Sign in to follow this  
Monkey_Boy

Hot weather = no coffe for me :(

Does anyone else find their appetite for coffee has disappeared with the arrival of this hot weather?...Its so annoying that now I have a great machine which produces the sweetest shot I've ever made at home and thanks to the weather I can't be arsed with hot drinks :(..........

Matt :)

Delonghi ESAM4200S, La Pavoni, Dualit Burr grinder, Espro Toroid, S/S Convex Tamper, Revol/Bodum/Oslo cups :coffee:

I find myself adding more hot water or a touch of milk when it is hot weather, so a short black or macchiato are enjoyed more frequently that a straight espresso.

Maybe its a subconscious thing where the body is telling you it needs more liquid.

As long as my water intake doesn't drop then my coffee intake does not decrease either.

Home Barista Training - contact me to discuss your requirements

Totally the opposite with me. Warm weather brings out the best in espresso for me, but generally tend to follow it with a glass of iced water. A quick cup just before setting off for work really sets me up for the day, and when I'm not at work, a mid-morning cafe corretto sets me up a treat!

Visit your favourite coffee bar in the hot weather, sit outside and watch the world go by.

Still learning on... Gaggia TS, Cunill Tauro, PTM Tamper, Motta Tamping Stand and Knock Box, Gaggia Milk Jug and fresh beans!

The weather has no bearing on my coffee habits at all. My favourite of the day is first thing on Sunday morning. Bliss.

Fracino Cherub, Malhkonig Vario, Espro calibrated 58mm tamper, Espro jug, ACF cups and Costa lover.

Twitter @MrsSKRobinson

Just had my first few cups for about a week.....slightly late in the evening but felt the need...I know it was only Lavazza but it tasted lovely and refreshing :)

Matt :)

Delonghi ESAM4200S, La Pavoni, Dualit Burr grinder, Espro Toroid, S/S Convex Tamper, Revol/Bodum/Oslo cups :coffee:

There's a myth that hot drinks cool you down in the heat. Don't know whether it's true, but it would be great if it was. It doesn't seem to me to make too much difference.

Well a number of cafes have been boasting of daily takings records being smashed over the past week so there may be an element of truth. Perhaps the focus is on the WBC? Lets hope its a continuing trend for all concerneds

Home Barista Training - contact me to discuss your requirements

When I was in China some many summers ago, there was, in most of the towns I visited, literally nothing safe for a foreigner to drink except hot tea, unrefrigerated beer, and packaged sugar-laden drinks. We couldn't stand the sugar coating on our teeth and drank a fair amount of both beer and hot tea. The hot tea was far, far more refreshing than I expected in the roasting-hot July weather, and we frequently turned to it rather than beer. We didn't feel it cooled us down, exactly, but it didn't seem to heat us up either, and it satisfied our thirst.

But habituated as we were to cold drinks, we still craved them, and we each downed about 40oz of ice-cold orange juice the instant we got back to Hong Kong from the then-largely-unrefrigerated mainland. It was more welcome than air-conditioning (and in Hong Kong, that's saying a lot).

Eurka Mignon grinder | Gaggia Classic | Rancilio wand | Auber Instruments PID | bottomless PF | VST baskets

Admetior digital spoon scale | OE dosing funnel | Reg Barber tamper (flat) | Bodum double-wall and Butlers.de cups

Latest beans: Londinium Decaf Costa Rican, Square Mile Tegu AA, Hands-On Lusty Glaze.

The weather has no bearing on my coffee habits at all. My favourite of the day is first thing on Sunday morning. Bliss.

Agree 100%

Gaggia Classic, Mahlkonig Vario, Espro Tamper, Bottomless Portafilter, Equal Exchange Italian Beans.