Today I'm on the last of my Coffee Collective coffees - Daterra Sweet Collection. Brewed in Aeropress (non-inverted, semi-filter style). Quite nutty and also a more roasty than the bean colour would lead you to expect - would love to try this as an espresso.

This morning: same Hayes Valley blend as in my previous post, but a new cup that I wanted to share. ChiarasMom just got back from a business trip to Barcelona, bearing this Gaudí-themed item:

attachment.php?attachmentid=324

(No, the heat retention's not the same as my other cups. Don't care. Enjoying it anyway. :) )

This morning: same Hayes Valley blend as in my previous post, but a new cup that I wanted to share. ChiarasMom just got back from a business trip to Barcelona, bearing this Gaudí-themed item:

attachment.php?attachmentid=324

(No, the heat retention's not the same as my other cups. Don't care. Enjoying it anyway. :) )

That's got to be one of the funkiest cups I've ever seen having an espresso pulled into it - brilliant!

Thanks for the nice comments on the cup photo!

This morning it's 17 ft ceiling, a 20ml, 70-second shot from a 20g dose. At first I thought, "whoa, really overtightened the grind there, this is going to be awful" but actually it's the best shot of this coffee I've ever pulled, thick and delicious, and henceforth this will be my standard technique for this blend.

I picked up 250g of Monmouth's espresso blend the other day:

We currently use Fazenda Santa Helena (Brasil) as the base of the espresso, adding Alto del Obispo y Sevilla (Colombia) for high notes and complexity and Finca Las Nubes (Guatemala) for cocoa notes

I've been using it in my new Bodum Santos vac pot last couple of days though. Not used one before so got it quite wrong yesterday, tasted pretty weak, but this morning I had a few fruity flavours coming through. My palate isn't very 'developed' though.

This afternoon I am drinking Alt Wiener Gold - from Alt Wien Roasters in Vienna

3 weeks past roast date but still kicking off. Very dark roasted and oozing oils too. I'm using the rest of the bag for my latte art practice as I have much better coffee arriving on Monday

Next up this afternoon (to drink) is one of this years favourites - Kenya Karimikui - this time from James Gourmet. Will be brewing with Hario V60 then a Woodneck