coffeechap

A cheeky new addition caedo e37

Picked this up recently to put alongside the versalab and l1, first impressions are very positive will update in time

image.jpg

I have added a beautiful blue glass hopper from torr

image.jpg

AKA Toffee chips

IIRC that's the older version but looks terrific. Will be very interested to hear how you get on.

Rocket Giotto Evoluzione v2, Eureka Zenith 65E, Niche grinder, Pharos grinder with VoodooDaddy mods, Eureka MDL, Torr Goldfinger, Smart Tamp. Various coffee stuff.

Love the hopper

Rocket Giotto Evo, Mythos, Torr x 2, Rapha Chris King Tamper (coz they are cool), VST's, Hausgrind, Airgrind, Hario Slim, Chemex, Aeropress, Oomph, Puck Puck, Bialetti, Black Acaia scales, Acia Lunas,fresh beans

Blah Blah Blah - it makes coffee

Looks like a nice little grinder, looking forward to hearing how you get on.

DE1Pro, EK43 SSP, bloody tasty coffee!

GrindScience.com - My blog of coffee related ramblings

Looking handsome in royal blue!

Beans, beans the musical fruit, the more you drink, the more you... *tremors uncontrollably* 😬 

Ceado looks like an awesome bit of solid engineering. Blue glass hopper is a nice touch. Is it intended to at as a filter to protect the beans from UV or something, or just cosmetic?

Rocket R58Ceado E37SAeropressAerGrind • Puck Puck cold brew widget • VST 18g basket • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 convex black Ti/walnut tamper • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 flat sharp edge tamper • Big bag o' beans • Triumph Street Triple 675R

The blue glass does actually protect beans plus the oils in beans do not stick to it

AKA Toffee chips

Looks the business

What's the burr set in that?

Londinium L1 Luxe - Compak E10 - Macap M7 - Brita Aquaquell - Torr Trapez Tamper - IMS Shower screen - IMS & VST baskets

And what's the retention like?

Londinium L1 Luxe - Compak E10 - Macap M7 - Brita Aquaquell - Torr Trapez Tamper - IMS Shower screen - IMS & VST baskets

Is it the 37 or 37s ? Only I thought the 37 had smaller burrs than the newer 's' version.

Looks good either way and the blue hopper is a nice touch. :good:

I reviewed this model and it's bigger brother. It's a 37S current model, low retention and probably one of the most sensible and kitchen friendly grinders with big 83mm burrs (also excellent grind quality) you can get for home use. The most unnsensible, but very kitchen friendly and excellent grind big conical you can get is it's bigger brother the E92.....

Both incredibly well sized for what they are!

ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DB (paddle flow control) BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK: 145kg assorted greens: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/

Actually this is the older version and it does indeed have the smaller burr set on it , have just stripped it down and had a look, the newer ones must absolutely rip through beans.

AKA Toffee chips

That hopper is gorgeous! But the price...

Would love one of these grinders. Especially the E92.

Rocket Giotto Evoluzione v2, Eureka Zenith 65E, Niche grinder, Pharos grinder with VoodooDaddy mods, Eureka MDL, Torr Goldfinger, Smart Tamp. Various coffee stuff.

Actually this is the older version and it does indeed have the smaller burr set on it , have just stripped it down and had a look, the newer ones must absolutely rip through beans.

Interesting, because from the photo, there seems to be no way to tell from the outside!

ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DB (paddle flow control) BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK: 145kg assorted greens: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/

Not sure what I spotted but there was some discrepancy from the current model.

Interesting, because from the photo, there seems to be no way to tell from the outside!

I agree Dave the look identical but the burrs are definitely smaller

AKA Toffee chips

I agree Dave the look identical but the burrs are definitely smaller

Have you got a photo of the burr chamber, perhaps someone has mistakenly put 64mm burrs in there...because it really doesn't look like an E37, but an E37S...

Burr carrier is not big enough to take the 83 mm burrs dave

AKA Toffee chips

It is definitely an e37

AKA Toffee chips

Burr carrier is not big enough to take the 83 mm burrs dave

What a shame, I looked at some photos off later E37 grinders and yes the differences are subtle, very subtle, that plastic tray is not quite as wide, and on earlier variants the front was different, downward slope and covered more of the exit chute. Still a great grinder, but also a useful heads up for anyone who might see one on e-bay.

Your first impressions were very positive.

After you found out that the burrs are only 64mm and not 83mm is the impression still as good as it was ?

This grinder must be really cool if you still like it, when I remeber right than you have never been a fan of grinders with "small burrs".

Your first impressions were very positive.

After you found out that the burrs are only 64mm and not 83mm is the impression still as good as it was ?

This grinder must be really cool if you still like it, when I remeber right than you have never been a fan of grinders with "small burrs".

I can only assume you intended this to come across as snide as it does?

It's been clear to see your difference of opinion of burr size on the result in the cup, something I hold no opinion on as I couldn't possibly tell the difference. Your insinuation here is that the belief that burr size effects flavour has subliminally affected Daves opinion on this grinder, when one could easily assume that your belief that (correct me if I am wrong) it is all down to engineering tolerances is affected by the same subliminal influences.

A constructive discussion about what it is (if it is not burr size) that makes bigger grinders a better buy could actually be worthwhile.