Dunerunner

Wanted - Lever Espresso Machine

Hi guys,

I'm not exactly new to the coffee thing, but have spent the last 10 years or so murdering the majority of my coffee by means of death by stove top and now wish to get something that will allow me to get some flavour into my coffee.

I'm interested in purchasing a used lever machine - I kinda like the whole thing about manually pressing out coffee - some might thing this is a bit weird, but kinda suits me really.

Has anyone got anything that might be a pealing that they'd like to sell on?

Many thanks.

Edited by Dunerunner
Spelling error

what is your budget as I have quite few lever machines waiting to go to new homes

AKA Toffee chips

Hi Coffeechap - thanks for the reply - what sort of things have you got, to be fair open to £££ suggestions?

What haven't I got, I seem to be a magpie when it comes to levers and need to get rid of a few of them, if you state a budget I can see what fits best.

AKA Toffee chips

L1, L1, L1, L1! ;)

Welcome to the form Dunerunner.

Hope you stick around and talk us through your journey...

Coffee enema anyone?

L1 L1 L1 L1....? Sounds good :confused: - Cheers and thanks - I will....!

Coffeechap - If I say I'm after a chrome based La Pavoni or Gaggia Factory G105 or something like that at around £150 - how far am I off?

Cheers

L1 L1 L1 L1....? Sounds good :confused: - Cheers and thanks - I will....!

Coffeechap - If I say I'm after a chrome based La Pavoni or Gaggia Factory G105 or something like that at around £150 - how far am I off?

Cheers

Haha, an L1 is what many consider to be one of the best lever machines available - and made right here in the UK by Londinium. There is (or was) a used one going on the For Sale thread for £1400, so guess it's only slightly over budget!?

Coffee enema anyone?

Where are you located?

Rocket Cellini Evo 2 | Mazzer Mini

Aeropress | Hario Slim

Sadly missed ex's: Gaggia Classic, Europiccola, MC2

You can find the la pavonis and gaggia 105 for that money just not one of mine!

AKA Toffee chips

I'm about to go on hols but when i get back in 10 days ill be putting up details & photos of my Ep that the mrs is making me sell :-(. Got off the forum here fairly recenty if you want to dig around. Has had a pressure gauge fitted and will come with an additional basket, some basic micro scales, a proper fitting tamper, temp strip, spare steam wand with different holes 3&1, single and double spout to choose from for the portafilter.

will be £220 + delivery

its a great little machine and has taught me a lot in a short space of time. My problem with it is that i find it quite difficult to get more than one (admittedly very good) shot without lots of faff cooling it down. It can be done relatively easily but my mrs is just unwilling to learn properly and has constantly moaned about 'the good old gaggia'.... (Which is a shame)

Aeropress | Hario Slim

I'm about to go on hols but when i get back in 10 days ill be putting up details & photos of my Ep that the mrs is making me sell :-(. Got off the forum here fairly recenty if you want to dig around. Has had a pressure gauge fitted and will come with an additional basket, some basic micro scales, a proper fitting tamper, temp strip, spare steam wand with different holes 3&1, single and double spout to choose from for the portafilter.

will be £220 + delivery

its a great little machine and has taught me a lot in a short space of time. My problem with it is that i find it quite difficult to get more than one (admittedly very good) shot without lots of faff cooling it down. It can be done relatively easily but my mrs is just unwilling to learn properly and has constantly moaned about 'the good old gaggia'.... (Which is a shame)

It should be said that this is fairly common with the EuroPiccola, they are tough to master and require practice, but at the same time incredibly satisfying when you get there. (I should state this is just from reading up, I was put off a lever like the EP as sometimes I want as little faff as possible.)

Edited by Dylan

they are tough to master and require practice, but at the same time incredibly satisfying when you get there.

...I'm not sure I agree. Yes there was a bit of wastage at first but not particularly hard in the grand scheme of things to get good coffee - not much practice required.

As to the faff, i find this only comes in if you want more than one pull. Making a sole coffee is about as easy as Nescafe! (I would imagine....)

Aeropress | Hario Slim

Hi there Delfi, excellent stuff - too bad you're going away on your hols...!

Could you send me a few pics by email before we hit the go button, but in short that all seems awesome.

