I'll bet that's the Rawandan not the Limu ;)

Doh!!!!

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical, MAX Flat on order  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely husband 

El Paraiso, Colombia, Anaerobic fermentation, washed

Take a bow Dave at Crankhouse.

Until now I'd never heard of Anaerobic fermentation. I will now be on the lookout for it.

For me it tastes rather like a clean natural.

Tasting notes are Sweet wild strawberry, mandarin and lemon verbanda,

I couldn't argue with that.

My recipe is 18.5g into 42 over 30 seconds at 93 degrees.

This bean is suited to my palate perfectly and I strongly recommend anyone looking for a coffee to try to buy some of these. Utterly delicious.

Until now I'd never heard of Anaerobic fermentation. I will now be on the lookout for it.

This bean is suited to my palate perfectly and I strongly recommend anyone looking for a coffee to try to buy some of these. Utterly delicious.

I really wish I hadn't just ordered my next batch now... Lemon verbena is one of my favourite flavours. Hopefully they won't run out.

Spro === Compak E8 Redspeed / OE Pharos ---> The Rising Force Tamper ---> LR (IMS 35um + VST 18g) / Cafelat Robot Filter === OE Apex / OE Lido 3 ---> v60 (chemex papers) / Able brewing system / Aeropress Water === Osmio Zero

Posted (edited)

La Cabra had a Ehtiopian one , i had it brewed at a cafe In Nottingham .

Was stonking.

Re The Crankhouse , was fab on filter for me, was a bit too wild on espresso for my palate.

Although I can't find this now on website , perhaps i imagined it ...

Edited by Mrboots2u

I write a blog, it's nothing to do with coffee ...

https://rjwinc.wordpress.com

Instagram - rjw_inc

8603e0b260d4693d8677a7727916d252.jpg

A cracking natural Costa Rican microlot from crafthouse from my freezer archives. Tons of blueberry and strawberry and hints of chocolate.

Beans>Grinders>Machines

Celebrating getting all my equipment going again by pulling the Talor & Jorgen (RIP) Candy and Pixie Dust out of the freezer and wanging a shot through of that.

19g to 56 in 23s for a whopping EY of 23%, it's hard to believe somebody hasn't just pulped a pile of strawberries and microwaved them into the cup, ooft.

Tame Barista @ http://tamebaristas.com

Bought this off the back of @PPapa post a few weeks back. I got lucky and got it almost spot on with my first shot!

Had a relatively fine grind with the Niche...

I have to say, this is one of, if not the tastiest espresso I’ve ever had! But I am a bit of a natural fan.

1cfea9629aae2c9221e15de9b9072f40.jpg

Pre-millennium La Pavoni, Sage Duo Temp Pro, Niche Zero

Aergrind + Aeropress for travelling

Latte made in my Delonghi all in one machine. Coffee Masters Super Crema Espresso Beans. (Best one I've used to date but would welcome suggestions please) RO filtered water. Semi skimmed filtered milk. mmmmmmm !

First go with this. Sweet, somewhat juicy, very floral. A touch under, but I'd brewed at quite a low temp which I don't think this favoured so a simple adjustment for next time.39aaa12f9b253b55111287b59f8bedb4.jpg

On 15/05/2019 at 14:55, paul whu said:

I am a novice, very traditional dark roast espresso type of guy, but your rec. and the back story for this one really got me intrigued. I just pulled my first shot on your recipe - holy heck! I have never had anything like that before....pink grapefruit explosion for me, really like their description of a 'handful of starburst'. Look forward to trying more and experimenting with it....thanks for the rec.

• Like 1

Caballero Java from Honduras roasted by Tim Wendelboe

Bought this on my recent trip to Oslo, two brews today using Origami dripper and Kalita papers. 

Earlier I was brewing this coffee with RO water (35ppm TDS) and thought it was tasting quite dry but after changing to a harder bottled water it's tasting a lot better. It's quite annoying how much difference water makes sometimes.

#11 on the EK43 S, 15g in, 40g bloom, fill to 120g at :30 and fill to 250g at 1:00, both brews ended up at almost identical EY (~18%). 

Getting lots of milk chocolate, very nice.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Celebrated upgrading my brew grinder to C40 MkIII from Porlex by brewing Costa Rica Geisha in V60-01. Approx 14.5g in, 30sec bloom, 3:00 total time to 220g out with water slightly below 90 degrees

This honey-processed coffee from Finca Las Palomas is roasted by CoffeePirates Vienna, it is not very fresh any more but I'm glad I set some of it aside for a decent grinder (invested in my espresso equipment before..) - wow, such an improvement in brew quality, such a clear complex cup whereas it was nothing but bitter and boring before. Interesting mix of herbs, stone fruit (plum?), oolong tea. Beautiful when cooled down.

I will try to brew the next cup longer and hotter to get some more sweetness. This is also my first post here so wanted to say hi :)

2nd cup of the day was Honduras Comsa natural as espresso.

Edited by apogrebennyk
first post

Posted (edited)

This week, I've been mostly drinking.... North Star's wonderful Ethiopian Boji.

They say it's one of the best Ethiopians they've tried. They've probably tried a lot more than me but it's certainly the best I've tried. I rarely get hit by the flavours that are listed on the tasting notes but this one was bang on. I found it required a grind less fine than a lot of SOs from this region to get the best, but I find coarser grinds easier to dial in and so got the best (I can) out of it pretty quickly. It really does taste of Apricot with a long aftertaste of black tea.

Settled on 18g in to 36-8g out in around 30-35 seconds. Any other recommendations very welcome.

Yum!

