IGNORED

What Are You Listening To?

Big_Fat_Dan

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Last night as opposed to now but....

was at Cambridge Corn Exchange watching Paul Carrack

Great singer plus pianist/keyboards... (Paul Carrack)
Fabulous lead guitarist....
Great pair of drummers...  
Decent bass player....             ) These two didn't do any
another keyboard player...     )  specific solos but played all night

Last but certainly not least the Sax (Tenor and some Alto and also did some keyboards and a bit of flute) absolutely KILLED IT!!!!!! 
I had forgotten (from last time we saw them) 
a) How much Sax there was...
b) How good it was...
His name is Steve Beighton.... I will be searching YTube, Spotify etc!!  

If you don't "know" Paul Carrack... you do... been in all sorts and written all sorts... not least "The Living Years" (Mike and the Mechanics)

Edited by Drewster

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, MildredM said:

You listening to the Gary Barlow Crooner Sessions @Drewster? Today really was the whole of the moon 🎶🎵🎶🎵🎶

Not come across them actually... (GB Crooner Sessions)

I am listening to a few on FB via a drop called "Rock the Lockdown"... worth a gander if you are so inclined...
Plus a few independent live streams from bands/people I know already.

This was the last gig I got to so far this year - hopefully it won't be the last (but.......)

Bitter Sweet reference above...
At Cropredy last year we saw The Waterboys (Whole of the Moon - obviously) which was the "sweet".... but Cropredy this year has been cancelled :-( - obviously "bitter"......

tbh For the first week or two of "lockdown" we were hopeful about Cropredy (Mid-August) but had really resigned ourselves to it being cancelled by the time it came...

Good news is that basically the entire Festival, All the Bands (headliners and lower ranks and all) are coming next year.... Including quite a few of the "Fringe" venues...

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I’ve been listening to a wide range of music thanks to Spotify. A recent find is It’s a Beautiful Day, their song White Bird is lovely. Lots of Jefferson Airplane, Mountain, 7 Day Bitch, Swans, Benjamin Britten and Dimitri Shostakovich. Also Joe Yamanaka and Melt Banana from Japan. I can’t help thinking that modern British rock music has lost the plot. Amy Winehouse was very talented, but so much is pap, in my opinion of course. 

I suspect the problem is that modern British youngsters are polite and respectful. Where’s the anger, the rage, the drug taking, the alcoholism, the obnoxiousness? 🙂

• 1 month later...

Recently I've been enjoying a bit of Chas and Dave...I know, I know...

Remember this little ditty...for some reason I been thinking about.

I used to like this one as well

I remember the advert so well.

Sticks and Stones, sours…or rancid (horrible). Quakers hide until roasted, pick em out and flick them in the bin. Life is too short for bad coffee

I always liked this as well

Sticks and Stones, sours…or rancid (horrible). Quakers hide until roasted, pick em out and flick them in the bin. Life is too short for bad coffee

• 4 weeks later...

@ddwaltz90 I had a listen...it sounds like it's more for meditating?

I'm enjoying this at the moment, Alison Kraus the second-best version IMO. Then I found a manufactured duet with Alison Kraus with the late Keith Whitley

Edited by DavecUK