Well I completely fixed my "sometimes sour" coffee problems. Sat here buzzing having had a 7 day caffeine fast. All week instead of coffee I have been having hot chocolate. The expensive stuff + a tiny bit of water. Make a paste, then steam whole milk using the Gaggia (which sucks for steaming btw, not enough capacity really for >300ml of milk) and pour that in on top...mmmmmm

Then today I started a new supplement regime - lion's mane, reishi, niacin, and I heard caffeine is a good stack so coffee time. Using these:

https://unionroasted.com/collections/all/products/bobolink-brazil

Which I bought from Waitrose a month ago. Never managed to nail a consistent shot (I have a double espresso in my lattes) but combining my coffee with 1 teaspoon of Twinnings Premium Hot Chocolate to make a Mocha? MMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMM

• Like 1

To avoid gatecrashing Joeys La Pavoni thread, I’ll put this here[emoji23]

It might be my imagination but I’m enjoying these North Star- The Docks beans so much more on this machine than my DTP- not to say that isn’t a great machine too.

Every shot I pull I can’t help but grin!
http://

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I stunning Ethiopian on filter from Origin cafe in Porthleven Cornwall. Ethiopian KOKE Honey.

Really clean tropical and berries. A great example of staff and roasters knowing exactly what they’re doing.

Well worth a visit.
ad28205ac6c920f6e1f0b23ce5eeca0b.jpg
16ba35e2b51643ac344db6b0959b1354.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The new forum has scared me off. 

I have had lots of nice coffees of late. 

Crank house PNG is a lovely espresso. 

Hakunin is I think the name of anew enough Roaster from which I got 3  bags. All winners, especially a Myanmar as a pourover. 

Busting out the behmor tomorrow too 

• Like 1

On 23 May 2019 at 15:38, MildredM said:

Yummy beans fresh out the freezer from Dog &  morning. Light and fruity - and very enjoyable.

15.4g/45s/32g worked as espresso and as a f/w.

https://dogandhat.co.uk/products/plot-roasting-peru

Thanks to @DogandHat for sending these as part of my prize winnings!

C17D7830-93E5-47B8-915F-B692F72E0A2D.jpeg

Same here.  I had forgotten I had these in the freezer but pulled them out and started them this morning.  First shot was a bit quick but cherry, cherry and more cherry which is fine by me.  Will try for a bit more chocolate and caramel next time.

• Like 1

This stuff is hilariously good, I was looking for something with a little more roast development whilst still being light and knew James Gourmet would fit the bill - my girlfriend pretty much poo poos anything that isn’t a natural coffee and this is what I saw on the shop - an Indian coffee ??.

being a James gourmet espresso it’s really easy to dial in, cos once you push it too far you get a bit of roastiness, so I’ve just sat it at 1:3 and slowly come down from 34s to 23s as it gets older - did I say it’s sweet, coz it’s really sweet - I wouldn’t say strawberry like on the packet -  just sweet.

92F205C7-771A-4F3B-A1C1-6C26B98F4DF3.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This stuff is hilariously good, I was looking for something with a little more roast development whilst still being light and knew James Gourmet would fit the bill - my girlfriend pretty much poo poos anything that isn’t a natural coffee and this is what I saw on the shop - an Indian coffee [emoji102][emoji102].
being a James gourmet espresso it’s really easy to dial in, cos once you push it too far you get a bit of roastiness, so I’ve just sat it at 1:3 and slowly come down from 34s to 23s as it gets older - did I say it’s sweet, coz it’s really sweet - I wouldn’t say strawberry like on the packet -  just sweet.
92F205C7-771A-4F3B-A1C1-6C26B98F4DF3.thumb.jpeg.a5b45b4adc0314e2b272bc16e6eddae0.jpeg
James' is local to me and one of my go to roasters. Peter is a proper gent too. Will always show you around and let you try out a few coffees in his fantastic set up out the back if you show enough interest.
  • Like 1

Good morning, folks! My colleague convinced me to try this coffee with milk. I think it was Caprissimo Belgique. I usually do not drink milk coffees and I make rare exceptions when I drink it but this one was definitely worth a try. 

In the office we have quite old Delonghi coffee machine but it still prepares awesome coffee. :) 

1559637174566.JPEG

• Like 1

North Star Rwanda Huya Mountain here. 

15.4g/48s/35g produced a cup of natural deliciousness. It says in the label macerated strawberries, peach, grape and blueberry. To me it tasted summer fruity, light and with just the right amount of sweetness. 

• Like 2

Well today I got my V60 going using Horsham Coffee's 'Rwanda - Liza Thick Natural' with the Scott Rao method (see below for pictures)

Medium grind (setting 22 on Comandante C40), ran through in about 2mins 30secs.  So perhaps need to grind a bit finer next time.

Still very tastie, lovely smooth brew.

Gareth

coffee 1.jpg

coffee 2.jpg

coffee 3.jpg

• Like 2

On 04/06/2019 at 08:04, Planter said:
On 04/06/2019 at 07:21, robashton said:
This stuff is hilariously good, I was looking for something with a little more roast development whilst still being light and knew James Gourmet would fit the bill - my girlfriend pretty much poo poos anything that isn’t a natural coffee and this is what I saw on the shop - an Indian coffee emoji102.pngemoji102.png.
92F205C7-771A-4F3B-A1C1-6C26B98F4DF3.thumb.jpeg.a5b45b4adc0314e2b272bc16e6eddae0.jpeg

James' is local to me and one of my go to roasters. Peter is a proper gent too. Will always show you around and let you try out a few coffees in his fantastic set up out the back if you show enough interest.

Yes indeed, JG was a staple for me last time I was doing coffee with any level of seriousness - I knew that if he’d ordered an Indian coffee that it was going to be worth a punt on (I can say that for maybe 3-4 roasteries in the UK only!)

• Like 1

Yes indeed, JG was a staple for me last time I was doing coffee with any level of seriousness - I knew that if he’d ordered an Indian coffee that it was going to be worth a punt on (I can say that for maybe 3-4 roasteries in the UK only!)
Totally agree. Never had a bad cup from his picks.

IMG_20190606_105327.thumb.jpg.c9cb147aabd2c0ee49aa4e69989e4117.jpg

I've been roasting several microlots from Cameroon lately. Got them from Coffee Quest in Amsterdam. This one is so clean you'd never guess it was a natural. Light bodied, tea like with a juicy lime acidity and just a hint of chocolate. Kind of Yirg like if you were looking for a comparison. Varietals are Java and typica. 

It's a very interesting origin. Well worth a try if you can find it. Most of the coffee from Cameroon is lower grade but the Boyo area has had some recent investment in training and infrastructure. Coffee was brought here from Indonesia by the Dutch hence the Java and typica varietals are prevalent.

• Like 3

Not sure I get the rum and raisin but a slightly different cup to the normal natural ethiopians. Espresso - Raspberry acidity for sure , then something sweet and deep rich at the end to take it off the normal route .

Roaster - cloud picker. 

IMG_20190606_100210.jpg

IMG_20190606_110225.jpg

• Like 4