Sean

EMERGENCY!! Help! Flooded work top!

I received a response from HOF. They want to collect the machine and return it to their warehouse.

'Once your boiler has been returned and received at our warehouse we will assess the item and update you accordingly.'

All the while, I'm making Jailbreak in a french press!!

LR|F83EV2|Niche|Lunar

Did you assess exactly where water was exiting the machine?

Jailbreak is pretty darn good as filter!

@garydyke1

It was towards the rear on the right. Basically coming out of the foot/wheel.

It wasn't too bad. Frustrating that it was delicious from the Sage and now I have a bag and three-quarters going stale along with some Ethiopian.

LR|F83EV2|Niche|Lunar

Jeez, HOF are slow responding! Its like they deliberately wait a full 24 hours before they respond! I replied straightaway yesterday, so much for getting things sorted quickly. I'm clucking.

LR|F83EV2|Niche|Lunar

Collection arranged for tomorrow.

LR|F83EV2|Niche|Lunar

HOF themselves by the sounds of it. Or at least their courier taking it to their warehouse.

LR|F83EV2|Niche|Lunar

Jeez, HOF are slow responding! Its like they deliberately wait a full 24 hours before they respond! I replied straight away yesterday, so much for getting things sorted quickly. I'm clucking.

Glad you didn't lay an egg, hopefully you'll get sorted out soon!

I've never brought the machine out of its power save mode by doing what you did but needless to say I won't be trying it! :/

Beans, beans the musical fruit, the more you drink, the more you... *tremors uncontrollably* 😬 

Waking it via the steam wand is not a factor in this issue. And I believe it would never cause any issues whatsoever (how could it?) The Sage is programmed to shut down if it doesn't like something that is happening.

LR|F83EV2|Niche|Lunar

Waking it via the steam wand is not a factor in this issue. And I believe it would never cause any issues whatsoever (how could it?) The Sage is programmed to shut down if it doesn't like something that is happening.

Dont think it is an issue but in my tired state of mind : If you open the steam wand prior to reaching full temp it beeps at you and doesnt allow steam, the valve closes . In sleep mode you're opening the steam valve whilst its not up to temp but does it then close/beep? or would the temp continue to rise indefinitely with a valve open somewhere?

Tweet sage and ask who stated it wasn't advisable to do that to wake it from sleep mode and why?

@garydyke1

It only does the beep and close thing if its open when you turn the machine on. If you open it when in sleep, it stays open and no beep. No beep = no problem. And as the machine is fully electric, it wouldn't allow steam to wake it, it would ignore it and have no effect. I regret mentioning it now as it has become something of a fixation for many.

Anyhow, the moment it is collected tomorrow, I'll be on the email pestering HOF before they have even received it! Beans are going stale!

LR|F83EV2|Niche|Lunar

Good luck & keep us posted

Expobar Leva DB PID, Eureka Olympus 75E, Mazzer Super Jolly, Rhino Hand Grinder, Torr Trapez, On Balance Scales, VonShef Stainless Steel Double Wall French Press, VST 18, 20, IMS Shower Screen, V60, D'Ancap Cups/Saucers :coffee:

If HoF drag their feet ask for a refund and buy one from Lakeland

Beans are going stale!

Quick, get the Classic out!

Beans, beans the musical fruit, the more you drink, the more you... *tremors uncontrollably* 😬 

To cut a very long and, I-won't-be-shopping-at-HOF-ever-again, story short, I picked up a shiny new SDB this afternoon. Somewhat ironically, considering my last statement, it was from HOF. Anyhow, all's well that ends well. She looks beautiful and it's so good to be back in the game.

I also bagged a £40 voucher for my troubles which will most likely go towards mothers Sage Smart Grinder for Christmas. Yeah I realise, I'm not doing very well at not shopping there!

I considered myself a willing guinea pig in testing HOFs customer service. It was my duty to the forum to investigate. THE VERDICT: Go straight to Sage.

LR|F83EV2|Niche|Lunar

In my very first approach to HOF, I requested they take back the faulty machine and exchange it for a new one as it was only six weeks old.

Their response was: 'We need you to return the machine for us to assess first'.

Once they received it, only then did they tell me that I would have to wait up to 28 days for the 'assessment' to take place! This didn't sit well with me to say the least and I let them know politely, although with great certainty, that this was not on.

Their response: 'That's how it is. And in any case, we don't offer an exchange on faulty products, only a refund'.

They should have told me that immediately as that was precisely my request in the first place! This riled me. Quite a lot.

I then requested they return MY machine to me immediately. They pretty much refused. Anyway, a few calls later and a few broken promises of callbacks too, still no resolution. Finally, on Monday, an email to say it was on its way back to me. Then yesterday, a call to say I had been refunded! So broken promises, miscommunication, false and missing information basically. Maybe I was a bit demanding and hard on them, I don't know. If they had just given me the correct information in the first place..

Anyway, after all that, they told me to just place another order. Problem being, I got it for £972 under an offer and voucher code. So they had to escalate it to management. Finally, around 19:00 yesterday they took payment, honouring the original price and offered the £40 voucher as goodwill. Like I say, long story! So I kinda got it for £932. Not bad. Not sure the trauma was worth it. Plus, I didn't send any of the accessories back!

LR|F83EV2|Niche|Lunar

The other one broke

I think he meant in my dealings with HOF.

LR|F83EV2|Niche|Lunar