Big_Fat_Dan

What Are You Listening To?

Hawkwind at the Roundhouse

It certainly is recorded there based on the echoes but a good effort.

Their live stuff is often superior to some of the (many) studio offerings

[video=youtube;4n1GT-VjjVs]

Anyone remember the Bee Gees? Listening to this unexpected and really astonishing Cover of Bruce Springsteen

Used machine: Oracle Touch

Anyone remember the Bee Gees? Listening to this unexpected and really astonishing Cover of Bruce Springsteen

[email protected] that’s good!

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / part-time LSOL participant / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely husband / 

As if that wasn't good enough, it threw me
next!

Laissez les bons temps rouler

As if that wasn't good enough, it threw me
next!

A.Mazing!

I’m in with the guinea pigs right now. Set the vid off - they stopped eating (almost unheard of) and sat watching transfixed through the whole thing!!! Here are 2 of them...

177ff23622bcc84d719409a40d8623a8.jpg

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / part-time LSOL participant / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely husband / 

The Boss!!

There's a reason why we call him that.

says Hasi.

'This Sunday I will be out in the road saying - "Hasi says your impeading me from pursuing my recreational motivations while you wank off over the finer details of some aloof brainfork" :whistle: ' @jimbojohn55

Deep Thought says 'tight wiggles' is the answer. @Scotford

Just spent half a lifetime getting Spotify Premium activated on Vodafone. Think I've now chatted to more than half their customer service agents:time-out:

At least it's now up and running and Greta Van Fleet are banging it out loud.

Londinium-R - EKS43 running SSP Silver Knight burrs

Sorry to hear that about Peter Shelley.

___

Eat, drink and be merry

Rocket R58Ceado E37SAeropressAerGrind • Puck Puck cold brew widget • VST 18g basket • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 convex black Ti/walnut tamper • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 flat sharp edge tamper • Big bag o' beans • Triumph Street Triple 675R

The Boss!!

There's a reason why we call him that.

There is indeed a reason....... unfortunately it's not quite as a "cool" a reason as many suppose.....

Basically in his early days he was "volunteered" by his band mates to be the one that waited around after gigs to collect payment - and then distributed it to them later....

Clarence Clemens on the other hand was "The Big Man" mainly because he was 6'5"......

There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Manic Obsession"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Expobar Brewtus DB, Mazzer SJ, Sowden, V60, Aeropress and all sorts

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently enjoying LSOL

There is indeed a reason... in his early days he was "volunteered" by his band mates to be the one that waited around after gigs

Ha! An unexpected twist! I suppose if he'd been called "the gopher" it maybe wouldn't have become a thing amongst his fans...

___

Eat, drink and be merry

Rocket R58Ceado E37SAeropressAerGrind • Puck Puck cold brew widget • VST 18g basket • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 convex black Ti/walnut tamper • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 flat sharp edge tamper • Big bag o' beans • Triumph Street Triple 675R

Just spent half a lifetime getting Spotify Premium activated on Vodafone. Think I've now chatted to more than half their customer service agents:time-out:

At least it's now up and running and Greta Van Fleet are banging it out loud.

Funnily enough I'm listening to Led Zeppelin now (Mothership remastered) on Apple Music through my Alexa Echo. I use it as a bluetooth speaker lol.

Previous to that, I listened to Thunder(The Very Best of Thunder) a whopping 3 hours and 42 minutes long!! 44 songs.. Didn't realise as I've been pottering round cooking and trying to align the EK (it is a bit better now, less channelling) Put chalk in the burrs to see where they were touching and shimmed accordingly.. A bit hit & miss but how else do you do the moving burr.. The carrier is out by nearly 0.1mm. I'm guessing someone has tried prizing it out with a screwdriver.. :rolleyes: Anyway, that's for a different thread...

Hush now, Stairway to Heaven has just started.... :cool:

Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3 + Mahlkonig EK43 Turkish burrs + Niche

Output: KVdW Speedster + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

Funnily enough I'm listening to Led Zeppelin now (Mothership remastered) on Apple Music through my Alexa Echo. I use it as a bluetooth speaker lol.

Previous to that, I listened to Thunder(The Very Best of Thunder) a whopping 3 hours and 42 minutes long!! 44 songs.. Didn't realise as I've been pottering round cooking and trying to align the EK (it is a bit better now, less channelling) Put chalk in the burrs to see where they were touching and shimmed accordingly.. A bit hit & miss but how else do you do the moving burr.. The carrier is out by nearly 0.1mm. I'm guessing someone has tried prizing it out with a screwdriver.. :rolleyes: Anyway, that's for a different thread...

Hush now, Stairway to Heaven has just started.... :cool:

says Hasi.

'This Sunday I will be out in the road saying - "Hasi says your impeading me from pursuing my recreational motivations while you wank off over the finer details of some aloof brainfork" :whistle: ' @jimbojohn55

Deep Thought says 'tight wiggles' is the answer. @Scotford

Mrs WD is out for the day so I can listen to stuff without needing her approval.

81c748a52fe288a07f60db2b1f4a2e09.jpg

a grinder a lever and some beans

[video=youtube;O4jAX9-YX1o]

Bit of New Order-- can't believe how good 'Music Complete' is. This song in particular is a favourite at the moment.

River, Blue - Joni Mitchell

A sad Christmas song, but soooo beautiful. If you have time to get off the merry-go-round for half an hour, have a listen to this from Radio 4's Soul Music series:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m0001l70

(Not sure if you have to be logged in to BBC iPlayer to listen to it.)

Vesuvius | Niche grinder | Mazzer Super Jolly | This week I shall mostly be drinking ... Foundry - Rio Magdalena, Colombia

P1: 2 [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected] ('lever profile')

"What else is our life but a series of preludes to that unknown Hymn, the first and solemn note of which is intoned by Death?—Love is the glowing dawn of all existence; but what is the fate where the first delights of happiness are not interrupted by some storm, the mortal blast of which dissipates its fine illusions, the fatal lightning of which consumes its altar; and where is the cruelly wounded soul which, on issuing from one of these tempests, does not endeavour to rest his recollection in the calm serenity of life in the fields? Nevertheless man hardly gives himself up for long to the enjoyment of the beneficent stillness which at first he has shared in Nature's bosom, and when "the trumpet sounds the alarm", he hastens, to the dangerous post, whatever the war may be, which calls him to its ranks, in order at last to recover in the combat full consciousness of himself and entire possession of his energy." - Liszt

Edited by oracleuser

Used machine: Oracle Touch