Glenn

What method do you use to make coffee at work?

What method do you use to make coffee at work?  

355 members have voted

1. 1. What method do you use to make coffee at work?

• Instant Coffee
    • Vending Machine
    • Brewed Coffee (French Press/V60/Kalita/Chemex/Sowden etc)
    • Aeropress
    • Espresso Machine
    • Nespresso Machine (or similar capsule machine)
    • Other (please describe below)

Use a v60 when I'm making my own, when I'm feeling generous or if my beans have seen better days I will 'treat' my colleges with a french press.

Fresh beans, Aeropress and Hario slim for me.

Rocket Giotto Evo, Mythos, Torr x 2, Rapha Chris King Tamper (coz they are cool), VST's, Hausgrind, Airgrind, Hario Slim, Chemex, Aeropress, Oomph, Puck Puck, Bialetti, Black Acaia scales, Acia Lunas,fresh beans

Blah Blah Blah - it makes coffee

Going forward it'll be Aeropress for me. Thus far, it's been tea ;)

At least until the Silvia is converted into the 'office' machine.

I'm the one asking for a piccolo.

I used the aeropress once, couldn't handle the explanation and looks; so now I just use the sowden with stealthy pre weighed doses to keep things relatively consistent.

Sowden is a stealthy tool worthy of the price tag.

Londinium 1 - Rocket Giotto Evoluzione - Victoria Arduino Mythos - Mahlkönig K30 Vario

Hario V60 Decanter - V60 01 Ceramic - Hario Mini Mill Slim - Bodum FP

Work in a coffee shop, so espresso based drinks, v60, aeropress or chemex. I usually make lattes - not my favourite drink but means I can practice latte art.

Aeropress and syphon at home.

Does anyone else start salivating when browsing coffee equipment online?? Just me?

we have a nespresso machine.

My method is to run two capsules run very short into a mug, bung a small sugar in it, a small dose of milk, about 2/3 of what might go in a cappa, then into the microwave for 45 seconds.

Hey presto, a bearable coffee. Not the best by any means but definitely a hundred times better than instant.

Londinium L1 Luxe - Compak E10 - Macap M7 - Brita Aquaquell - Torr Trapez Tamper - IMS Shower screen - IMS & VST baskets

We have an Egro One in the kitchen at work, beans supplied by Matthew Algie. I've had a lot worse!

Izzo Alex Duetto | Ceado E37s | Minor obsession with home automation

I voted aeropress because I've just changed from crappy instant to AEROPRESS :good:

WATER : BEANS : STUFF

beans supplied by Matthew Algie

Ouch

Ouch

Yep, but hey it could be instant...

Izzo Alex Duetto | Ceado E37s | Minor obsession with home automation

Mypressi with Porlex grinder. Much better than in-house Costa. Occasionally break out the scales. People are generally fascinated by the process and so far I have converted 3 colleagues to Mypressi.

WMF B2C at work. I have no idea how good this could be as they use Kenco beans.

Maybe it is time I learn about other brewing methods

Just reinstalled my latest machine and grinder in the office:

7e52754ce8c58adb6dac76f11ffad1b8.jpg

My heavily modded Classic, K6 grinder with Auber timer, knock box, torr tamper and Rave Italian Job - what more could you want? ;-)

Lots of everything: machines, grinders, roaster, beans, tampers, baskets, blah, blah

However - Too much is never enough!

Espresso based drinks mainly.

'it's all about the microbubbubbles'

We got an Autobar Enjoy installed last year, which was highly promising after the previous bean to cup vending machine that invariably failed on most Monday mornings. Sadly it uses powdered milk and the steam wand has been disabled, plus the hopper is filled with some very bitter beans, and only the latte option is drinkable (after topping up with a bit of fresh milk). However the on-demand pre-ground coffee filler appears to work, so I shall give that a try.

I'd go the aeropress route but I like a bit of steamed milk in my coffee and that's not particularly practical as the kitchen is for catering use only. In the past there had been a proliferation of Tassimo machines amongst a few departments.

Where I'm working at the moment it's a choice between the 'Starbucks' concession in the canteen (if you're desperate for caffeine) or 'Chocomilk' out of the machine (this being the only drinkable thing from said machine. Still, never look a free hot chocolate in the mouth, or something). I make sure I have 2 cappuccinos before leaving the house.

Rocket R58Ceado E37SAeropressAerGrind • Puck Puck cold brew widget • VST 18g basket • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 convex black Ti/walnut tamper • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 flat sharp edge tamper • Big bag o' beans • Triumph Street Triple 675R

Smartcafe for me with a Hario Mini Mill. Quick, easy and tastes good.

Quickmill Andreja Premium---Eric's E61 Thermometer---Eureka Mignon---MBK 58.35mm---Grindenstein

a french press with a home blend of left over beans from all the bags i had. it's actually quite nice considering it's badly ground and a complete hotch potch of beans.

fe57659ec169cafc6f7d0f827e30893e.jpg

Beans, beans the musical fruit, the more you drink, the more you... *tremors uncontrollably* 😬