Ian S

Silvia weaping and dripping from the adjustable OPV.

Is there any service in the UK for Silvias?

I've been Googling or a couple of days and found nothing about a replacement seal.

Nearest is from USA, a small brass piece with a seal pre-fitted for about $7 + shiipping, etc.

Surely all I need is a gasket for more like 10p than £10!!

It's been a very frustrating, even annoying experience, finding such little, if any, parts and info in the UK about this machine. And not much in the USA really.

Thanks.

Edited by Ian S

2009 v2 Rancilio Silvia with adjustable OPV; currently at 11Bar, Auber PID, Wika gauge, lamp dimmer pressure profiling. Baratza Preciso adjusted for finest grind, modified Cunill Tranquilo.

I draw by weight, not time or volume. I weigh the beans that go in and weigh the brew as it drips out.

2009 v2 Rancilio Silvia with adjustable OPV; currently at 11Bar, Auber PID, Wika gauge, lamp dimmer pressure profiling. Baratza Preciso adjusted for finest grind, modified Cunill Tranquilo.

I draw by weight, not time or volume. I weigh the beans that go in and weigh the brew as it drips out.

I seem to recall looking there last Feb and there was a lot more.

Nearly bought the VST 7g from them then but the Scottish place (Knock?) had the tamper to go with it and for a fair price.

Hi Ian,

I think you probably need a VITON 0-RING GASKET 14x1.78mm to sort out your leak.

I have just acquired a 2009 Silvia v3 and had to strip my opv today as I went to adjust the pressure because it was running 14.8 bar!....it would not adjust at all, it was seized solid...took me about an hour or so to descale and sort it out, works great now...running at 9.5bar...all good.

It has the above o ring in it that seals it.

The Rancilio part no. is 36404039 though I cannot find it in the UK, but now you have the size you could google an o ring company (or fleabay) and buy one for pence :-)

Anyway, good luck,

Simon

Fracino Ariete (Classico), Wood Handles, opv 9 bar - Mazzer Royal inc.Titanium Burrs T151B ,Funnel mod + powder coat in progress - Mazzer Super Jolly inc. Cleen sweep doser, new paint job !  - Rancilio Silvia inc. MeCoffee PID, IMS Shower Screen, Silicone Group Head, opv to 9 bar - Gaggia Classic, Silicone Group Head, Rancilio steam arm, opv 9 bar + Other stuff !