Cheers

Edited by Dunerunner
Removal of email addy.

DR, I think now you have 10 posts you can send PMs (is that right?)

Just thinking of your spam folder. It's up to you but putting your email on a forum is gonna get you a million offers of marriage starting "You so lovely my dear, I hard working woman looking for man of dreams…"

Rocket R58Ceado E37SAeropressAerGrind • Puck Puck cold brew widget • VST 18g basket • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 convex black Ti/walnut tamper • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 flat sharp edge tamper • Big bag o' beans • Triumph Street Triple 675R

Cheers Hotmetal - I really am sh1t at these things so thanks fro the heads-up..!

Incidentally - if there are any nice ladies looking around..... ;-)

Hi Delfi - I'm over Norwich way....

Hello! Just wanted to say there are tons of Norwich coffee geeks on forum and off forum, me and Burnzy live near the city and are probably in it most days drinking coffee.

If you haven't yet, do go to

Kofra

The Window

Strangers

SmokeyBarn's roastery on King St

I guarantee you will have a fantastic cup of coffee either espresso or brewed and get the best beans in the above places.

We periodically meet up as well if you ever fancy it, although the last one flopped. Trying to organise a mini meet for next Fri - see the main forum.

Londinium I, Mahlkönig Vario, Hario Skerton, Chemex 1-3 Cup.

Hi aaronb - cheers, yup I know The Window - awesome espresso there...! I don't get into town too much living out if the city but would be interested in being kept in the loop on meet-ups though.

Cheers for the recommendations too..!

Do try the others, they are all very worthy.

Cool, will try and do something on a sat sometime as there's a few people Yarmouth ways and someone else in Bury, would be great if we could all meet up again!

Londinium I, Mahlkönig Vario, Hario Skerton, Chemex 1-3 Cup.

Hi there Delfi, excellent stuff - too bad you're going away on your hols...!

Could you send me a few pics by email before we hit the go button, but in short that all seems awesome. ---

Cheers

I think to clarify what hotmetal is saying a little...

There are bots that crawl sites indexed on google (like this one) looking for an email address format. If they find one they add it to a database of emails to be 'advertised to'.

I'm not sure to the extent this still happens (Google invest a lot in stopping such nefarious practices) but I never put up any of my work emails in places like this, just incase.

Cheers Hotmetal - I really am sh1t at these things so thanks fro the heads-up..!

Incidentally - if there are any nice ladies looking around..... ;-)

Ha ha! I take it from the fact you haven't edited your post to remove your email addy that you actively encourage offers of marriage from t'internet! Remember some of them may also offer you tax rebates and/or turn your computer into a zombie in a global botnet, encrypt your PC with ramsomware etc.

That said, ever since I ordered some Chinese gram scales off ebay I seem to be getting more of these mails…

:p

Rocket R58Ceado E37SAeropressAerGrind • Puck Puck cold brew widget • VST 18g basket • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 convex black Ti/walnut tamper • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 flat sharp edge tamper • Big bag o' beans • Triumph Street Triple 675R

Ha ha! I take it from the fact you haven't edited your post to remove your email addy that you actively encourage offers of marriage from t'internet! Remember some of them may also offer you tax rebates and/or turn your computer into a zombie in a global botnet, encrypt your PC with ramsomware etc.

That said, ever since I ordered some Chinese gram scales off ebay I seem to be getting more of these mails…

:p

Email addy now removed - thanks for the tip....! :-) Not really in the mood for some "yum yum massage" or whatever they're offering!

Did, you get this sorted, if not (trying to make some grinder funds) I've got a pavoni you can have for £250 with torr 51mm tamper and bottomless pf, don't live far from Norwich so can deliver,or if you want to see an l1 in action you can pick up,

• About
    Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 24000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:
    We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard. Please read our Terms of Use. We stick by them, existing members please familiarise yourselves with them.

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Click Here To Buy Advertising Space 
    £100 p/m when paid yearly, up-to: 690000 banner impressions per month!

coffee-subscription-mini.png

Become a friend of CFUK
    Buy Us A Monthly Coffee (massive thank you!) 

Donate / Sponsor

Click Here To Donate (big thank you!)

Get Your Supporter Badge Today (per year)

image.png

Coffee Forums Logo