Glenn

What method do you use to make coffee at work?

What method do you use to make coffee at work?  

399 members have voted

1. 1. What method do you use to make coffee at work?

• Instant Coffee
    • Vending Machine
    • Brewed Coffee (French Press/V60/Kalita/Chemex/Sowden etc)
    • Aeropress
    • Espresso Machine
    • Nespresso Machine (or similar capsule machine)
    • Other (please describe below)

My work choice is the nanopresso. Even with a gaggia classic there!

It's a great little machine, although only making a tiddly shot, I should be getting the double shot basket for Christmas!

Sage Barista Pro - Mignon Manuale - La Pavoni Zip - Gaggia Classic - Nanopresso - Osmio Zero

We have a Jura Z6 bean to cup machine that has been set up by someone who has never drunk coffee and is filled with the cheapest and most gopping beans known to man.

I take my own coffee to work ?

Was really spoiled at my previous job with a  decent setup (GS3 + Mazzer Luigi and Ozone subscription) + our client was Google and they had an amazing "coffee lab" in their Victoria building that had all sorts of things (ROK espresso, handpresso, aeropress, 2x 3-group Victoria Arduino's Adonis) and 7-8 types of beans. My new place has this: 

So yeah, I'm mostly brewing now and have an occasional "tap espresso". People already know me as the "weird guy with lab equipment who occupies the mini kitchen for 20min every few hours"..

• Like 1

Presso: Gaggia Classic '96 (OPV mod / Rancilio wand/PID) + Iberital MC2

Brew: V60/Aeropress + Rhino

Does anyone else find using an aeropress at work comes with eyes of concern? I am slowly educating all my colleagues of better coffee etc, and one has actually started to bring in a V60 (brave). Whats your thoughts? I can't bring myself to use their instant, as you'd imagine

21 hours ago, MrWarhol said:

Does anyone else find using an aeropress at work comes with eyes of concern? I am slowly educating all my colleagues of better coffee etc, and one has actually started to bring in a V60 (brave). Whats your thoughts? I can't bring myself to use their instant, as you'd imagine

Aeropress yeah, they called it my weird plunger thing but some of them have bought them for home use now. I keep my V60 at work, it's not as messy and less likely to get knocked over. I just grind my beans in the morning and take them in an air tight jar, tastes good!

I was using an Aeropress but recently changed to a Cafflano Kompresso (review here) and have been really enjoying it. The machine is much smaller than the Aeropress and takes a little less time to produce my coffee, which is helpful at work. Probably not one for the espresso purists, but it's way better than the crap from the canteen. 

I just plain don't have coffee at work most of the time. Tho there are now vending machines with bean to cup bits inside, so they're worth a try. But those don't get cleaned out as much as they should be.

Gear:

Gaggia Baby 2001, Gaggia Color 2007, Delonghi Dedica, Severin grinder, Marcfi badged Compak K6 2004

Sent from my grinder using smoke signals.

Gone back to my trusty aeropress for work, generally tend to grind two doses the night before (I know it's not great but don't have much choice).

The company who runs our canteen have an Appia and a mythos, and it's pretty cheap (€1.50 or so) but unfortunately use terrible cheap beans and the staff aren't trained either, so I generally avoid it like the plague but it hurts knowing the potential is there.

I always used to take a v60 brew in a thermos and that would last me until lunch. I then moved on to taking my v60 to the office, I found it preferable to using an aeropress in the office.

On 04/01/2015 at 18:42, conchord said:

I use an aeropress at work but I'm thinking about getting a handpresso...Does anyone here use one? Are they any good?

Edited by Marcros
Quoted wrong thread

On 04/01/2015 at 18:42, conchord said:

I use an aeropress at work but I'm thinking about getting a handpresso...Does anyone here use one? Are they any good?

I had one of these which I used for a while. The concept was ok but mine struggled for temperature. I preheated it then used it but the shot was always a bit tepid and only a single shot at that. I know more about coffee now than I did then. 

May dig it out again and have a play. It was better than the office coffee at the time. I changed jobs I think and it was left in a box etc. 

1 minute ago, Marcros said:

I had one of these which I used for a while. The concept was ok but mine struggled for temperature. I preheated it then used it but the shot was always a bit tepid and only a single shot at that. I know more about coffee now than I did then. 

May dig it out again and have a play. It was better than the office coffee at the time. I changed jobs I think and it was left in a box etc. 

I quoted a handpresso thread. Not sure why it keeps linking to this, it didn't in preview. 

my latest office setup sitting on my workdesk :)

IMG_20200211_081803.jpg

CFBG Team

Buying expensive equipment won't make you barista!

We have an espresso machine, but the beans are not really good, at least, I don't really enjoy their taste. But I drink it sometimes, when I really need some coffee. 

On 22/12/2019 at 01:48, TomHughes said:

My work choice is the nanopresso. Even with a gaggia classic there!

It's a great little machine, although only making a tiddly shot, I should be getting the double shot basket for Christmas!

I completely agree with you. That machine is so good. As I am  a coffee lover, I need best mug. But let me know, if you know from where can I get best coffee mugs.

I used to use a cafetiere but found it a pain to clean in work and always got strange remarks from colleagues

Tried a friend's Aeropress for the first time last week and really like this. Easy to use and you don't get any of the inevitable sediment associated with cafetieres

Thanks for the advice. My dolce gusto (please  im new) is being rerplaced by a Sowden.....never hears of it before... looks awesome and i cant wait to try it!

Does anyone else brew for multiple people at work? I have been brewing 2 litres at a time using 2x V60-03's simultaneously to keep my little coffee club going. Used to get through 250g a day before working from home popped up.