CoffeeChris

Sage pulsing around 9 bar

Hi, just had a replacement dual boiler and noticed that this machine pulses around 9 to 9.5 bar then settles. It's worse when back flushing. Is this normal? Don't remember it happening on my old machine.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk

Dual Boiler™ | Sage, Mazzer Major, VST 18g, 20g, Pullman 58.4mm convex, Mahlkoenig Vario, Hario grinder, Areopress, V60-1, Chemex, Kalita Wave, impress coffee brewer

what went wrong with the first one

AKA Toffee chips

Steam boiler went last year when I descaled.they put new boiler in. They offered me a new one , didn't take offer up as all seemed ok. Went to descale 2 weeks ago and same thing happened. It seemed to think boilers were full when they were empty. So you get stuck in the cycle. Reset sage but steam boiler was dead.

Dual Boiler™ | Sage, Mazzer Major, VST 18g, 20g, Pullman 58.4mm convex, Mahlkoenig Vario, Hario grinder, Areopress, V60-1, Chemex, Kalita Wave, impress coffee brewer

still covered by warranty just get a replacement.

AKA Toffee chips

I need to send sage some video footage of it today. I'm guessing this is not normal?

Anyone help with this. Sage are saying it does happen? Just never happened on my first machine. Seems to bounce between 9 and 9.5 then settle?

Not on me , Will try later,just trying to sort it with sage

Saga continues. Have just been backflushing machine. Temp is set at 93. Looks like machine as overheated. Temp rose to 94 , 95 , powerlight flashing and temp on screen flashing. Now not letting me use machine. Definitely something not tight

Saga continues. Have just been backflushing machine. Temp is set at 93. Looks like machine as overheated. Temp rose to 94 , 95 , powerlight flashing and temp on screen flashing. Now not letting me use machine. Definitely something not tight

This has happened to me only twice on two consecutive days.

Draw some water from the hot water tap and it should regulate itself.

Beans, beans the musical fruit, the more you drink, the more you... *tremors uncontrollably* 😬 

I have attached a link with an example of whats happening.....Not sure if this is normal, but never happened with my previous machine. This does also happen with a pour. Not always but 90% of the time. then settles.

I didn't think it was, but sage are saying it is and as long as I'm getting good cremer and I'm happy then that's fine. Although they are getting there coffee guy to ring me

Mine certainly doesn't do that although there can be a bit of fluctuation in the pressure it's doesn't pulse like that.

Have you tried using different baskets?

I use the 18g vst which worked fine on my previous machine,

Its not right, you can hear the pump labouring . I wouldn't accept it .

@garydyke1

Send Sage that video if you already haven't done,

it's bad luck that you've now had two with issues.

Beans, beans the musical fruit, the more you drink, the more you... *tremors uncontrollably* 😬 

Send Sage that video if you already haven't done,

it's bad luck that you've now had two with issues.

I did, the person I spoke to had showed it to another person and did not know what it was. Was told if it's producing good espresso and cremea and I'm happy then it's fine.

I did, the person I spoke to had showed it to another person and did not know what it was. Was told if it's producing good espresso and cremea and I'm happy then it's fine.

I've been using an 18g VST these last few days and it seems to give a more consistent flow. But I just wondered if there were any basket imperfections what that might do in terms of the pressure.....

Anyway, given what they said I'd tell them you're not happy and expect a new (relatively new?) machine to be perfect ;)

I've been using an 18g VST these last few days and it seems to give a more consistent flow. But I just wondered if there were any basket imperfections what that might do in terms of the pressure.....

Even if there was (which there isn't with a VST) your pump shouldn't be spazzing out like that, seems as though its a dodgy pump and the comments in this YouTube vid suggest so.

They're about £15 to replace.

I'm going to give them a call today and get it sorted

Just had a watch of the video, mine is not as bad as that but same kind if thing. Just had a call from the guys that fix the sage machines and they are saying it is normal in a very fine grind. But they are coming to have a look at it

Just had a watch of the video, mine is not as bad as that but same kind if thing. Just had a call from the guys that fix the sage machines and they are saying it is normal in a very fine grind. But they are coming to have a look at it

Its not normal buddy. Ive choked the Sage fully several times in the past and its shown no signs of doing that

@garydyke1

Same here. Not sure what to do. They are saying it's ok and want to see it. They said it Will do it with blanking disc in. Never did on my old one and i have never seen it on yours. Do you have a contact at sage Gary, who knows about these machines?