Glenn

What method do you use to make coffee at work?

355 members have voted

1. 1. What method do you use to make coffee at work?

• Instant Coffee
    • Vending Machine
    • Brewed Coffee (French Press/V60/Kalita/Chemex/Sowden etc)
    • Aeropress
    • Espresso Machine
    • Nespresso Machine (or similar capsule machine)
    • Other (please describe below)

Occasional Aeropress but some drops are spilled here and there so I am also considering a Stagg X (+ Gabi Master B to pour with a normal kettle)

1 minute ago, RomSh said:

we have coffee machine at work

is that so?

no bragging intended, however, we have over a hundred. Didn't stop me from bringing my own equipment :D

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Hasi said:

is that so?

no bragging intended, however, we have over a hundred. Didn't stop me from bringing my own equipment :D

There are coffee machines & then there are toys that happen to make coffee! 😆

• Like 1

Laissez les bons temps rouler

Planetary Design "Double Shot" mug, which is an insulated (double walled) cup with built in cafetiere.  Works quite well, and only one thing to wash 😋

Aldi instant

We have a great system in place at work where by the outgoing shift make the first tray of hot beverages - it’s always nice to walk in and have a brew waiting for you. 

From then on you will get called a brew which means you have been nominated and will make a brew for anyone who wants one - I think the most I’ve had to make in one call was around 20.

The instant coffee is okay however I tend to make at least one french press a day much to the enjoyment of my fellow workers.

• Like 1

Sage Barista Express | Acaia Lunar | 200 Degrees ‘Brazilian Love Affair’ | Motta 53mm Leveller & Tamper 

I drink very few hot drinks at work and some of those are tea.

For coffee I have a Senseo machine. It's simple and not instant so it works for me, I often don't get to drink it nice and hot anyway.

Filter machine, Wogans Coffee, favourite being Colombian.

Using a Nanopresso at the moment. I have a seriously limited kitchen space and this works for me. 

On 04/01/2015 at 18:24, Glenn said:

This.

Despite many shots coming out in 6-10 seconds, it can actually can make a decent-tasting 'espresso'!

esam4200.jpg

Judging by the votes it looks like Aeropress is the way to go in the office? At my job we're drinking old beans from an automatic machine, it's not ideal! I'm going to see if I can convince the boss to switch 😅

the clever dripper is a handy tool for work. Bit bulky to carry but easy to clean!

We use a Dolce Gusto. Not too bad for a quick coffee.

The aeropress! But I genuinely thought I was the only one who ever did. So happy to see it the most popular

Has anyone seen the new Aeropress Go? Thoughts?

The aeropress! But I genuinely thought I was the only one who ever did. So happy to see it the most popular
Has anyone seen the new Aeropress Go? Thoughts?
I can't really see the benefit in the Aeropress Go. I use an Aeropress at work, but I leave mine there in my desk drawer.

As far as I can see the Go is smaller, which can't be better, it has an unpleasant cup with it, and a folding handle.

I'm really not sure I can see the point of it.
  • Like 1

Gear:   Gaggia Classic, La Pavoni Euopiccola, Niche zero grinder.

Aeropress for me at work, too with a hand grinder. Everyone who comes into the kitchen to make tea or instant coffee always comments on how good the smell is yet they are all too lazy to learn how or be bothered. 😂

I can't really see the benefit in the Aeropress Go. I use an Aeropress at work, but I leave mine there in my desk drawer.

As far as I can see the Go is smaller, which can't be better, it has an unpleasant cup with it, and a folding handle.

I'm really not sure I can see the point of it.
I could see it being handy for travelling or throwing in a backpack but having to carry the grinder separately let's it down somewhat.

Laissez les bons temps rouler