I count what's in the server. And welcome to my ignore list. Words are big, but with no evidence (pictures) you just brew words. Post your high extractions. 

I’ve tried to ignore this but i can’t anymore.

This forum has a long and deep history of experimenting and telling each other what we did and how we did it. Sometimes we have something to celebrate, other times it’s a desperate cry for help.

Further, we are very lucky that some properly expert folk hang out here and will happily help and guide regular folk as they journey toward better coffee.

You Sir are being a pillock. That’s an English word that includes being loud, adversarial, of dubious technical validity, and undermining behaviours and values that I think make this forum.

You have been rude and contemptuous of two of the most experienced and helpful people on this forum who have both long ago established their technical bona fides. You have established only that you don’t listen and you don’t learn.

I don’t care what’s on your cup. I invite you to drink elsewhere. Can I suggest with your mate with all the fancy kit.

Bah!

• Like 7

I believe @Zwanger has left the forum so as much as I agree with you I think at this point it's water under the bridge 

That’s an occupational hazard of me dropping in an out. Life is a bit busy here.

Notwithstanding water and bridges, I felt it was worth articulating emphatically that this forum is about sharing experiences and expertise, all done in the spirit of making and helping friends. Friends who have been tremendously kind to me. Just yesterday someone on here selflessly offered to help me get decent coffee to Switzerland. Until very recently, even our trolls have been hysterically funny rather than oppressive.

There really is no place here for playground bullies.

Hmmm... it would appear I am still quite exercised. Apologies all. Time for a brew.
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Been going through bags and bags of Coffee Collective beans (got 8 on order). Damn, all of them are so nice!

I also got few bags of filter/espresso of the same bean and they both still work well with an EK and longer shots.

8be912fe7ca26930188db80e47cad6e0.jpg

I’m sure I’ll be ordering from them again, just maybe not 8 bags at a time...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, filthynines said:

An espresso and flat white (both disappointing) from Cartwheel Coffee. Actually walked from the train station to the shop then back to the train station to catch my train. I won't bother next time!

shame, always enjoyed their coffee at home and in cafe. 

not negating your experience , but everyone has off days or makes stuff that isnt to a person's preference.

Edited by Mrboots2u

3 hours ago, Mrboots2u said:

shame, always enjoyed their coffee at home and in cafe. 

not negating your experience butn ive neverfelt the need to diss people based on one drink from a place, as everyone has off days or makes stuff that isnt to my preference.

Fair comment; everybody else will form their own views. Not my first time there, though I struggle to recall what I thought. There's plenty of positive experiences reported, so people will hopefully balance what I've said against it. 

edit: I've re-read my comment and I do think I went a bit overboard. I've edited it accordingly - perhaps you might like to edit yours to remove the more scathing part of my remark, @Mrboots2u?

Edited by filthynines

1 hour ago, filthynines said:

Fair comment; everybody else will form their own views. Not my first time there, though I struggle to recall what I thought. There's plenty of positive experiences reported, so people will hopefully balance what I've said against it. 

edit: I've re-read my comment and I do think I went a bit overboard. I've edited it accordingly - perhaps you might like to edit yours to remove the more scathing part of my remark, @Mrboots2u?

little but further walk but have you tried the speciality in Nottingham.

again is specialty ,fruity fare,  had roating high quality roasters from all over. guy who owns it , is super friendly.

if you prefer a darker roast 200 degrees might suit. Not for me as tbh as they use a robusta blend. 

Edited by Mrboots2u