I’m enjoying an Ethiopian from @BlackCatCoffee. Often I’m on lighter roasted beans, and it’s nice to have a break sometimes. I to give a break to the lighter stuff a while ago with CoffeeCompass, but sadly it was just too dark for me. This one from BlackCat is perfect, a really nice balanced coffee. 

• Like 1

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

Also at: CoffeeTime Forum & Niche Zero Owners Group

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’ve tried to ignore this but i can’t anymore.  This forum has a long and deep history of experimenting and telling each other what we did and how we did it. Sometimes we have something to celebrate

Black Cat Chocolate Point helping me with my first recognisable fern latte art. Taken a few weeks but I think I'm starting to get the feel for milk steaming.

That’s an occupational hazard of me dropping in an out. Life is a bit busy here. Notwithstanding water and bridges, I felt it was worth articulating emphatically that this forum is about sharing e

Posted Images

2 hours ago, MediumRoastSteam said:

I’m enjoying an Ethiopian from @BlackCatCoffee. Often I’m on lighter roasted beans, and it’s nice to have a break sometimes. I to give a break to the lighter stuff a while ago with CoffeeCompass, but sadly it was just too dark for me. This one from BlackCat is perfect, a really nice balanced coffee. 

Drinking this right now 😋 

Makes a tasty filter brew with cocoa and gentle blueberry notes. My other half loves this with milk, so an excellent all rounder!

Edited by Stu Beck
  • Like 1

Craft House coffee decaf - it's a Guatemala coffee, and is very, very good - far better than I expected, and craft house have won me over for decaf. Tasting notes are accurate - chocolate, some orangey acidity and 

I also have a kilo of their industry blend, but for now I'm finishing my third bag of coffee compass mystery mk 13, which is still a delicious, balanced espresso. 

Drinking this right now  
Makes a tasty filter brew with cocoa and gentle blueberry notes. My other half loves this with milk, so an excellent all rounder!

I have a bag of this to open in a while, really looking forward to it
  • Like 1
On 07/01/2021 at 20:19, Kimmo said:

I am waiting for Alexander to start roasting for espresso so I will cancel  the subscription and purchase only espresso roast from Standout coffee in the future 

You've got too much cash!

I always seem to go back to Origin Coffee Roaster and have never had one I didn't enjoy. Tried out San Antonio this morning on my Pavoni, really nice but could just do with more strength in the cup. After reading about brewing ratios and not changing anything until you really like the taste, do you think I should grind finer or shorten the shot? I like the taste but just want it to be more punchy. I did 15g in with 30g out in about 34seconds (preinfused for about 10 seconds, not included in the 34 seconds). I slowly build pressure up to between 8 -9 bars and then gradually decline. Any thoughts would be great thanks.

Coming towards the end of my Colombian Finca La Cristalina from North Star. Conjures up a nice brew in the cup with big rum (sometimes rum and raisin) flavours on the first sip closely followed by a cola aftertaste. So, a bit like rum and Coke in a mug, but without the loss of inhibitions.

I haven't picked up on any blueberry flavours - as per the tasting notes - and suspect these were masked by the big rum flavours. Also, I have to point out that it wasn't until 7/8 days that the flavours really kicked it. They tasted a little diluted before that, so well worth waiting.

Been making it as a filter through a V60, but did a few with the aeropress too which really upped the booziness of the rum. Might try a Clever Dripper with it later today for an experiment - mostly because I'm bored...

20210108_120331.jpg

Edited by winterlight
  • Like 1

Coaltown’s Pit Prop in a Cortado, finding it difficult to get this right as espresso, but just a bit of milk makes it shine, as either this or a Macchiato and then the tasting notes seem to come right out at you, very more-ish!😋

1 hour ago, Cuprajake said:

IMG_20210117_093227_832.thumb.jpg.6ad6ce9b517db5092db8e695ab61d180.jpg

I'm trying Red Brick for the first time this morning. It's taken me a while to get around to it. A reaction to all the hype or whatever, but I have to admit it is very good... and I've not even dialed it in properly yet.

Coffeelink’s Rwanda Lake Kivu for me today. Expresso tastes lovely but not got it working with milk yet, the nice flavours of the expresso get lost and I’m left with a slightly rough taste of coffee.

Blue cup was extracted at slightly higher temperature.

23470EE9-14C5-40C0-A099-DE46978F2BDF.thumb.jpeg.1ddde617c3636494c8ec747e30b3b720.jpeg2ED4D878-5F45-4C7B-9385-A62A9CFF7D55.thumb.jpeg.89d7c79b1ccb174677d415ac48b64ee8.jpeg

3 hours ago, AdG said:

Coffeelink’s Rwanda Lake Kivu for me today. Expresso tastes lovely but not got it working with milk yet, the nice flavours of the expresso get lost and I’m left with a slightly rough taste of coffee.

Blue cup was extracted at slightly higher temperature.

23470EE9-14C5-40C0-A099-DE46978F2BDF.thumb.jpeg.1ddde617c3636494c8ec747e30b3b720.jpeg2ED4D878-5F45-4C7B-9385-A62A9CFF7D55.thumb.jpeg.89d7c79b1ccb174677d415ac48b64ee8.jpeg

I am currently drinking the same. Roasted on 4th. Well rested.

What is your ratio. I find 18gr in 40 out tastes lovely in 150ml milk. 

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, Inspector said:

I am currently drinking the same. Roasted on 4th. Well rested.

What is your ratio. I find 18gr in 40 out tastes lovely in 150ml milk. 

I’m currently on 1:3 so 16gr in 48 out, which tastes great as expresso but not with the milk. My flat white cups are around 170ml so similar amount of milk. My wife likes it as a latte so perhaps it is just not for me.

My basket should go to 18g but 16g works better, need to get a larger one ordered. I’ll try dropping the ratio down and see if that improves it.

• Like 1