IMG_8728.jpg

Edited by mission701
  • Like 1

Expobar G10 2 Gr Compact - Mahlkonig Vario - Torr Toys GF 58.55 Sharp Edge - Moccamaster KBG 741 - FrancisFrancis X1 - V60

Just a heads-up... The Oro blend from Lavazza is on offer in Tesco. I must say that among all the supermarket brands I have tried so far, this is the most superior one. It is just sweet and inviting like nectar with just the hint of sophisticated acidity and a superlative finish. I can't say anything more. Normally costs a pricey £5 but now £3. I thought I will share this here. 

profiling oro in strada.jpg

oro offer lavazza.jpg

• Like 1

Yummy beans fresh out the freezer from Dog &  morning. Light and fruity - and very enjoyable.

15.4g/45s/32g worked as espresso and as a f/w.

https://dogandhat.co.uk/products/plot-roasting-peru

Thanks to @DogandHat for sending these as part of my prize winnings!

C17D7830-93E5-47B8-915F-B692F72E0A2D.jpeg

• Like 2

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical, MAX Flat on order  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely husband 

Got this while in Italy and its very good, strong taste with a good crema

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

e195bff07c2adeef0535e2bc3cee9b4c.jpg

• Like 2

Well I completely fixed my "sometimes sour" coffee problems. Sat here buzzing having had a 7 day caffeine fast. All week instead of coffee I have been having hot chocolate. The expensive stuff + a tiny bit of water. Make a paste, then steam whole milk using the Gaggia (which sucks for steaming btw, not enough capacity really for >300ml of milk) and pour that in on top...mmmmmm

Then today I started a new supplement regime - lion's mane, reishi, niacin, and I heard caffeine is a good stack so coffee time. Using these:

https://unionroasted.com/collections/all/products/bobolink-brazil

Which I bought from Waitrose a month ago. Never managed to nail a consistent shot (I have a double espresso in my lattes) but combining my coffee with 1 teaspoon of Twinnings Premium Hot Chocolate to make a Mocha? MMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMM

• Like 1

To avoid gatecrashing Joeys La Pavoni thread, I’ll put this here

It might be my imagination but I’m enjoying these North Star- The Docks beans so much more on this machine than my DTP- not to say that isn’t a great machine too.

Every shot I pull I can’t help but grin!
http://

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Pre-millennium La Pavoni, Sage Duo Temp Pro, Niche Zero

Aergrind + Aeropress for travelling

I stunning Ethiopian on filter from Origin cafe in Porthleven Cornwall. Ethiopian KOKE Honey.

Really clean tropical and berries. A great example of staff and roasters knowing exactly what they’re doing.

Well worth a visit.
ad28205ac6c920f6e1f0b23ce5eeca0b.jpg
16ba35e2b51643ac344db6b0959b1354.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sage DB; Mazzer Major; VST 15g, 18g & 20g Baskets;TORR Trapez & Perger Tamper

My first double shot with pressurised basket on DTP, beans are “Bird and Wild” Espresso blend medium to dark roast and very tasty indeed, almost same as with the normal basket. 

67D2F733-05C9-4ED9-8870-3EDE1794693B.jpeg

The new forum has scared me off. 

I have had lots of nice coffees of late. 

Crank house PNG is a lovely espresso. 

Hakunin is I think the name of anew enough Roaster from which I got 3  bags. All winners, especially a Myanmar as a pourover. 

Busting out the behmor tomorrow too 

• Like 1

On 23 May 2019 at 15:38, MildredM said:

Yummy beans fresh out the freezer from Dog &  morning. Light and fruity - and very enjoyable.

15.4g/45s/32g worked as espresso and as a f/w.

https://dogandhat.co.uk/products/plot-roasting-peru

Thanks to @DogandHat for sending these as part of my prize winnings!

C17D7830-93E5-47B8-915F-B692F72E0A2D.jpeg

Same here.  I had forgotten I had these in the freezer but pulled them out and started them this morning.  First shot was a bit quick but cherry, cherry and more cherry which is fine by me.  Will try for a bit more chocolate and caramel next time.

• Like 1

Gaggia Classic (2006), Eureka Mignon MK2

This stuff is hilariously good, I was looking for something with a little more roast development whilst still being light and knew James Gourmet would fit the bill - my girlfriend pretty much poo poos anything that isn’t a natural coffee and this is what I saw on the shop - an Indian coffee 👀👀.

being a James gourmet espresso it’s really easy to dial in, cos once you push it too far you get a bit of roastiness, so I’ve just sat it at 1:3 and slowly come down from 34s to 23s as it gets older - did I say it’s sweet, coz it’s really sweet - I wouldn’t say strawberry like on the packet -  just sweet.

92F205C7-771A-4F3B-A1C1-6C26B98F4DF3.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tame Barista @ http://tamebaristas.com

This stuff is hilariously good, I was looking for something with a little more roast development whilst still being light and knew James Gourmet would fit the bill - my girlfriend pretty much poo poos anything that isn’t a natural coffee and this is what I saw on the shop - an Indian coffee .
being a James gourmet espresso it’s really easy to dial in, cos once you push it too far you get a bit of roastiness, so I’ve just sat it at 1:3 and slowly come down from 34s to 23s as it gets older - did I say it’s sweet, coz it’s really sweet - I wouldn’t say strawberry like on the packet -  just sweet.
92F205C7-771A-4F3B-A1C1-6C26B98F4DF3.thumb.jpeg.a5b45b4adc0314e2b272bc16e6eddae0.jpeg
James' is local to me and one of my go to roasters. Peter is a proper gent too. Will always show you around and let you try out a few coffees in his fantastic set up out the back if you show enough interest.
  • Like 1

Machine - Currently a Londinium R. Grinder - Niche. Tamper/distributor - Puqpress and Pullman Distribution and Big Step Palm Tamper.