Just pulled 18-20-50 and it's much smoother. Strange one as you seem to be suggesting shorter rather than longer - although we're comparing espresso with ristretto so apples and oranges really.

I'm down to the last shot now so probably won't get a chance to try your suggestion... Although I do have another bag on order...

Not so much apples to oranges, you're likely killing the extraction before you're getting into sharp/acidic territory - perhaps more like the same fruit but finding a tasty spot before it's perfectly ripe? If you ground a little coarser & ran the shot for a heavier yield, like Risky, then you may be able to get past any sharpness at a higher extraction yield...if you wanted to, that is.

Take the portafilter spring out.

Just before pulling a shot turn the basket 180 degrees and see if the dead spot moves

As always Mr. Dyke you are correct. Tried dosing into a glass first then into the basket and the dead spot moved to the centre so it's obviously my doing. Guess I'll need to experiment to find something that works.

Has Bean - Tanzanian Selian Natural Blue Mountain

My brain can not compute this coffee .....

:)

Have just opened some of this to see what it's like.. what recipe did you go with? Messed about with a few recipes and got a lovely shot at 18.4 - 50 in about 35 secs. Was bonkers in milk! First time I've had a coffee taste like milkshake!!

Have just opened some of this to see what it's like.. what recipe did you go with? Messed about with a few recipes and got a lovely shot at 18.4 - 50 in about 35 secs. Was bonkers in milk! First time I've had a coffee taste like milkshake!!

My recipe will reflect the ek grinder and low pressure profile, So will differ drastically... But I'm always as 1:2.5 ish so your not far off.

My recipe will reflect the ek grinder and low pressure profile, So will differ drastically... But I'm always as 1:2.5 ish so your not far off.

Thanks. I seem to be getting a lot closer to 2.5 as a baseline rather than 2 which usually seems to be a little sour. Not sure the bean is really to my taste but it's all experience at the moment! !

2 hours of cold brewing?? :/ Or hibiscus infusion?

2 hours with cold water and the hibiscus she's using.

Anyway today I've had

--

Natural bourbon from Finca Petrona - bit too much for me as my first spro in weeks so now washed bourbon instead - 37s pours, keeping it sweet and deep.

Also stuck Avenue's Kenyan through the behmor, didn't like it. didn't drink it.

I've drank too much coffee today, oops.

Hasbean Nicaraguan Finca Limoncillo Natural 'Elegant' Red Pacamara. First attempt was too fast. About 20 seconds but was still not too bad as I sipped the espresso to test it. Added milk for a flat white and made it very yummy. Very creamy and tasted like sticky fruit, more dates than strawberries. Have adjusted grind finer in search of a longer pour and strawberries. Perhaps bump brew temp up a degree as well.

Coffee. Because sarcastic humour is wrong. 

Foundry Guatemala Finca el Amate. first shot 17.5-45 in 50 secs! experimenting with longer pours (for me!) and tighter grinds. Enjoyed this pour will see what its like backed off a little. Nice strength and flavours but no sourness or negative acidity. I get a bit of the salted caramel and white grape acidity, but none of which get in the way of the taste of Coffee :)

Had a few shots of Monsoon Malabar care of @Syenitic and his home-roast skills. Have to say I ground a little too fine, so was a bit of work on the old lever but was very nice. Definitely different to what I've got in my cupboard at the minute.

Going to make some Dark Arts cold brew for a change (easy coffee for work, just add hot water :) )

Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3  + Customised Mazzer Major + Niche

Output: Slayer One Group + La Pavoni + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

Glad you received it, from memory might have been a bit light so a little acidic?. Personally I prefer the other one (was cuba yes?)...as a 50/50 milk based flat white. but that is what makes us all different in what we appreciate..no rights no wrongs....go with what you like I reckon.

And now the natural red bourbon from finca san petrona, 17g -> 45g shot in 45s, keeping the brightness away and enjoying thick gooey chocolate. Is this wrong?

If it tastes good its never wrong.

I'm saying that while enjoying the Costa Rica El Pilon brewed for 35s on the aeropress, which is incredible