New Sage little machine

Just a few teasers...........

IMG_0126-2_zps827f81b1.jpg

IMG_0127_zps5eb14490.jpg

IMG_0128_zps95327067.jpg

IMG_0129_zps63f3ae89.jpg

IMG_0130_zps4ceb4e21.jpg

Pulled one shot. Will reveal more later

It is really clever froggy. You steam first and when you return the switch to neutral, the machine automatically vents itself to reduce to ensure the water temp is right

I like the price, about time Sage released a lower priced, simple machine.

What is the steam power like?

Twitter @Froggystyle

I do not want to give too much away until I have had a proper play, but, the one lot of milk I steamed, the steam is powered by a thermoblock which by nature means it chugs away, almost indefinitely but is not powerful. Single hole steam tip and even a fool could deliver beautifully textured milk.......and I did!........but, it is not powerful.

At sub £350 there has to be a market for this one. :good:

Ron 

WTF is that ANOTHER proprietary portafilter?!?!

A three lugged teflon coated one by the looks of things... Oh and a Gaggia Classic-esque double spout.

Beans, beans the musical fruit, the more you drink, the more you... *tremors uncontrollably* 😬 

How long do they last?

Well, at least two years as that is the standard warranty with them!........but I take your point

David,

have you started working for Sage? :)

Frappe still rocks!

David,

have you started working for Sage? :)

Not until they pay me! I think my lever machine is due back very shortly, so that will deplete the family!

Deplete? Surely increase unless you're getting rid of a Sage or two?

Rocket Giotto Evoluzione v2, Eureka Zenith 65E, Niche grinder, Pharos grinder with VoodooDaddy mods, Eureka MDL, Torr Goldfinger, Smart Tamp. Various coffee stuff.

I am sensing a lot a negativity for no apparent reason...seems like a decent machine at the right price point if you ask me. The duo-temp feature if it works will I suspect appeal to many SB owners who don't want to or can't afford to pick up more expensive HX or db machines I would have thought. Will be interested to hear the opinion once you've used it a bit

I am sensing a lot a negativity for no apparent reason...seems like a decent machine at the right price point if you ask me. The duo-temp feature if it works will I suspect appeal to many SB owners who don't want to or can't afford to pick up more expensive HX or db machines I would have thought. Will be interested to hear the opinion once you've used it a bit

It is early days but the machine seems quite capable so far. It is not a Gaggia Classic.....you cannot change the steam arm or mod it........it has a built in pid which is set at the factory.......it applies perfusion that you cannot vary........if you steam your milk it automatically adjusts the water temp down to the correct level before you pull the shot.......the steam is not powerful, but it is powerful enough..........but, the whole point of this machine seems to be that it is very easy to use. You try telling a newbie to listen as you vent the steam on a Classic for the change in note. This is not going to appeal to would be Classic/Silvia owners, but it will appeal to newbies to the coffee scene

I think it sounds a pretty well thought out wee machine like most Sage stuff. I wouldn't mind giving one a go myself really. If that had been about 9 years ago when I first bought my Gaggia Classic I might have gone for that instead.

Sage Dual Boiler/ EK43 /Technivorm Moccamaster/Feldgrind / Aeropress / Clever Dripper /Bodum & Le Creuset Cafétières

The Breville Aus website is a little naughty, as on the pages for every one of the Dual Boiler, the Infuser, and the Duo-temp machines it says:

"Low Pressure Pre-infusion

Low pressure pre-infusion gently delivers water pressure at between 2 to 4 bar to allow the coffee grinds to expand prior to extraction at the optimal full pressure of 9 bar. This enhances the release of the oils to produce a balanced espresso. This pressure and its duration is user programmable."

Now this is tosh, as only the DB allows the pressure and duration to be varied.

Lots of everything: machines, grinders, roaster, beans, tampers, baskets, blah, blah

However - Too much is never enough!

I have high hopes for this. Not a DB, not a Classic. But should definitely have a place in the market. I would have seriously considered it instead of the Classic if it was around a couple of years ago.

LR|F83EV2|Niche|Lunar

The Breville Aus website is a little naughty, as on the pages for every one of the Dual Boiler, the Infuser, and the Duo-temp machines it says:

"Low Pressure Pre-infusion

Low pressure pre-infusion gently delivers water pressure at between 2 to 4 bar to allow the coffee grinds to expand prior to extraction at the optimal full pressure of 9 bar. This enhances the release of the oils to produce a balanced espresso. This pressure and its duration is user programmable."

Now this is tosh, as only the DB allows the pressure and duration to be varied.

Perhaps the UK version is different

http://www.johnlewis.com/sage-by-heston-blumenthal-the-duo-temp-pro-espresso-coffee-machine-brushed-stainless-steel/p1749201

Was it Quickmill who did the wee single boiler with the thermoblock?

Dave, is the portafilter 54mm like the Breville website says it is or 58mm??

That could put a lot of people off if so...

Beans, beans the musical fruit, the more you drink, the more you... *tremors uncontrollably* 😬 

Dave, is the portafilter 54mm like the Breville website says it is or 58mm??

That could put a lot of people off if so...

If its a first machine for people ( which is its market) most won't know or be concerned about the size of the pf..why would they?

I write a blog, it's nothing to do with coffee ...

https://rjwinc.wordpress.com

Instagram - rjw_inc

it is 54mm, just like la spaz! i have not found it to be a problem though