Big_Fat_Dan

What Are You Listening To?

Saturday morning, lots of coffee on the table, Talking Heads on the stereo, blue sky outside. Good times.

Espresso singing along to Cecelia - simon and Garfunkel. Love the echo hand claps intro. Dad used to play that album a ton when I was a kid...

I write a blog, it's nothing to do with coffee ...

https://rjwinc.wordpress.com

Instagram - rjw_inc

Bridge Over Troubled Water - one of the seminal albums of the 70s - a masterpiece. Homeward Bound was written on Widnes railway station too - about the only claim to fame Widnes has!

Londinium-R - EKS43 running SSP Silver Knight burrs

For me nothing beats Marconi Union for a bit of relaxation (missus says I'm mental listening to it, but I find it really calming). On the other side of the spectrum there's Gui Boratto for a bit of minimal and Black Sun Empire for some true classic dnb (especially the Lights and Wires album).

Jazz-wise I've discovered Mammal Hands with their Animalia album, good drummy jazz.

T.

Espresso: Londinium L1, ZR-71 grinder

Photography: Flickr

Started listening to War on Drugs last night after reading all the hype - lives up to it. Quality tunes.

Started listening to War on Drugs last night after reading all the hype - lives up to it. Quality tunes.

Quality isn't it jeebsy, one of my albums of the year, really want to see them live now.

Not a million miles away from Kurt Vile, you into him?

Not a million miles away from Kurt Vile, you into him?

I do Jeebsy, I like all that sort of stuff, do you like Ty Segall?

Not heard of him (assuming it's a him) - will check it tonight.

Jazzy House at

very chilled out (at work)

Peter F Hamilton Commonwealth Saga Audio Books (at home)

Home: Fracino Classico, Mazzer Major

Office: Fracino Little Gem, Mazzer Royal, Anfim Super Best (Decaf)

Katy J at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1YlbpLR1vw Strangely compelling.

Cabin Pressure audio books (in the car)

Rocket Giotto Evoluzione v2, Eureka Zenith 65E, Niche grinder, Pharos grinder with VoodooDaddy mods, Eureka MDL, Torr Goldfinger, Smart Tamp. Various coffee stuff.

They are on Jools Holland tonight - BBC2 @ 10pm (along with Brian Ferry!)

Rocket Giotto Evo, Mythos, Torr x 2, Rapha Chris King Tamper (coz they are cool), VST's, Hausgrind, Airgrind, Hario Slim, Chemex, Aeropress, Oomph, Puck Puck, Bialetti, Black Acaia scales, Acia Lunas,fresh beans

Blah Blah Blah - it makes coffee

Famous Blue Raincoat - Leonard Cohen songs sung by Jennifer Warnes

Best on vinyl but I've only CD these days

Espresso: Ceado E92 (modified for single dose); Vesuvius; VST baskets and refractometer.

Other: Aeropress, Sowden and Alessi Moka Pot; Mazzer Robur doser with Auber timer; Mazzer Mini E; Expobar Leva Dual Boiler

Famous Blue Raincoat - Leonard Cohen songs sung by Jennifer Warnes

Best on vinyl but I've only CD these days

Classic album. One of my favourites. Apart from my complete set of LC albums, studio and live!!

An espresso machine and a grinder - who wants to read a whole list?

Classic album. One of my favourites. Apart from my complete set of LC albums, studio and live!!

Knowing your espresso kit I am imagining a Michel Gyrodek, Lynn Itok arm, dream vinyl set-up.

Espresso: Ceado E92 (modified for single dose); Vesuvius; VST baskets and refractometer.

Other: Aeropress, Sowden and Alessi Moka Pot; Mazzer Robur doser with Auber timer; Mazzer Mini E; Expobar Leva Dual Boiler

I quite like that album too - reminds me a bit of some of Ryan Adams' stuff (the rockier stuff more than the country-tinged stuff)

Sage Dual Boiler/ EK43 /Technivorm Moccamaster/Feldgrind / Aeropress / Clever Dripper /Bodum & Le Creuset Cafétières

Starting the day off with some Black Keys

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10011[/ATTACH]

Love this album. Whenever I am talking about Black Keys to my wife (e.g. suggesting we go see them live) I have to reference one of the songs off the album and say "you know the one you sing along to 'nah nah woah oh oh-oh'"

Sage Dual Boiler/ EK43 /Technivorm Moccamaster/Feldgrind / Aeropress / Clever Dripper /Bodum & Le Creuset Cafétières

Was supposed to be going to Warpaint next month but got postponed til March.

A lot of Warp stuff getting played at the moment..

Aphex Syro (basically on permanent repeat).

BOC - Tomorrow's Harvest & Hi Scores re-issue.

New Clark album sounding pretty nice too.

Also playing My Bloody Valentine back catalogue (unfortunately there just ain't enough of that...)

Andy

Wilfa CGWS-130B | Acaia Lunar | Bonavita 1.0L | Kruve | Aeropress | Kaffeologie S

I haven't looked but I doubt I am the first to mention Manhattan Transfer: