Coffee Forums banner

What method do you use to make coffee at work?

90K views 453 replies 337 participants last post by  Tangerine Seasider 
#1 ·
Instant Coffee408.55%
Vending Machine224.70%
Brewed Coffee (French Press/V60/Kalita/Chemex/Sowden etc)13127.99%
Aeropress13127.99%
Espresso Machine5812.39%
Nespresso Machine (or similar capsule machine)469.83%
Other (please describe below)408.55%

#2 ·
Tomorrow heralds the start of the working year for most people and the stark reality of facing instant coffee in the office is just too much for some to handle

Are you planning on taking in a French Press, V60, Kalita Wave or Aeropress?

Or will your boss allow an espresso machine to make an appearance?

#8 ·
I've voted brewed, but a little misleading as I do a V60 at home in the morning and take it into work in a thermos. Sadly don't have the time to brew at work although I keep promising myself an aeropress to try.

#9 ·
Used an aeropress but got some extremely strange looks. Clever coffee dripper is a bit easier as it doesn't involve any strenuous plunging.

Still used to take 15 minutes to make a brew and that was really pushing what HR might call "a reasonable length of time for a beverage break".

#11 ·
The Aeropress.

I'm going to start pre-grinding at home to avoid further recrimination from my workmates who gratingly insist that I elucidate why I am not making coffee with just a spoon and hot water 'like normal people'.

Reactions: Colin Gummer
#13 ·
Should also note that the 2nd in command has a war-torn Gaggia Classic paired with an MDF grinder that I sometimes use if desperate.

He solely buys HasBean but the Classic is so incredibly manky and usually has mouldy water in the drip tray.

The gasket was replaced recently and after a considerable battle wrenching the old one out it had literally turned into solid plastic!!

I'll post pic of it one day soon.

#14 ·
I used to weigh at work and get the funny looks so now a pre-weigh before I go in little pots.

At work I've a Hausgrind, V60 and Kalita Wave (plus a milk jug to pour). Might try the Sowden again. Key is not to look like i'm taking the mickey for the time to make a cuppa

#16 ·
At work/during the week I'll drink "any old sh*te"...

Mainly because the choice is "any old sh*te"...

Brown stuff from the machine if feeling lazy...

"Latte" from the in-house Costa a couple of times a day... One of the girls actually takes care making it and doesn't nuke the milk and it is actually drinkable (not saying it's good but it is drinkable).

But I don't count this as drinking coffee... I reserve that for the weekend when at home.

NB: No kettles etc at work. Only one non-Costabucks in town (and that's pretty poor) - I have a hard life ;-)

There is supposedly a good roaster/cafe about 10 miles down the road (in Shrewsbury) but I am normally busy in the evenings playing badminton (so drink gallons of squash not coffee) so haven't ventured that far.....

#17 ·
Espresso Machine because I work in a coffee shop
:)

At home I used v60/Aeropress mostly, but looking to get myself a Kalita, Siphon and a Chemex this year! I don't drink coffee at college, I can't make my own and there's nothing decent unless I go into town - I'm a coffee snob!

#20 ·
Beanosaurus said:
The Aeropress.

I'm going to start pre-grinding at home to avoid further recrimination from my workmates who gratingly insist that I elucidate why I am not making coffee with just a spoon and hot water 'like normal people'.
This ^^^ I work in a factory - giant tubs of Nescafe which everyone thinks is 'the good stuff'!

I started off with a Clever Coffee Dripper but the water at work is pretty poor so switched to Chemex into flask before work. The last few months I've just been drinking tea.

#25 ·
Decaf tea bags at work (wherever I am) unless the customer is making a brew then it's whatever's offered..

At home I have time to faff around
:)

#26 ·
I'm home based, so mainly an Aeropress or when lazy a nespresso (which is by my desk). I just bought a Gaggia Classic though so that will get more use and the nespresso will go when the pods are gone. Sadly when I do go into the office it is just instant coffee, when at a customer site it is a complete lottery!
:(