IGNORED

What method do you use to make coffee at work?

What method do you use to make coffee at work?  

437 members have voted

1. 1. What method do you use to make coffee at work?

• Instant Coffee
    • Vending Machine
    • Brewed Coffee (French Press/V60/Kalita/Chemex/Sowden etc)
    • Aeropress
    • Espresso Machine
    • Nespresso Machine (or similar capsule machine)
    • Other (please describe below)

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is now going to be my method of making coffee at work. Several months in the making. Just finished it!

Now I've moved ye olde LaPav and Niche combo to my workplace. I'm constantly rotating equipment to improve technique by using it throughout the day ?  

Dave.   Going to work for me means getting up, going downstairs and walking to the desk. At the end of the day - I do the same thing in reverse. I try to pan my day out so that I can have Da

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Was really spoiled at my previous job with a  decent setup (GS3 + Mazzer Luigi and Ozone subscription) + our client was Google and they had an amazing "coffee lab" in their Victoria building that had all sorts of things (ROK espresso, handpresso, aeropress, 2x 3-group Victoria Arduino's Adonis) and 7-8 types of beans. My new place has this: 

So yeah, I'm mostly brewing now and have an occasional "tap espresso". People already know me as the "weird guy with lab equipment who occupies the mini kitchen for 20min every few hours"..

• Like 2

Does anyone else find using an aeropress at work comes with eyes of concern? I am slowly educating all my colleagues of better coffee etc, and one has actually started to bring in a V60 (brave). Whats your thoughts? I can't bring myself to use their instant, as you'd imagine

21 hours ago, MrWarhol said:

Does anyone else find using an aeropress at work comes with eyes of concern? I am slowly educating all my colleagues of better coffee etc, and one has actually started to bring in a V60 (brave). Whats your thoughts? I can't bring myself to use their instant, as you'd imagine

Aeropress yeah, they called it my weird plunger thing but some of them have bought them for home use now. I keep my V60 at work, it's not as messy and less likely to get knocked over. I just grind my beans in the morning and take them in an air tight jar, tastes good!

I was using an Aeropress but recently changed to a Cafflano Kompresso (review here) and have been really enjoying it. The machine is much smaller than the Aeropress and takes a little less time to produce my coffee, which is helpful at work. Probably not one for the espresso purists, but it's way better than the crap from the canteen. 

Gone back to my trusty aeropress for work, generally tend to grind two doses the night before (I know it's not great but don't have much choice).

The company who runs our canteen have an Appia and a mythos, and it's pretty cheap (€1.50 or so) but unfortunately use terrible cheap beans and the staff aren't trained either, so I generally avoid it like the plague but it hurts knowing the potential is there.

On 04/01/2015 at 18:42, conchord said:

I use an aeropress at work but I'm thinking about getting a handpresso...Does anyone here use one? Are they any good?

Edited by Marcros
Quoted wrong thread
On 04/01/2015 at 18:42, conchord said:

I use an aeropress at work but I'm thinking about getting a handpresso...Does anyone here use one? Are they any good?

I had one of these which I used for a while. The concept was ok but mine struggled for temperature. I preheated it then used it but the shot was always a bit tepid and only a single shot at that. I know more about coffee now than I did then. 

May dig it out again and have a play. It was better than the office coffee at the time. I changed jobs I think and it was left in a box etc. 

1 minute ago, Marcros said:

I had one of these which I used for a while. The concept was ok but mine struggled for temperature. I preheated it then used it but the shot was always a bit tepid and only a single shot at that. I know more about coffee now than I did then. 

May dig it out again and have a play. It was better than the office coffee at the time. I changed jobs I think and it was left in a box etc. 

I quoted a handpresso thread. Not sure why it keeps linking to this, it didn't in preview. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I used to use a cafetiere but found it a pain to clean in work and always got strange remarks from colleagues

Tried a friend's Aeropress for the first time last week and really like this. Easy to use and you don't get any of the inevitable sediment associated with cafetieres

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the advice. My dolce gusto (please  im new) is being rerplaced by a Sowden.....never hears of it before... looks awesome and i cant wait to try it!

Does anyone else brew for multiple people at work? I have been brewing 2 litres at a time using 2x V60-03's simultaneously to keep my little coffee club going. Used to get through 250g a day before working from home popped up.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...