Glenn

What method do you use to make coffee at work?

What method do you use to make coffee at work?  

407 members have voted

1. 1. What method do you use to make coffee at work?

• Instant Coffee
    • Vending Machine
    • Brewed Coffee (French Press/V60/Kalita/Chemex/Sowden etc)
    • Aeropress
    • Espresso Machine
    • Nespresso Machine (or similar capsule machine)
    • Other (please describe below)

Turkish coffee.

It's easy to make and I don't depend on any machine (I bring my own dzezva).

In my opinion, Turkish brew is really strong and bitter, enough so to wake me up from the mundane world of my job.

At home, I prefer drip brew but at work- Turkish coffee rules.

I also bring some Turkish delight an my coworkers love me for it (though I hate them);)

The wife bought me this as a Valentines gift and I've been using it at work. Pleased with it so far, better than instant thats for sure

.LHVF6776.jpg

The wife bought me this as a Valentines gift and I've been using it at work. Pleased with it so far, better than instant thats for sure

.[ATTACH=CONFIG]32218[/ATTACH]

Looks fun, what is it!?

Gaggia Classic / Aeropress / V60 / Niche Zero / Wilfa Svart / Feldgrind

Its a Nanopresso 'compact espresso machine.'

Put some ground coffee in, and some hot water, and use the hand pump to build pressure and then to pour the coffee. Not perfect but neat bit of kit and gives me a hit of coffee when only instant is available.

I work in Africa for 4 weeks at a time, had planned to bring my aeropress last year and leave it here. Packed up my coffee and realised when I got on plane my aeropress was still home. Picked up a bodum French press on the way so not too bad.

This trip the airline lost my luggage with coffee so I'm stuck with deltea or ginga instant! Not good, but it'll make me appreciate coffee more when I get home.

aeropress with a porlex knock off. i used to drive all my coworkers mad with the grinding but as soon as you make them one cup they get the message. have converted 3 of them from instant to AP now, i should be on commission!

At work deathcafe barista edition - mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm - cough splutter - I work from home a lot as a consequence

all opinions are my own I have not received any free equipment or favours from suppliers 

At work deathcafe barista edition - mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm - cough splutter - I work from home a lot as a consequence
I'm surprised you haven't smuggled a la pav into work yet.

Laissez les bons temps rouler

I don't make coffee at work but I do get one on the way to work at :nervous cough: Caffe Nero. Not many options as I work in a small town and get to work for about 7am. Tbh it's less about the coffee and more about the ritual as I know the staff, say hello to other regulars etc. Once I've had an early morning coffee I'm happy to wait until I get home for another. Water and the occasional fruit/herbal tea during the day.

Gaggia Classic (2006), Eureka Mignon MK2

I don't make coffee at work but I do get one on the way to work at :nervous cough: Caffe Nero. Not many options as I work in a small town and get to work for about 7am. Tbh it's less about the coffee and more about the ritual as I know the staff, say hello to other regulars etc. Once I've had an early morning coffee I'm happy to wait until I get home for another. Water and the occasional fruit/herbal tea during the day.

I understand the ritual point well- when I used to commute a long way down the M5 I did the same in the Starbucks at Gordano Services- got to know the staff quite well. I must admit I still go back there every few months when visiting family- just to remind myself that I can definitely make better coffee now at home!

In my last job I took my Sage BE to work as I practically lived in the place, but now I just use an Espropress.

Sage DB, Mazzer Major, Mazzer Mini Doser (decaf), Orphan Espresso Lido 2 hand grinder (chemex)

Generally filter, as I work from home, or Aeropress for an office visit or on holiday. One particular office I don't take anything as they use a Technivorm or french press dependant on the time of day.

Personally, I have been using v60, but the Aeropress popularity around the office has grown quite surprisingly in the past two years

I mostly do Aeropress at work and grind fresh, while most lap up their Kenco instant. :yuk:

Filter coffee fan = Aeropress pre-workout / v60 for leisure :coffee::good:

Doing a French press at work...

Getting ground coffe from Sainsburys, very different from grinding at home.

I have to find a solution for this...

Bean to cup automatic machine(Saeco) in that way I really appreciate my home setups.

CFBG Team

Buying expensive equipment won't make you barista!

AeroPress !!!!!

Specialty Coffees from Deep Deep Deep in Guatemala Mountains.

ensoluna.com - facebook.com/ensolunausa

Doing a French press at work...

Getting ground coffe from Sainsburys, very different from grinding at home.

I have to find a solution for this...

Lots of people at my work using aeropress with supermarket preground coffee. Not sure what's the point!

I have found even with grinder it makes a huge difference to the taste.

Personally went from french press (better for sharing) aeropresslano 1, to 2, & now moccamaster one. Looks great on my desk ....but going a bit over the top with aergrind & scales I think. ....

Hand grinder +

Aeropress + lots of awkward stares + some interesting conversations

we have Taylor St and an in house cafe which are quite good ... expensive mind

Gaggia Classic / PID / OPV 9 Bar/V2 Wand/IMS Shower plate/IMS 21g Basket | Sage Pro Grinder + Brasilia RR45 Doser Modded grinder | Reg Barber Radical tamper 58.35 mm | Raw Jersey cow milk (Dreamers Farm Somerset) |(usually Waitrose Spring water, or Ashbeck) | Not enough time

Aeropress with Pact pre-ground. However, just purchased a Clever Dripper, and a Eureka Mignon this coming weekend so I can at least pre-grind each morning.

Rocket Apartmento and Eureka Mignon, Aeropress and Clever Dripper for work....