Glenn

What method do you use to make coffee at work?

346 members have voted

1. 1. What method do you use to make coffee at work?

• Instant Coffee
    • Vending Machine
    • Brewed Coffee (French Press/V60/Kalita/Chemex/Sowden etc)
    • Aeropress
    • Espresso Machine
    • Nespresso Machine (or similar capsule machine)
    • Other (please describe below)

Tomorrow heralds the start of the working year for most people and the stark reality of facing instant coffee in the office is just too much for some to handle

Are you planning on taking in a French Press, V60, Kalita Wave or Aeropress?

Or will your boss allow an espresso machine to make an appearance?

Home Barista Training - contact me to discuss your requirements

We have Nespresso at work but not a huge fan of it. So I bring my aeropress and hario v60. I was given a red rocket pourover coffee kit for Christmas. Will probably use that for work and leave my v60 at home.

The Edward Sowden.

Edited by Glenn
updated options to include Sowden

I use an aeropress at work but I'm thinking about getting a handpresso...Does anyone here use one? Are they any good?

Sowden generally, aeropress sometimes but got a Cores gold filter glass 'mag' (it says on the box) for christmas and will be trying that out.

I've voted brewed, but a little misleading as I do a V60 at home in the morning and take it into work in a thermos. Sadly don't have the time to brew at work although I keep promising myself an aeropress to try.

Rancilio Silvia --> V60 --> Mazzer Mini --> 18g VST basket --> 58mm Motta Tamper --> Acaia Scales.

Drink it black and prefer the Lighter Side of Life.

Used an aeropress but got some extremely strange looks. Clever coffee dripper is a bit easier as it doesn't involve any strenuous plunging.

Still used to take 15 minutes to make a brew and that was really pushing what HR might call "a reasonable length of time for a beverage break".

I do the sowden at work ......thinking of using the v60 or cover now too though ..

i get funny looks when i use the hausgrind at work but I'm the boss , so I just ask them what they are doing int he staff room , instead of working .

• Like 1

I write a blog, it's nothing to do with coffee ...

https://rjwinc.wordpress.com

Instagram - rjw_inc

The Aeropress.

I'm going to start pre-grinding at home to avoid further recrimination from my workmates who gratingly insist that I elucidate why I am not making coffee with just a spoon and hot water 'like normal people'.

Beans, beans the musical fruit, the more you drink, the more you... *tremors uncontrollably* 😬 

I've gradually increased my work kit to the point where I have a hausgrind, v60, hario buono and scales. It does not go unmentioned by my colleagues - I think the scales were the step too far in their eyes ;)

Londinium L1 | Compak E8

Should also note that the 2nd in command has a war-torn Gaggia Classic paired with an MDF grinder that I sometimes use if desperate.

He solely buys HasBean but the Classic is so incredibly manky and usually has mouldy water in the drip tray.

The gasket was replaced recently and after a considerable battle wrenching the old one out it had literally turned into solid plastic!!

I'll post pic of it one day soon.

Beans, beans the musical fruit, the more you drink, the more you... *tremors uncontrollably* 😬 

I used to weigh at work and get the funny looks so now a pre-weigh before I go in little pots.

At work I've a Hausgrind, V60 and Kalita Wave (plus a milk jug to pour). Might try the Sowden again. Key is not to look like i'm taking the mickey for the time to make a cuppa

I currently use a french press with tesco bought pre-ground beans, however now armed with a porlex and an aeropress things are going to change!

At work/during the week I'll drink "any old sh*te"...

Mainly because the choice is "any old sh*te"...

Brown stuff from the machine if feeling lazy...

"Latte" from the in-house Costa a couple of times a day... One of the girls actually takes care making it and doesn't nuke the milk and it is actually drinkable (not saying it's good but it is drinkable).

But I don't count this as drinking coffee... I reserve that for the weekend when at home.

NB: No kettles etc at work. Only one non-Costabucks in town (and that's pretty poor) - I have a hard life ;-)

There is supposedly a good roaster/cafe about 10 miles down the road (in Shrewsbury) but I am normally busy in the evenings playing badminton (so drink gallons of squash not coffee) so haven't ventured that far.....

There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Manic Obsession"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Expobar Brewtus DB, Mazzer SJ, Sowden, V60, Aeropress and all sorts

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently enjoying LSOL

Espresso Machine because I work in a coffee shop :)

At home I used v60/Aeropress mostly, but looking to get myself a Kalita, Siphon and a Chemex this year! I don't drink coffee at college, I can't make my own and there's nothing decent unless I go into town - I'm a coffee snob!

Student, Barista and Coffee Blogger!

www.samjfranklin.com | instagram: @samjfranklin

Work: La Marzocco Linea Classic (2grp), Aurelia II, 3 Mazzers, EK43, K30 Dual, CCD, v60, Hario Syphon, Kalita Wave, Aeropress | Home: Bodum Bistro Grinder, v60, Aeropress, French Press, CCD

V60, bodum burr hrinder which works fine for brewed, scales and lots of beans. Nobody asks me if I want an instant coffee anymore when doing the rounds!

Twitter @Froggystyle

Since November I have used an Aeropress, grinding fresh each morning for the day. Having got a new grinder for Christmas intend to take my old krups into work and grind as needed.

The Aeropress.

I'm going to start pre-grinding at home to avoid further recrimination from my workmates who gratingly insist that I elucidate why I am not making coffee with just a spoon and hot water 'like normal people'.

This ^^^ I work in a factory - giant tubs of Nescafe which everyone thinks is 'the good stuff'!

I started off with a Clever Coffee Dripper but the water at work is pretty poor so switched to Chemex into flask before work. The last few months I've just been drinking tea.

Expobar DB PID, OE Pharos, OE Lido & Torr 58.4 plan2convex

Was Dripper, then Aeropress and currently a Sowdens.

Sage DB; Mazzer Major; VST 15g, 18g & 20g Baskets;TORR Trapez & Perger Tamper

One 4 litre bulk brew every morning for the whole building, then 3-4 chemex brews for 3-4 of us throughout the day. Espresso (less often) if playing with a new shop blend or the IMM recording.

@garydyke1

I gave up working...

Better coffee at home!

Stephen.

LONDINIUM 1 - Elektra Nino

While I am working on my son's flat - use Chemex paired with Bonavita electric kettle and Hausgrind to keep me supplied. Minimum faff and excellent coffee on tap as and when needed.

Londinium-R - EKS43 running SSP Silver Knight burrs

Decaf tea bags at work (wherever I am) unless the customer is making a brew then it's whatever's offered..

At home I have time to faff around :)

Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3 + Mahlkonig EK43 Turkish burrs + Niche

Output: KVdW Speedster + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

I'm home based, so mainly an Aeropress or when lazy a nespresso (which is by my desk). I just bought a Gaggia Classic though so that will get more use and the nespresso will go when the pods are gone. Sadly when I do go into the office it is just instant coffee, when at a customer site it is a complete lottery! :(