The previous shot was 42g in 33s and I loosened up a bit because it tasted a bit "weird"

I've recently just been aiming for 45-48g in 25s ala jeebsy but this one needed something else cos it was way too bright at that ratio.

With the pacamara I think I appreciated the higher volume and lower TDS because it allowed the complexity to be enjoyed maybe? This bean isn't overly complicated, it's just a classic sweet ethiopian and a lower volume/ higher TDS works?

Still learning...

Makes sense - so if you're at a high EY which tastes weird, that same EY might work better with a lower strength (It's okay, I've read the boffin thread so I know our terms!)

The packet recommends a brew ratio of 80%, which to my mind would mean pulling 25g in 30s from 18g or something daft like that. Obviously that's a big pile of nope.

Rave's Monsoon Malabar - I've had a couple of Monsoon Malabar's before and this is a lot better :-D. I'm really enjoying it as espresso and in milk. I thought it might be past it's best coming up to a month old but I'm very happy with it. I'll definitely be giving this a bash again

Makes sense - so if you're at a high EY which tastes weird, that same EY might work better with a lower strength (It's okay, I've read the boffin thread so I know our terms!)

The packet recommends a brew ratio of 80%, which to my mind would mean pulling 25g in 30s from 18g or something daft like that. Obviously that's a big pile of nope.

It's preference ..there are some strengths of espresso that are harder for me to process taste off...

Yeah brew recipes from rosters of your lucky work to cafe equipment ( 18-19 ey dumped in milk ground by a robur )

Even Avenue down my road is serving it at 40g from 18g, the K30 does a good job of it although they lose a lot of the character pulling so long on their gear.

I'm hoping that they realise that their espresso roast is ... really roasty from the fact that they're able to do this with somebody elses coffee (usually they're a classic 18/30 keep the EY low so you don't get the roasty flavours - blegh)

Speaking of darkish roasts I'm on some Papercup and just went for a high extraction on the aeropress and there are very minimal roasty notes, just sweetness and toffee.

This Colombian (washed caturra) is a really nice ordinary coffee - I'd serve this to my parents and they'd think it was *amazing*.

Going to make some EKSpresso with it, it might actually work out for a change. (Which is nice, a coffee roasted locally that I'd want to drink - huzzah!)

Tanzania Tweega again

17g>35g>28secs

Getting into the right zone but still a tad roasty. Wasn't listed or does it look particularly dark in roast but it sure tastes that way.

Was listed as follows but no roasting detail.

At cupping, this Tanzanian holds zesty tangerine citrus with black cherry, plums and chocolates with the sweetness of molasses. A great coffee for cafetiere, filter or espresso.

Sounded an exciting bean but reckon they have taken the roast a bit hefty for me, shame.

Still I'll try in work tomorrow as a brew and if still roasty that'll confirm it and do a cortado in the morning before leaving also to see how it cuts with the savior that is milk and being the lighter side of dark may well be the way for me to use this one.

The other two beans I have had from them I loved, this one I may yet in a cortado, I'll try a 5oz cappa too but for what looked like an exciting bean their choice of roast for it has probably ruled it out as a spro and my tastes but not those who favour the darkness.......

I've now got a cup of the Mexican from Papercup and another of those Has Bean Costa Rica's brewing.

Yes - I'm in the mood to drink some coffee.

That Mexican is dark, too dark for me to enjoy it as anything other than an Aeropress but fuuuuuuu it's so boozy. It smells like brandy, apricot brandy. I think I actually like it.

Tanzania Tweega

17.5g>31.2g>26secs (2oz 'cortado?')

Surprisingly in the milk a satsuma type acid came through in a nice way. I say surprising as only got a muted red fruit behind roasty in a spro. I did cut back the finished pour weight in comparison to the 1:2 ratio of the spro though.

Then goes to a bit of the red berry and finish super sweet rich choc.

Actually pretty darn nice. Still gawping at the fruity start in a milk but suppose it's not that much milk.

Will try a 5oz cappa tonight and also set up a cold brew steep for a lemonade for tomorrow as the darkness to the lemon in cold may work well.

Latte art still sucks but it's all taste, beauty can be worked on later.......

19769938441_791c9deec6_k.jpg

Edited by Sk8-bizarre

Workshop - cult of done ( again )

Shots been getting better every day, more balanced and fruit forward , still that brown sugar finish....

Perhaps it's aged better at 20 days past roast now...

Perhaps it's the fact that I am pulling shots on my back flush profile by accident ( flat 7.5 bar ) .....who knows. Not questioning. Just enjoying

Cafe latte from the builders merchants machine..

96BA3821-0A6C-45DB-BD67-9C7EDED09FD6_zpsn2ey4jzr.jpg

.. It's coffee of sorts I guess.

Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3  + Customised Mazzer Major + Niche

Output: Slayer One Group + La Pavoni + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

Workshop - cult of done ( again )

Shots been getting better every day, more balanced and fruit forward , still that brown sugar finish....

Perhaps it's aged better at 20 days past roast now...

Perhaps it's the fact that I am pulling shots on my back flush profile by accident ( flat 7.5 bar ) .....who knows. Not questioning. Just enjoying

More developed roast = more rest.

Think those sensory lab beans are probably just about ready to go :)