29 minutes ago, The Systemic Kid said:

lemon pineapple notes

Thanks for clarifying this Patrick! I thought I had a bit of lemon underpinning the pineapple and peach. The cup was so good, but the lemon misled me slightly for a tinge of sourness, which I thought it can’t be. 😊

“A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.” — George Bernhard Shaw

• 2 weeks later...

@BlackCatCoffee  

Ethiopia Worka Wuri. Medium / medium light ?

Got a clean, sweet and smooth cup; not  sour and bitter. 18g:43.7g:45s, 93C group and 101C brew boiler. The acidity was neither muted nor enhanced; I would say it was just right. Kiwi and floral for me. 

I plan to pull one with the same settings and another with loosened grind. 

CAB0857A-878F-4B72-94A8-FD398E18F9F5.thumb.jpeg.ed0b9dc6958f34a5bff48bab132a9e47.jpeg

Edit : For the record, I have been experimenting using a filter paper at the base of the bottomless IMS 26 basket during the last couple of days. The intent is to avoid silts - however insignificant it may be - on the cup; it helps getting a clean cup. I have not seen this increasing the shot time with my other beans. 

Edited by Like Medium Strong Coffee
  • Like 1

“A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.” — George Bernhard Shaw

Workshop Familia Granda, washed Typica Mejorado - 18g in, 83g out shot, sweet brown sugar and tropical fruit, very tasty. Bought as a filter roast but a little dark for me, preferred their Kaiguri AA, washed, SL28, SL34, Batian & Riuru 11 as drip brew.

• Like 1

North Star Rianjagi Swashed L28, SL34, Riuru 11 - Very more-ish cup, like a lemon (sweet) iced tea.

13.9g ground at 95 on Niche. Melitta 102, 5x42g poured every 40s, 1st 2 pours direct, last 3 via steel can strainer sitting in brewer.

37 minutes ago, MWJB said:

North Star Rianjagi Swashed L28, SL34, Riuru 11 - Very more-ish cup, like a lemon (sweet) iced tea.

13.9g ground at 95 on Niche. Melitta 102, 5x42g poured every 40s, 1st 2 pours direct, last 3 via steel can strainer sitting in brewer.

OK, I'm coming round to sample....😉

• Like 1

CFUK, the biggest, best and most friendly forum in the UK...with a wealth of knowledge among its many members.

I've always been a big fan of the Ana Sora beans that Hasbean stock, but I've only ever had their natural processed ones. However, as I've drunken almost nothing but natural beans this year, I decided it was time to venture over to the washed side.

And Hasbean's latest batch of washed Ana Sora beans serve up a tasty, refined brew. There's plenty of sweet lemon at play which is underpinned by black tea notes. I suppose there's a kind of Earl Grey vibe going on, but much sweeter and with the understanding that this is clearly coffee. Flavours are more intense through the Aeropress, but they're not too muted through a V60 either.

Anyway, these are recommended and signal my re-entry into the world of washed coffee.

Edited by winterlight

3 hours ago, winterlight said:

I've always been a big fan of the Ana Sora beans that Hasbean stock, but I've only ever had their natural processed ones. However, as I've drunken almost nothing but natural beans this year, I decided it was time to venture over to the washed side.

And Hasbean's latest batch of washed Ana Sora beans serve up a tasty, refined brew. There's plenty of sweet lemon at play which is underpinned by black tea notes. I suppose there's a kind of Earl Grey vibe going on, but much sweeter and with the understanding that this is clearly coffee. Flavours are more intense through the Aeropress, but they're not too muted through a V60 either.

Anyway, these are recommended and signal my re-entry into the world of washed coffee.

i had a bag of these a few weeks ago that came in the subscription. i usually like washed ethiopians anyway but these were particularly good. they couldn’t be more different from the natural ones.

1 hour ago, shaun**** said:

i had a bag of these a few weeks ago that came in the subscription. i usually like washed ethiopians anyway but these were particularly good. they couldn’t be more different from the natural ones.

Agreed! The latest natural ones were really nice, but these are completely different in every way.