42 minutes ago, winterlight said:

I saw that yesterday and was intrigued, but Christmas cake is one of my food nightmares so not sure if I'd enjoy that one much. As I'm on holiday next week I've ordered up some of their Bolivian Gesha coffee as a treat.

It’s the spice notes and dark fruit that remind me of xmas cake. 

the geisha looks interesting, the tasting notes are pretty wild. but again it’s quite expensive so i’ll probably only try it if they are good enough to send it out on the subscription.

i’ve been drinking this one today. it’s pretty good, definitely a big hit of strawberry especially with a longer ratio. up the dose a bit and a shorter shot and lychee is noticeable. but there’s a hint of something floral as well, to me.

it’s the first time i’ve tried coffee from timor.

image.jpg

Ordered Sunday night, arrived this morning. Just brewed in the v60 using my usual recipe, took about 25 seconds longer to draw down. Very smooth, but nowhere near as fruity and juicy as I was hoping. Perhaps it'll change after a few days resting 

20210803_134833.jpg

On 03/08/2021 at 14:06, James811 said:

Ordered Sunday night, arrived this morning. Just brewed in the v60 using my usual recipe, took about 25 seconds longer to draw down. Very smooth, but nowhere near as fruity and juicy as I was hoping. Perhaps it'll change after a few days resting 

20210803_134833.jpg

I've been trying to bring the fruitiness out of this all week and it hasn't worked. I tried it in the AP today rather than V60 and it's actually better strangely enough. Still not what I was hoping for though 

I decided to treat myself, as I'm on holiday this week, to a bag of Hasbean's (take a deep breath) Bolivia Finca La Llama Natural Geisha Hawaii and it made some glorious coffee.

Mostly been brewing it in the Aeropress for 15 - 20 minutes and this has resulted in some super sweet and rich flavours. Lots of big blueberry flavours (think a typical Ethiopian) and some sweet lemon alongside it. It mentioned Yuzu notes on the website too, but I have no idea what Yuzu tastes like! I made one cup through the V60 and it was okay, but the flavours were noticeably muted compared to the Aeropress long steep.

It was certainly expensive, but as a treat I have nothing to complain about. I had another Bolivian Geisha from Hasbean about a year ago and that was equally impressive, but very different flavours (although that also mentioned Yuzu).

beans.png.93fad44632569718ea9706a9bc00a622.png

Edited by winterlight

Brazil Bota Fora from The Teesside Coffee Co

caramel and Hazelnut...very smooth

18gm---54out in 46secs

tn_TTCC Brazil Bota Fora.jpg

Edited by yardbent

..regards...................john...:coffee:

• 2 weeks later...

No pictures here - but I’ve been savouring the last of my Sumatra Mandheling from Teeside Coffee Company. Alternating between it being as a long black or a latte, only dosing about 13.5g a time and that gives (me anyway) plenty of a kick to get through to pop master.

Edited by IamSLW
Typo - company name
  • Like 1

Nice. 

I'm currently enjoying the Ueshima Fuji Mountain... yeah it's a commercial blend made in the EU to a Japanese spec. It's a decent brew for something off the shelves if you like dark roasts. I got it as it was on discount for £3 a bag and I saw it while I was picking up more brew water in Waitrose.

• Like 1

Black cat chocolate point. 

It is... Chocolatey. Not my favourite espresso, but it is satisfying to have that really stable crema (even though I don't like how crema tastes!). 

Prefer the black cat signature, which is a bit sweeter and more balanced to me, but this is so easy to dial in you barely need to think. Just run it 1:2 ratio at 6-7 bars and you're good. 

Just now, Like Medium Strong Coffee said:

Coffer by the Casuals Mikari AA Kenya.

Very nice ! 

Plus one for that. Mine arrived day before we went away for a couple of weeks so it was nicely rested by the time we got back.

It's very bright with the Kenyan trademark acidity. Enjoying it as pour over and espresso - lemon pineapple notes for me.

• Like 1

2099893675_Screenshot2021-08-18at10_18_29.png.64d72435dfb5ecf4fe98b7a7a3408e52.png