10 hours ago, Jony said:

Plenty of other good roasters about, Crankhouse, Crafthouse, Django, triple co roast.

obviously - but my point was I was getting bored wading through 1kg of the SAME beans - regardless of the roaster.....:classic_smile:

..regards...................john...:coffee:

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’ve tried to ignore this but i can’t anymore.  This forum has a long and deep history of experimenting and telling each other what we did and how we did it. Sometimes we have something to celebrate

Black Cat Chocolate Point helping me with my first recognisable fern latte art. Taken a few weeks but I think I'm starting to get the feel for milk steaming.

This is a cracking bean, and you really can get the notes creamy chocolate orange Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

Posted Images

10 hours ago, Emily said:

I am pretty new to buying beans but I get a couple of the smallest sized bags at a time. Obvs not as economical as buying the large bags but I want to try lots of different beans. I am also trying to use different roasters - usually swayed by whatever offer they happen to have on at t he time.

you might like to try The Teesside Coffee Co.

they do 200gm bags. 

and ''...£2.80 flat rate postage on all orders...''

• Like 1

i am sipping an espresso made with hasbean’s Kenya Tegu AA. It’s really excellent, the best Kenyan coffee I’ve had in a while, I think. Dominant fruity black currant as you would expect, but it’s very sweet with a lingering aftertaste of apricot and brown sugar, to me.

• Like 1

Crankhouse, Rafael Amaya, Finca la Virginia, double anaerobic pink bourbon

https://www.crankhousecoffee.co.uk/products/rafael-amaya-double-anaerobic-pink-bourbon

Having a weakness for De Kuyper Apricot brandy, I couldn't resist trying this. A high perception of sweetness, overall fairly clean but with a hint of rusticity. I'm maybe getting a little ginger too.

Unusual, very tasty & approachable :-)

V60 01, 13.6g ground at 32 on Wilfa flat. 20g of brew water every 20s to 200g total, each pour taking ~10s, spirals unless liquid above the bed, then ending pour in the centre. Dry bed 3:11.

On 03/06/2021 at 14:05, Emily said:

Next on my list to try… I hope the offer will still be running 🙂I have 2 bags to get through first before I can order. I am a slow coffee drinker.

Hi @Emily

We plan on leaving that offer up until the end of July and then changing to something new all being well. We have some great new coffees coming in next week to look out for.

Matt

The Teesside Coffee Co

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 08/06/2021 at 22:17, Matthew Jackson said:

We plan on leaving that offer up until the end of July and then changing to something new all being well. We have some great new coffees coming in next week to look out for.

Matt...................The Teesside Coffee Co

Matt

just to confirm - was the 'offer' the forum discount or have I missed something else...?...thanks

I made the mistake of ordering a 1kg offer (from elsewhere) - a very nice bean - but too much for a solo drinker..so i need to buy smaller amounts and organise/rotate my 'stock'

interested in your Monsoon Malabar, Brazilian and El Salvador beans

How long to rest after roast date..?  and how long can I store before usage..?

regards................................john

Coffee Compass ''Brighton Lanes' -- one of the choices in their Espresso Trial packs of 3

''...It is 100% pure arabica blend using select Estate coffees from Brazil, Peru, India and Kenya. This coffee has depth, richness and smooth dark chocolate notes with a soft acidity that lends itself marvelously to espresso...''

tn_DSCF0944.JPG.2c30e050cb277c31c0ce7812b2ccb68c.JPG

16gm in,  38gm out,  in 25secs at 8.2 Bar

• Like 1

8 hours ago, yardbent said:

Matt

just to confirm - was the 'offer' the forum discount or have I missed something else...?...thanks

I made the mistake of ordering a 1kg offer (from elsewhere) - a very nice bean - but too much for a solo drinker..so i need to buy smaller amounts and organise/rotate my 'stock'

interested in your Monsoon Malabar, Brazilian and El Salvador beans

How long to rest after roast date..?  and how long can I store before usage..?

regards................................john

Hi John @yardbent

Yes the offer means the one that were advertising on the banner adds. 20% off for new customers.

Rest periods and storage are very subjective things and everyone has there own opinion on this.

We recommend our coffee is used within three months as long as it is kept air tight as far as possible. The bags are resealable. Only grind what you need if possible.

Rest period for me is a minimum of three days. Again this is very subjective. I have a customer who will drink it straight from the roaster if they could. I have a customer who buys coffee a month in advance.

Get in quick on the Brazil as we don't have a lot left.

Matt

12 hours ago, Matthew Jackson said:

We recommend our coffee is used within three months as long as it is kept air tight as far as possible. The bags are resealable. Only grind what you need if possible.

Rest period for me is a minimum of three days. 

Get in quick on the Brazil as we don't have a lot left..............Matt

thanks for the info

Royal Mail delivery times out to the farm will be the ''rest period''..........:classic_rolleyes:..:classic_laugh:

I'll order some today......................

• Like 1

Back on the infamous Ana Sora Natural from Hasbean! Very different from previous batches in terms of flavour as it's very orange and very chocolate. A bit like a Terry's Chocolate Orange in a mug, but with a slight tropical edge of pineapple/grapefruit (I actually thought LILT! after one mouthful towards the end).

Very clean as well, so a smooth, smooth brew. Only slight disappointment was that I didn't pick up on any blueberry. And these beans have been infamous in the past for their blueberry juice flavours. But it's only a few days post-roast and my previous experience is that these beans change quite a bit over the first five days or so.

Not sure if my tastebuds were playing up yesterday, but I put the Hasbean Ana Sora beans through a long-ish steep in my Aeropress this morning and the blueberry was there loud and proud. Less tropical edge this time, but orange, chocolate and blueberry made for a fantastic brew.