Sign in to follow this  
Beanosaurus

Sage Dual Boiler (Lifetime Warranty)

I take it all back! I saw one in the metal/plastic the other day and it looks and feels a lot better than the pictures had me believe. This is now on my upgradeitis shortlist (unless I win the premium bonds!).

£25 don't go far ......

I write a blog, it's nothing to do with coffee ...

https://rjwinc.wordpress.com

Instagram - rjw_inc

The Sage DB though, I couldn't test really in anway, but I had a good poke about to assess build quality (best I could) and was quite impressed to be honest. I didn't realise it has a lockable wheel underneath (accessed under drip tray) which allows you to move it around your kitchen worktop really easily. Suprised how long the steam wand is (all but touches the drip tray) compared to the Barista Express. Water and steam controls, no play in them whatsoever although they moved easily (I think someone elsewhere said they were concerned about that). Suprised to see the warming tray on top of the machine seemed to be some sort of plastic, but maybe an owner can confirm that? I picked up a large mug in the shop and that just about slotted in under the PF.

In short though it looks good to me

Chris

The cup warmer isn't as beasty as other machines but I put my rage on it anyway and it dries out suffieciently.

The Heston can also perform a self detox and colonic... Nuff said!

Beans, beans the musical fruit, the more you drink, the more you... *tremors uncontrollably* 😬 

The Lakeland warranty is a very old product and you can have absolute faith in it. Sorry to be harsh, but the problem a lot of people on here have, is not recognising a gift horse when it is braying very loudly in their face!

The Lakeland warranty is a very old product and you can have absolute faith in it. Sorry to be harsh, but the problem a lot of people on here have, is not recognising a gift horse when it is braying very loudly in their face!

Thanks that makes me feel a lot better ;)

....I snoozed, I lost :(

Thanks that makes me feel a lot better ;)

....I snoozed, I lost :(

That is exactly true Chris! If it is a gift horse, grab it! I did the same earlier in the year. A catalogue had them, JD Williams, they ha promoted them at the wrong price, and I had an extra 20% discount code. I spotted this late at night, pressed the button, got so far into the purchase before it told me I had to have an account. I said I would sort it out the next day and of course when I did the mistake had been spotted. So, I speak from experience

@Mr Boots. You're right £25 doesn't go far but did get £1000 once... If I do it again the machine budget will look a lot healthier...

Otherwise, it's a toss up between the Sage and the Brewtus. Would love a Domobar Junior DB with PID but they are hard to find in this country and much more expensive than across the channel or in the US.

Rocket Giotto Evoluzione v2, Eureka Zenith 65E, Niche grinder, Pharos grinder with VoodooDaddy mods, Eureka MDL, Torr Goldfinger, Smart Tamp. Various coffee stuff.

That is exactly true Chris! If it is a gift horse, grab it! I did the same earlier in the year. A catalogue had them, JD Williams, they ha promoted them at the wrong price, and I had an extra 20% discount code. I spotted this late at night, pressed the button, got so far into the purchase before it told me I had to have an account. I said I would sort it out the next day and of course when I did the mistake had been spotted. So, I speak from experience

well luckily, as it turns out I snoozed and didn't lose - got a second chance with lakeland and about to now bite their hand off!

The other thing I would say regarding this experience is that Lakeland have literally e-mailed me back each time I contacted them within minutes and are now offering to call me at a convenient time to sort htings out, great customer service so far. JL are not bad at all, but you get a standard automated response that they will get back to you in 24 hours...and it usually is 24 hours, which is fine but doesn't make them look as good as Lakeland. :)

Edited by Sibling Chris

Good for you! Grab it and enjoy. The two users on here, Charlie and Gary rate them highly, so that must say something

Phew! Well done!

Looking forward to pics and hearing how you get on with it. :)

Rocket Giotto Evoluzione v2, Eureka Zenith 65E, Niche grinder, Pharos grinder with VoodooDaddy mods, Eureka MDL, Torr Goldfinger, Smart Tamp. Various coffee stuff.

...unless I win the premium bonds!.

Rob, could it be you and I are the only two on the forum old enough to have the hand typed premium bond certificates from the 60s?[ATTACH]9369[/ATTACH]

Check mine every year - hopeless!

Espresso: Ceado E92 (modified for single dose); Vesuvius; VST baskets and refractometer.

Other: Aeropress, Sowden and Alessi Moka Pot; Mazzer Robur doser with Auber timer; Mazzer Mini E; Expobar Leva Dual Boiler

@Obnic LOL! Yes, I do still have a couple of the old certificates although I've graduated to a holders card now. Apologies for the OT.

Enjoy your new machine!

Rob, could it be you and I are the only two on the forum old enough to have the hand typed premium bond certificates from the 60s?[ATTACH]9369[/ATTACH]

Check mine every year - hopeless!

My gran got me £100 of premium bonds when I was born. I won £150 quid when I was five years old or something but my dad trousered it. Bugger all since and 30 years later I still have £100.

Imagine she'd invested it in something good. Never forgave her for that.

I have some, somewhere I think. I am going hunting!

woo-hoo, got my order in with Lakeland, all sorted.

for anyone interested not only are you unlikely to find one in a Lakeland store, they told me they do not stock them in their own warehouse. If they did, then delivery would be up to 7 days.

Instead the item is delivered via courier direct from the manufacturer on a 72 hour delivery scheduled via Hermes (they also use another courier I forget, but not one of the big names I've heard of). So they don't have any express delivery option that you might see offered on other products on their website.

Warning: Upon purchasing a Sage Dual Boiler you maybe subject to in-office ridiculement such as "Barista for the stars", "Heston's buddy", and even be dubbed with a new nickname like 'Breville Dave'.

Beans, beans the musical fruit, the more you drink, the more you... *tremors uncontrollably* 😬 

You could even get a job making coffee at Heston Services! Sorry, I'll get my coat!

Rocket R58Ceado E37SAeropressAerGrind • Puck Puck cold brew widget • VST 18g basket • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 convex black Ti/walnut tamper • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 flat sharp edge tamper • Big bag o' beans • Triumph Street Triple 675R

haha

Cant a glance at the date of the last post when replying - in this case almost 3 years ago.

Bumping old threads tends to go down badly on forums - no different here, especially when some member make short random posts to get themselves enough posts to look at the for sale forum.

Cant a glance at the date of the last post when replying - in this case almost 3 years ago.

Bumping old threads tends to go down badly on forums - no different here, especially when some member make short random posts to get themselves enough posts to look at the for sale forum.

I just checked his contributions in his profile....the value add is...mind boggling. he also forgot to do an introduction post (again increasing post count), however that might have taken more than 3 or 4 words. ;)

ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DB (paddle flow control) BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK: 145kg assorted greens: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/