this was listed as "espresso roast" so they probably just wanted people to try out

the other sample was a nice light filter roast

The peculiarity of espresso beverage is the simultaneous presence of three dispersed phases coexisting within a matrix, namely a concentrated solution of salts, acids, sugars, caffeine and many other hydrophilic substances. These phases are: an emulsion of oil droplets, a suspension of solid particles and an effervescence of gas bubbles, which evolves into a foam.

MildredM's towels, joey24dirt's tamper, Norvin's dosing ring, Portaspresso Rossa PG Air and HC-P, Kinu M68, Feld47 travel, Aergrind, Bellman steamer, IMS baskets, Hario Syphon TC3, Java Maestro dripper, Chemex, French press, Gnali & Zani moka pot, Bonavita kettle & scales, BWT Bestmax Premium

Had a nice fruity number earlier. Finca Las Moras Malbec.. erm.. not one I’d add milk to :whistle:

Thought I'd mention it because I thought it sounded like an S.O. ;)

Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3 + Mahlkonig EK43 Turkish burrs + Niche

Output: KVdW Speedster + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

Forum just killed a big long post.

Hasbean.

Finca las brumas washed gesha. Ok, not great compared to expectations. Clean.

Puente tarrazu finca el potrero washed gesha. Cleaner, floral, sweeter, a much nicer coffee. Will be on sale on hasbean soon, potentially worth checking out.

Copy and paste for the details.

Kaffebox Advent Day 4

Specialty Coffee Advent Calendar - 2018

Dec 4

Elida Estate

Producer: Wilford Lamastus

Origin: Alto Quiel, Boquete, Panama

Roaster: Langøra Kaffebrenneri

Cultivar: Catuaí

Process: Natural

One espresso at 7.15, 18-> 40 in a little too fast

The type of funky but not 'boozy' natural fruit bomb that is increasingly out of fashion. I am really looking forward to a second go at this this evening, and a 1 cup V60 to round it off.

Interesting tasty and fun

Sq. Mile Red brick, 9 days after roasting, great crema and excellent taste

[ATTACH=CONFIG]37794[/ATTACH]

Edited by Stanic

The peculiarity of espresso beverage is the simultaneous presence of three dispersed phases coexisting within a matrix, namely a concentrated solution of salts, acids, sugars, caffeine and many other hydrophilic substances. These phases are: an emulsion of oil droplets, a suspension of solid particles and an effervescence of gas bubbles, which evolves into a foam.

MildredM's towels, joey24dirt's tamper, Norvin's dosing ring, Portaspresso Rossa PG Air and HC-P, Kinu M68, Feld47 travel, Aergrind, Bellman steamer, IMS baskets, Hario Syphon TC3, Java Maestro dripper, Chemex, French press, Gnali & Zani moka pot, Bonavita kettle & scales, BWT Bestmax Premium

cf8a3ecd4bf32d95171d48ab87c2847d.jpg

Thick and gloopy - it's like pudding!

15g/40s/33g

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / part-time LSOL participant / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely husband / 

What did you make of the "blue raspberry" taste descriptor? Sounds a little strange.

Less of a caffeine kick? Laurina is said to be naturally low in caffeine.

I've got some of the washed version to roast.

What did you make of the "blue raspberry" taste descriptor? Sounds a little strange.

Less of a caffeine kick? Laurina is said to be naturally low in caffeine.

I've got some of the washed version to roast.

It reminded me of very tasty raspberries. Not sure about the caffeine though, I didn’t feel any different to my usual bouncy self after a couple of shots!

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / part-time LSOL participant / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely husband / 

Saying goodbye to two African beans I've really enjoyed over the past few months. I got these greens from Coffee Compass and are still available.

V60 of Tanzania Tarame natural (bourbon I think, not specified): boozy, sweet with a chocolate & raisin Cadbury's fruit and nut vibe. Some yellow plum. Mild acidity.

Immersion of Ethiopian Kochere Yirg (washed indigenous varietals G1): silky soft brown sugar sweetness with peach (low acidity on this roast) and bergamot.

Delicious both.

April, December sub - Finca Limoncillo yellow Pacamara petite, natural - Passion fruit, plenty of passion fruit. Occasional hints of maybe mango & lemon. Juicy & delicious.

“Coffee evokes the most insane reactions in people”, Rene Redzepi.

https://markwjburness.wordpress.com/

[ATTACH=CONFIG]37901[/ATTACH]

Batch brew of cat and cloud's the answer blend.

A nice coffee and pastry to start a day. The ambiance helped.

Looks interesting. Happy birthday f9

___

Eat, drink and be merry

Rocket R58Ceado E37SAeropressAerGrind • Puck Puck cold brew widget • VST 18g basket • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 convex black Ti/walnut tamper • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 flat sharp edge tamper • Big bag o' beans • Triumph Street Triple 675R

This, purchased in Rome over the weekend. Delicious. Possibly most expensive bag I have ever bought - but did I mention it’s my birthday?!

Where abouts in Rome? I'll go there soon :)

April - Finca Limoncillo, Yellow Pacamara Petite. Brewed using V60 and a rather coarse grind, #14 EK43 S (6 o'clock)

15g dose, 6 pulses of 40g each 30 sec apart for a total 240g.

Ended up at 19.5% EY and really delicious and clean with notes of passionfruit and cherries.

Sadly coming to the end of 250g of Dimtu Tero from Colonna Coffee.

18.5g in to c.40g out at 93c, 15s preinfusion and a declining pressure profile gives a sweet long drink that, I kid you not, smells of Christmas pudding with a splash of brandy.

I know nothing about this bean because it was free with a Black Friday early Chrimble present to myself from Clockwork Espresso (their Push tamper) but it’s ruddy marvellous.

Went to buy some more direct from Colonna but they’re not offering it anymore. Anyone have any recommendations from their current offerings?

Espresso: Ceado E92 (modified for single dose); Vesuvius; VST baskets and refractometer.

Other: Aeropress, Sowden and Alessi Moka Pot; Mazzer Robur doser with Auber timer; Mazzer Mini E; Expobar Leva Dual Boiler

Foundry’s RM is an absolute joy! 15g/35s/34g dark chocolate, not overly sweet, fruity. Yummy! [IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181212/f1aa224246cd422e5fb5ed475c5eb6dd.jpg[/IMG] @joey24dirt just a pity you don’t live round the corner. The marmalade stash is diminishing fast :)

[quote name='MildredM']Foundry’s RM is an absolute joy! 15g/35s/34g dark chocolate, not overly sweet, fruity. Yummy! [IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181212/f1aa224246cd422e5fb5ed475c5eb6dd.jpg[/IMG] @joey24dirt just a pity you don’t live round the corner. The marmalade stash is diminishing fast :)[/QUOTE] It’s only two hours

Home - Nuova Simonelli MAC2000 V, La Pavoni, Compak e8, Niche Zero, IMS & VST baskets, IMS shower screen, skateboard torr, MildredM bar towels

@SkateReclaimCreate

Still trying to find the sweet spot for extract roasters strong woman blend.....it's quite fruity but rides a narrow ridge between too acidic/sour and bitter.

Have ordered some more compass jampit hit as a reaction

Gaggia Classic Chrome - Mignon Specialita 55