fatboyslim

Has Bean Golden Ticket SSSS

That July one was a cracker - one of the best so far, I reckon. It was the lemon-everything one. I was kind of half dreading it because of all the mentions of lemon but by heck!, it was fabulous. A distant memory now and a lot of coffee drunk since then but from what I can recall it was fruity, not too sweet and just amazingly good :)

• Like 1

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni with NickNak single hole steam wand tip  / Monolith Titan Conical & MAX  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer /  gold B Plus stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / coffee bar towel logo embroiderer to the hoi polloi  / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely and understanding husband 

On 18/07/2019 at 19:03, MildredM said:

That July one was a cracker - one of the best so far, I reckon. It was the lemon-everything one. I was kind of half dreading it because of all the mentions of lemon but by heck!, it was fabulous. A distant memory now and a lot of coffee drunk since then but from what I can recall it was fruity, not too sweet and just amazingly good :)

Put me off a bit as well so Ive been finishing off other beans. Still got about half a bag left of this so will have to dig into it. Might make a V60, have a brew for a change.

• Like 2

Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3 + Mahlkonig EK43 Turkish burrs + Niche

Output: KVdW Speedster + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

Just getting into October's Finca Limoncello and it makes a stunning flat white.  Huge beans!

18 to 37 in about 30s with the work setup.

• Like 1

Home: Sage Dual Boiler, Probat EK43 & Feldgind

Work: Sage Dual Boiler & Niche Zero

Drinking this month's as aeropress at the office and it's delicious. The notes on the bag sound a bit innocuous and the shirt of thing which might pass me by but I'm really getting the vanillary sweet sponge.27cedaf8a2761225e7991e1c9ba48f4e.jpg

• Like 1

When does the SSSS come up for renewal? I was one it for a couple of years but didn't renew after that. I'm now thinking of supplementing my LSOL with another interesting sub - is this still good value?

The email to existing subscribers normally comes out at the end of November with extra slots on the website from mid-December.

Its not knock your socks off value like it use to be (£71/year apparently) and probably why many of the early subscribers on here moved on. Some opinions in the thread above are that the coffee was better a while back as well.

Last year was £100 for 12 months with a cheeky 10% discount for existing subscribers and compadres, so £7.5/250g bag delivered. I still think this is very good value for the product and service. Not surprising as I think Has Bean are one of the bigger players so should be able offer low prices.

If I move on this time it'll only be if prices really rocket or my itchy feet demand I try something else after 2 years, I've really enjoy these though.

Enjoying this month's as flat whites.  A touch on the roasty side but that's ok with milk.

Home: Sage Dual Boiler, Probat EK43 & Feldgind

Work: Sage Dual Boiler & Niche Zero

Enjoying this month's as flat whites.  A touch on the roasty side but that's ok with milk.

I agree with you.. I thought they looked a bit darker than normal and also tasted more roasted. Certainly compared to usual #### and the LSOL which I tend to drink

GS3 and Versalab M3; Vario Home, Aeropress and Kalita Wave

I agree, I thought they seemed like a darker roast. The taste was ok, some were even delicious, but I didn’t feel it was as good as I hoped it would be!

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni with NickNak single hole steam wand tip  / Monolith Titan Conical & MAX  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer /  gold B Plus stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / coffee bar towel logo embroiderer to the hoi polloi  / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely and understanding husband 

Soooooo... Who's re-subscribed?

Price has gone up again! But there's the discount code so it's a tenner more than last year.. Bit of a pain that it's all paid for in advance but there you go..

Not supposed to be on the website yet, but it's there (I found it, but not telling.. you'll have to look :whistle:)

• Like 1

Output: KVdW Speedster + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

3 minutes ago, Rhys said:

Soooooo... Who's re-subscribed?

Price has gone up again! But there's the discount code so it's a tenner more than last year.. Bit of a pain that it's all paid for in advance but there you go..

Not supposed to be on the website yet, but it's there (I found it, but not telling.. you'll have to look :whistle:)

Haha that was almost too easy to find

ECM Heidelberg Mechanika IV Profi // Niche Zero

1 minute ago, catpuccino said:

Haha that was almost too easy to find

I emailed them to point it out.. :classic_laugh:

I’m not. The price is fine, it isn’t that, there have been a couple that just weren’t my cup of tea coffee so I may as well order just what I want.