6 hours ago, Chris_on_caffeine said:

How was it?

This one was really nice. Roasted for espresso but could have been a bit darker. 

I am not sure if the harder roast would have taken away some of the softer notes.

I am actually positive surprised how this one was. I tried their entry level Ethiopian espresso last week and it was way too light.

At the moment drinking Slurp rare Ninety Plus Lycello washed Gesha which is very lightly roasted. 

the Gesha village was better 

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’ve tried to ignore this but i can’t anymore.  This forum has a long and deep history of experimenting and telling each other what we did and how we did it. Sometimes we have something to celebrate

Black Cat Chocolate Point helping me with my first recognisable fern latte art. Taken a few weeks but I think I'm starting to get the feel for milk steaming.

That’s an occupational hazard of me dropping in an out. Life is a bit busy here. Notwithstanding water and bridges, I felt it was worth articulating emphatically that this forum is about sharing e

Posted Images

I am waiting for Alexander to start roasting for espresso so I will cancel  the subscription and purchase only espresso roast from Standout coffee in the future 

Cast Iron Coffee's (via Black Mocha, Brighton) 'Bukonzo Dream', Ugandan, natural SL14 & SL28.

Had high hopes after Horsham's remarkable take on it last year but this is really disappointing. Two weeks old when it reached me and already dull so probably shouldn't have frozen it but already had a bag on the go. No idea what went wrong with this but none of the strawberry blast or sugary finish of Horsham's roast and just a bland, sour brew with the occasional hint of sour peach as it cools. Possibly went just a bit too dark? What a shame. May try it as a shot just for the hell of it.

FWIW: the Black Mocha drinking chocolate (70%) that comprised the bulk of this order was delicious! So, chocolate, highly recommended; coffee... not so much.

IMG_0062.thumb.jpeg.a3156655b12570eedfa5a5ef81254d2e.jpeg

Edited by Skizz

Decaf!!! Dog and Hat's christmas decaf offering (I got the full set of 8 coffees to see me through the festivities) one of which is a Colombian from heart and graft, which describes itself as brown sugar and toffee... But actually tastes of Bonfire Toffee, sweet sticky, with that molasses-y hit. I'm assuming everyone knows what bonfire toffee is and it's not another weird Yorkshire tradition? 

• Like 1

Blackcat chocolate point with and without milk and then some hasbeen Christmas blend through a clever dripper

20210109_115137.jpg

20210108_195338.jpg

• Like 1

Way too early for this sh...

Craft House Coffee, Decaf - Guatemala, El Regalito. Quite bitter despite several grind adjustments but really nice as a milk based drink.  Am also having their Ethiopia Kercha and Colombia  El Muro (this was my favourite, smooth and fruity). Sorry, hopeless with computers, can't seem to get my photos the right way round.694525140_IMG_0805(2).JPG.bc647a38415ef5c1297cf3aefa97212a.JPG

Finished off the Guatemala, Huehuetenango from James Gourmet in my new Clever Dripper, with better results than I ever managed with this coffee from the Aeropress. 

Also the Rave fudge blend in the CCD which I really enjoyed. 

These are the best light roast I’ve tried. I’ve spent weeks trying to achieve something like the notes on similar roasts without much success. 

Annoyingly this one was spot on first time so I learned nothing. 

Floral and peach - yeah I would agree. 

24DA0661-2D25-4C3A-B8F6-C1449D296791.thumb.png.c65eb5d25fecc391da10bbb6858f4115.png
What's this app?

I’m enjoying an Ethiopian from @BlackCatCoffee. Often I’m on lighter roasted beans, and it’s nice to have a break sometimes. I to give a break to the lighter stuff a while ago with CoffeeCompass, but sadly it was just too dark for me. This one from BlackCat is perfect, a really nice balanced coffee. 

• Like 1

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

Also at: CoffeeTime Forum & Niche Zero Owners Group

2 hours ago, MediumRoastSteam said:

I’m enjoying an Ethiopian from @BlackCatCoffee. Often I’m on lighter roasted beans, and it’s nice to have a break sometimes. I to give a break to the lighter stuff a while ago with CoffeeCompass, but sadly it was just too dark for me. This one from BlackCat is perfect, a really nice balanced coffee. 

Drinking this right now 😋 

Makes a tasty filter brew with cocoa and gentle blueberry notes. My other half loves this with milk, so an excellent all rounder!

Edited by Stu Beck
  • Like 1

Ahh, not sure 

Im putting water in first then steeping, 

If you've not seen his vid have a nosey, see what you think 

Way too early for this sh...

Craft House coffee decaf - it's a Guatemala coffee, and is very, very good - far better than I expected, and craft house have won me over for decaf. Tasting notes are accurate - chocolate, some orangey acidity and 

I also have a kilo of their industry blend, but for now I'm finishing my third bag of coffee compass mystery mk 13, which is still a delicious, balanced espresso.