with less mess, and a small serving jug. I just decanter the hot water into the office milk jug and do my best attempt at a trickle! It's not perfect, but combined with my porlex hand grinder, it's better than the office Nespresso!

Have you got a link to it?

I bought an aeropress for work after being impressed at home... But what is simple to clean at home isn't so at work. So, i'm after something else for work coffee....

WATER : BEANS : STUFF

No, ive never even checked one out... it needs to be easy clean?

I'll go and have a look.....

Mr O

Have you considered a Clever Coffee Dripper?

That could work for me. Put the used filter and coffee in the bin, rinse the dripper. bingo!!

I love my Aeropress but it's just not right for work...

So more coffee gear to be bought :-/

Have you got a link to it?

I bought an aeropress for work after being impressed at home... But what is simple to clean at home isn't so at work. So, i'm after something else for work coffee....

It's this one. It's actually plastic, despite the name on the page.

http://www.amazon.com/Hario-Paperless-Dripper-Stainless-CFOD-02/product-reviews/B0040VIN18

I had an aeropress at work but have now switched to the Clever Coffee Dripper and loving it. Makes a nice consistent cuppa and clean up is still pretty easy.

Espresso::Rocket Giotto Evo 2::Mazzer Mini::

Brewed::Eureka Mignon:: Baratza Encore:: V60:: Aeropress::

Aeropress + Porlex Mini for me, Aeropress + Lido2 for my mate. Jewellers Scales. IMS filter + paper filters if I'm feeling like a cleaner cup. Rave beans (currently Guatemala La Florida and Costa Rica Los Girasoles, just finished off some Nicaragua Finca el Bosque). We've got a big nespresso at work with a selection of flying saucers, but I prefer the Aeropress. There's a decent hot water tap fed by a proper under counter filter, pumping out water at 98.5 so I decant into a warmed cup before doing a bloom then top up in the Aeropress. It's fun trying out his coffee vs my coffee with our different grinders. Sometimes I get lucky and blow him out of the water, but mostly I am left with a nagging feeling of upgrinderitis...

I'm thinking about bringing in my Thermapen to get desired temp spot on. I'm also considering Maybe a set of drip scales to measure stuff too... I tend to talk crap with my fellow coffee geek who also happens to be the DBA for a bit too long in the "tea point" - we get sarcastic comments, but nobody has actually accused us of skiving off yet.

Oh and I always start the day with a cuppa tea. Then it's two or max three coffees throughout the day before heading home for espresso shot + a flat white or two on the Ceado E37S (love the grinder) and Quickmill Verona (love the machine).

Clever Dripper. Amazing how many people are facinated by it, think it's great, love the aroma that exudes from it but still can't be arsed to spend a measly seventeen quid to get one and stll drink freeze dried rubbish.

Only one other guy here at work drinks proper coffee uses an Aeropress and grinds with a Lido 2.

Gaggia Classic w/silvia wand and PID, Brasilia RR55OD, Motta 58mm tamper, Motta Stainless Steel knock box, Motta Stainless Steel 350 & 500ml Milk Frothing Jugs, Brewista scales, Tiamo tamping station, Notneutral cups & mugs. Technovorm Mochamaster, Clever Dripper, Aeropress....Lots of determination.