That Panama Duncan is a great coffee. I tried it at Union's Barista Jam shortly after WBC during a cupping session. It was the standout of the table. Their Kenya Karimikui was the standout on the other table. Both highly recommended. I hope next years crop is equally delicious

So you're recommending the La Illusion and the Cascara, but not the Lemsip?

For me today it's Cuban Serrano Superior from MacBeans. It seems to like being pulled a bit cool - 218F on the PID which my table says translates to about 197F at the brewhead on this machine. I misjudged the grind and pulled a semi-gusher, but it's still so good.

Chased with a thimbleful of Covonia Original Bronchial Balsam*, so Roland, I'm more or less right with you there.

*Back in America the product with the same active ingredient is sold under the drab name Triaminic Cough. Here it's "Bronchial Balsam." I love this country.

That Panama Duncan is a great coffee. I tried it at Union's Barista Jam shortly after WBC during a cupping session. It was the standout of the table. Their Kenya Karimikui was the standout on the other table. Both highly recommended. I hope next years crop is equally delicious

It is delicious! I'm on that this morning, followed by some Union Kenya Kianyangi AA, From the Murue Farmers' Co-op, Manyatta, Embu district.

All in the french press at the moment. I haven't tried any as an espresso yet and aside from the Moka pot I have no other brewing methods at the moment. I'm tempted to fashion a Drip brewer!

Londinium Espresso - 100% Costa Rican - roasted for capp/milk drinks

Lovely spice (nutmeg?) flavour with a satisfying lingering finish.

Enjoyed as an espresso. Rather nice in milk too but as an espresso it did the trick

Espresso at home:

SQM Summer Espresso and Hasbean Kicker. This week I will mostly be drinking bright espresso!

At work in the Chemex:

Some of last weeks hasbean inmymug El Bosque. Really really lovely. The milk chocolate really lingers and lingers.

Also, I roasted some end-of-bag Machacamarca that I found on top of the fridge. It's still great, even though these greens are getting on a bit!

Espresso at home:

SQM Summer Espresso and Hasbean Kicker. This week I will mostly be drinking bright espresso!

At work in the Chemex:

Some of last weeks hasbean inmymug El Bosque. Really really lovely. The milk chocolate really lingers and lingers.

Also, I roasted some end-of-bag Machacamarca that I found on top of the fridge. It's still great, even though these greens are getting on a bit!

I was using the el bosque from HasBean in my siphon last week and really enjoyed it, lovely cup! This week I'm on HasBean's jailbreak espresso blend, but mostly made in Aeropress.

After tasting Has Bean Kicker espresso at Tapped and Packed on Monday I had to try it at home, so that's what's in my cup today. I normally lean towards rich chocolatey Brazils, so I didn't really expect to like something bright and citrusy like Kicker, but it's delicious, and a wonderful change of pace. (And despite Has Bean's dire warnings that this coffee is difficult, my first shot was pretty successful.)

• 2 weeks later...

Steven from Union Hand Roasted sent me a couple of packs of beans today. I received them today (Saturday) and they were roasted and packed yesterday! One is Bright Note - Guatamalan, Sana Ana La Heurta and Lambari farm Brazil. Really fruity and zesty espresso with a caramel finish. The other is their columbian. (Which I haven't havn't had for years)

Breakfast time I think! Starting with Bright Note!

ED. Yup, breakfast. Lazy day today! :)

OOOOOOHHHHAWWWEEEEEEEE! Ohhhhh that is a truly amazing espresso! So fresh and fruity, yet sweet with a caramel, almost almandy finish.

I don't wish to gush here but if you have never had espresso from Union Hand Roasted, you are REALLY missing out!

Right, time for a flat white I think! (3 espresso's and a ristretto {25Ml, 28 secs, 19g ha ha} later)

Lee