How did you hear about Coffee Forums UK?  

748 members have voted

1. 1. How did you hear about Coffee Forums UK?

• Word of Mouth / Referral
    • Internet Search (eg Google, Yahoo, Bing)
    • Social Media (eg Twitter)
    • Another Forum / Blog / RSS Feed
    • Site Advertiser / Sponsor
    • Other (please comment below)

Searching for various brew techniques or querying issues on google more often than not let me here.

Coming back to here when I'm again stuck overhauling abused Gaggias, or now Le'Lit Combis. Initially some search engine sends me to the middle of some thread, and from there it's down the rabbit hole... (been lurking forever)

Mostly by searching coffee-related content on Google and this forum coming up quite high in the results

Spam Alert : )

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

:)

Hi all. Coffee noobie. Lurking for a few weeks. Really great info here. Looking forward to learning. Thks

I drink about 6 to 8 espresso's per day. Went to Naples to visit my mum and I had some of their Cafe Garibaldi espresso. Tried my best to source some beans here in the UK( no joy with the usual online websites), this is how I came across the forum and how everything started.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

I've been directed here from the LFGSS (cycling forum) coffee thread, primarily in answer to my question there about buying/selling, but I'm learning a lot already. I did have my hopes pinned on a barista express, then a Gaggia Classic, now I'm not even sure, but I'm pretty sure I probably want something more substantial/reliable for the grinder, quite possibly a Mignon, not sure about the machine, maybe a DTP, or a 2019 Classic if my budget can stretch.

Hi, my friend Brad lives for coffee and he is always on the forum. I thought i'd give it a go. 

Hello from the US ! Espresso newbie..Lot's of useful information on these forums with regards to gaggia usage.

i was searching for a pid for my gaggia cc and found MrShades thread here, and am amazed by the amount of information here.

I was searching the best coffee forum in Google and I found Coffee Forums UK

Recommended by a colleague to the forum. I have bought a La Pavoni Europiccola, looking for a grinder to go next to it. Will update with details when I receive it. I also have a La Pavoni PUB 1 alongside an Ascaso Imini. Hopefully my Europiccola will be more fun! 

found via Google - in search of interesting bits and bobs around the Gaggia Classic.

Currently in the middle of an overhaul of the whole machine - living as i do in a very hard water area

spent the weekend descaling - managed to get a superb shot of espresso out the very next day.  goes to show, a little work brings great rewards

Got the IMS brass showerhead and screen coming this week - looking forward to getting that fitted.

figure i may need to loosen up the grind a touch - getting some water feeding back into the main reservoir during brew..  

found via Google - in search of interesting bits and bobs around the Gaggia Classic.
Currently in the middle of an overhaul of the whole machine - living as i do in a very hard water area
spent the weekend descaling - managed to get a superb shot of espresso out the very next day.  goes to show, a little work brings great rewards
Got the IMS brass showerhead and screen coming this week - looking forward to getting that fitted.
figure i may need to loosen up the grind a touch - getting some water feeding back into the main reservoir during brew..  
I aim for the OPV to open when I pull a shot. Without fitting a manometer, it's the only way to know what pressure your shot is running at.

Laissez les bons temps rouler

Ok so as I quietly suspected, nothing to concern myself with.  As it is I'll just coarsen the grind a fraction to help get the water through the coffee a little bit faster.  Having great fun learning :)