Sean

Who owns what Sage equipment?

MrBoots2u has written extensively on the Oracle but you may want to give the Sage/Breville Dual Boiler a look too. Couple of things: you can get a better grinder than that in the Oracle and it wouldn't be putting all your eggs in one basket. allowing you to change coffee machine and grinder separately later if and when you need to. Just a thought.

Have a soon to be returned Sage Barista Express. Not overly impressed.

In what way? I was looking at the Sage makers but when I came on this forum they basically got so slated that I stopped looking at them.

The first one I had went rusty on the side panels, which are stainless steel(?)!

Sage replaced the machine and I have used it since, but now tired of it's foibles:

Grinder has 1-10 coarseness settings, however 10-7 are pointless for espresso, so why are they there?

Grinder dosage has 1 or 2 shot setting, can only use 1 shot because otherwise it overspills everywhere.

Grinder also has a dial to control dose, but has to be set on minimum or same result as above.

When removing the portafilter, the basket seems to stick to the group head, which is irritating.

The steam wand discharges about 15ml of water before the steam starts, which has to be recovered, and then the steam is not controllable anyway, it's either on or off.

Shim the grinder* - can then use almost all grinder settings

This will fix the overfilling issue

The basket sticking indicates the basket is overfilled

Did you get the white gloves service?

*you shouldn't have to, but this should work

Home Barista Training - contact me to discuss your requirements

Hi Glenn, I bought a La Spaz S1 V2 now and as far as I can see that is a far superior machine.

I've always filled the basket to the same amount and use that razor they supply but still seems to stick.

Hopefully all these issues will never occur with the LS

In what way? I was looking at the Sage makers but when I came on this forum they basically got so slated that I stopped looking at them.

I don't think that's true tbh. Certainly there have been a few faults reported but there seem plenty of people happy...they are maybe just not speaking up?

My first machine (Dual Boiler) which had a faulty pressure gauge (nothing serious) was replaced and it's not skipped a beat since, consistently producing great coffee that even SWMBO says is way better than Star*ucks ;)

Just bought the Smart grinder pro, can;t believe how fine the grinds are. My coffee is so much stronger and haven't even dialled it in correctly yet.

Isomac Alba

Elektra Grinder

Flat Whites only baby.

The first one I had went rusty on the side panels, which are stainless steel(?)!

Sage replaced the machine and I have used it since, but now tired of it's foibles:

Grinder has 1-10 coarseness settings, however 10-7 are pointless for espresso, so why are they there?

Grinder dosage has 1 or 2 shot setting, can only use 1 shot because otherwise it overspills everywhere.

Grinder also has a dial to control dose, but has to be set on minimum or same result as above.

When removing the portafilter, the basket seems to stick to the group head, which is irritating.

The steam wand discharges about 15ml of water before the steam starts, which has to be recovered, and then the steam is not controllable anyway, it's either on or off.

Just got my Barista Express a week ago and haven't had any of these problems at all...

Got the 'razor' thingy with it, but left it in its wee box & just adjusted the dose accordingly

& tamp down to the correct level manually. No sticking group head, no other issues: I'm just drinking too much coffee now.. ;-) .

After staying with my daughter in Australia last month, and queueing up for our regular

coffees from her Breville Barista Express, I ordered Hestons Sage version as soon as I got

home... Delighted with it, and after a short period of adjusting grind and dose, I now get

a great coffee every time.

Glad to have added to Hestons bank balance. :-)

I've acquired a Sage Dual Boiler and Smart Grinder on the weekend. Love the SDB. My coffee and textured milk is transformed. The grinder will be sold on as I have Ascaso grinder with flat 54mm already and an Elektra grinder to be restored and modded for home use.

Thank the gods that Heston' name is not on the actual machine as I would never have bought the SDB. It's bad enough I had to drive home from the forum day at Rave with his smirking face in my backseat. [email protected]

Home | Sage Dual Boiler | Hario V60 Decanter | French Press | Brasilia RR45OD | Lido 2 | RB & MBK Tampers |

Office | Sowden Joe 4 cup | Rhino Handgrinder

Why so much hate for Heston?

In a word. Nespresso.

Home | Sage Dual Boiler | Hario V60 Decanter | French Press | Brasilia RR45OD | Lido 2 | RB & MBK Tampers |

Why so much hate for Heston?

I don't get this either. I suppose the only reason is knowing that some of the cost of the machine goes to pay for his endorsement, which is fairly meaningless in the world of coffee. I doubt that it is a very significant proportion of the price, bearing in mind he is paid to endorse the entire Sage range.

His cooking is another matter! I have yet to see him make anything that I would actually want to eat. Give me Tom Kerridge grub any day!

BOOM! You've just been onomatopoeia'd

At least it wasn't Gordon Ramsey

Sage DB; Mazzer Major; VST 15g, 18g & 20g Baskets;TORR Trapez & Perger Tamper

His cooking is another matter! I have yet to see him make anything that I would actually want to eat. Give me Tom Kerridge grub any day!

Different things, if it was Sunday lunch i'd want Tom Kerridge to cook it but i'd love to go to the Fat Duck.

if it was Sunday lunch i'd want Tom Kerridge to cook it.

He would use far far too much salt : (

@garydyke1

In a word. Nespresso.

Not for long. There was a good reason why

@garydyke1

He would use far far too much salt : (

and lard

and lard

Too much lard and salt? Sounds like a slap up meal to me.

and lard

Have you seen him recently?

His massive reduction in mass is due to not throwing gallons of beer down hi s throat...apparently!?

When I was in uni, prioritising beer over food kept me whippet thin.

yup - impressive weight loss and not a staple to be seen apparently.

The lard was referring to the ingredients in his cooking though. I tried making his chicken, bacon and pistachio pie the other day and gave up when it got to adding most of the pat of butter to the pastry. My arteries can only take so much!

yup - impressive weight loss and not a staple to be seen apparently.

The lard was referring to the ingredients in his cooking though. I tried making his chicken, bacon and pistachio pie the other day and gave up when it got to adding most of the pat of butter to the pastry. My arteries can only take so much!

article-2345114-1A6C874D000005DC-689_634x570.jpg