I had some Has Bean Toba Sulawesi Espresso Blend this morning in my latte. I did one and a half pulls on my La Pavoni lever machine and it came out great. It cuts through the milk really well.

Damn you tease :p I've been missing toba sulawesi for some time, looking forward to cupping it again soon.

Guatemala El Bosque Amatitlan Red Bourbon 2010-2011 Crop from Has Bean. Rich, smooth with nice acidity. A month after roasting so not at its best but still lovely.

Oh! I have some of that in hand -- bought it for ChiarasMom for her French press, but it wasn't to her taste. Silly of me not to try it myself. How did you prepare it?

Today I have been drinking HasBean El Retiro, Supreme Roastworks El Volcancito #83 and Supreme Roastworks El Carrizo. All great coffees - although I've not got the extractions nailed down quite yet. If I had to sum up the Supreme Roastworks coffees in one word, it would be Juicy. Although that word could be repeated many times ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Resurrecting this thread! :D

I've started on home espresso over Christmas, so I've been mainly drinking the HasBean blends - Blake, Kicker and Jailbreak so far. I've also been drinking Limoncillo in the V60 and ibrik. So far, I love this years Limoncillo (never really clicked with last year's). Blake is great with milk, but not really my taste as a straight espresso. I'm not so fond of Jailbreak and Kicker in milk, but Kicker especially is great as an espresso when you get it right :)

So what have other people been drinking?

Resurrecting this thread! :D

I'm glad you did Roland

This week I have been really enjoying a number of coffees with a few bags yet to open

The Union Roasted Costa Rica Los Anonos, Exclusive Reserve has just finished - and was superb as an Aeropress

I have had a cup (or two) each day for the past couple of weeks and will miss it for sure

On Xmas eve I opened a bag of HasBean Christmas Espresso Blend (which I can no longer see on the site)

This has been the base of many espressos, piccolos, flat whites and the odd gingerbread latte (for my wife and friend)

With a hint of spice and nuts this was a good blend this year.

Tomorrow I am opening the CoffeeBeanShop Jamaican Blue Mountain "Wallenfod Estate". This is not a bean I usually get to try and one I am looking forward to.

I'm hoping this will be my New Years morning coffee too, and it should be hitting it's stride about then too.

I am also hoping to open use my Syphon for the first time tomorrow night (may have to be Thursday), and will be using Union Roasted Panama Emporium Estate (not yet on the site but coming soon). I'll review once opened and have made the first couple of Syphons

Roland and myself have been chatting about the hasbean espresso pack on twitter, I've been loving it. Mainly been on the jailbreak and kicker and a bit of jabberwocky in the chemex.

aside from espresso based drinks I've been really enjoying the costa rica finca da licho in chemex, v60 and my bodum santos vac pot.

Lots of coffee so far this christmas!

Just drinking a chemex of Jabberwocky :)

I've also been drinking the HasBean Christmas espresso blend in my gaggia - makes a lovely heavy and spicy espresso :)

Man after my own heart Roland, Been drinking he same myself enjoy

Gaz

Never too old to learn, often too old to remember

Sage Dual Boiler, Bratatz Sette 270, Hario drip, kettle, Hario hand grinder, Chemex , replaced again, broke yet again :( , Aeropress, french press, Motta jug,flat and convex tamper, Hario Syphon

SKINT BUT HAPPY

Have been enjoying my Christmas blend of Brazil Pulped Natural/PNG Wahgi AA/Harrar Longberry--Brazil to first snaps 2C, PNG to just on 2C and Harrar 30sec prior to 2C--been producing a rich chocolate/fruity espresso and great in milk drinks--on certain days the Harrar has been really prominent with lovely blueberry notes dominating the cup--this blend was roasted on the 18th Dec and in the past it is still great after 3 weeks post roast (if it lasts that long!!).

• 1 month later...