Sign in to follow this  
Orangertange

Recommend a tea pot

Think I need some tea back in my life, so guess I nice teapot is a good place to start, think I'm looking at a glass one with removable infuser/filter so I can easily weigh what's going on

Interesting a clever dropper for tea, maybe worth a punt but looking for something more traditional/ pretty for when the none coffee heathens come visit

A Sowden Softbrew will probably work as a good teapot. The filter is easy to remove and clean. Of course it's a pretty good coffee brewer as well

I use this for single cups Adagio Teas IngenuiTEA Teapot - 470ml https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000FPN8TK/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_t9Wjub0GN8MVT

And if brewing for a few people one of these

London Teapot Company-Chatsford 6-Cup Teapot with One Red Filter, White https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000GIXH2O/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_r.Wjub0CJ6203

I find both work really well with loose leaf tea's

Yeah, very easy. It has a filter basket insert, so you just remove that to get the leaves out. .

Londinium L1 | Compak E8

I've got a For Life Stump and a Bredemeijer glass Teapot, both are great but the latter while pretty for colourful brews is really really brittle.

Beans, beans the musical fruit, the more you drink, the more you... *tremors uncontrollably* 😬 

I've got approximately a bajillion teapots, but my top two glass ones are probably the Assam globe tea press from Bodum - I bought mine from John Lewis, or Whittard's 'Chelsea' teapot...

Of the two, the Bodum wins points from me for the plunger mechanism that seals off the leaves in the bottom of the infuser to stop the brew, but it can't be used without the infuser.

The Chelsea teapot looks prettier imo, but the infuser is a little smaller, but the pot can be used without it.

A cafe near me uses the stump teapots and they're pretty cool and seem quite easy to clean out!

Student, Barista and Coffee Blogger!

www.samjfranklin.com | instagram: @samjfranklin

Work: La Marzocco Linea Classic (2grp), Aurelia II, 3 Mazzers, EK43, K30 Dual, CCD, v60, Hario Syphon, Kalita Wave, Aeropress | Home: Bodum Bistro Grinder, v60, Aeropress, French Press, CCD

Also check out coffeehit.co.uk because they've got a range of AWESOME tea pots

Student, Barista and Coffee Blogger!

www.samjfranklin.com | instagram: @samjfranklin

Work: La Marzocco Linea Classic (2grp), Aurelia II, 3 Mazzers, EK43, K30 Dual, CCD, v60, Hario Syphon, Kalita Wave, Aeropress | Home: Bodum Bistro Grinder, v60, Aeropress, French Press, CCD

My personal tastes in teapots lie with the Japanese cast iron Tetsubin.

I like the cast iron for keeping the tea warm for an hour or so and the cast iron cups likewise keep my hands warm throughout the cold winters.

It also serves the dual purpose of being a decorative item.

La Pavoni Europiccola Millenium - Porlex mini - Eureka Mignon Mk2

But the big question is.........does the teapot that doesn't drip or some of the tea doesn't run down the outside of the spout and make a mess exist? Or is it just my pouring technique?

Gaggia Classic w/silvia wand and PID, Brasilia RR55OD, Motta 58mm tamper, Motta Stainless Steel knock box, Motta Stainless Steel 350 & 500ml Milk Frothing Jugs, Brewista scales, Tiamo tamping station, Notneutral cups & mugs. Technovorm Mochamaster, Clever Dripper, Aeropress....Lots of determination.

I like glass teapot because it is ideal for blooming flavor tea and stylish leave unfurling. You can use teapot hotter or felted tea, comfortable to improve the warm or sustain the warm.

Ive used stump tea pots for the last few years. Work well for me

a grinder a lever and some beans

I like my For Life stump teaport. A friend also bought me a rather interesting tea pot thing like this https://birdandblendtea.com/uk_en/tea/search/earl-grey-collection/earl-grey-creme.html?___store=uk_en it's pretty decent if you're only after a single small cup. You press the button on the top to release the tea once brewed to prevent any further brewing.