I purchased one & had it a few weeks now. Excellent sturdy grinder. The lid does not loosen nor does the handle come off when grinding. Perfect for pour through & french press. No static whatsoever. Highly recommended.

Expobar Leva DB PID, Eureka Olympus 75E, Mazzer Super Jolly, Rhino Hand Grinder, Torr Trapez, On Balance Scales, VonShef Stainless Steel Double Wall French Press, VST 18, 20, IMS Shower Screen, V60, D'Ancap Cups/Saucers :coffee:

But its about 30 seconds of your life...

Yeah I've never understood the urge to use an electric drill or screwdriver on a handgrinder, by the time you've gone and got the damn thing out of wherever it's stored, you can damn well bet that isn't the kitchen unless you're single or a student, which will take longer than just grinding it.

Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment. Because you have to deal with everyone that doesn't have it !!!

Using a electric device would ultimately wreck the grinder

Expobar Leva DB PID, Eureka Olympus 75E, Mazzer Super Jolly, Rhino Hand Grinder, Torr Trapez, On Balance Scales, VonShef Stainless Steel Double Wall French Press, VST 18, 20, IMS Shower Screen, V60, D'Ancap Cups/Saucers :coffee:

Just recieved mine yesterday.seems well built.

Does anyone have a good starting point for the Aeropress ? How many clicks from zero

I think 3 clicks from zero has been mentioned. That is what I am using. I am away this week so will be able to play a little more with it.

I use 3 clicks for my Italian Job, and 4 for my decaff from hasbean or it chokes my classic. I've not tried too many settings for the aeropress, but it's so forgiving that I just use whatever its set to at the time.

I think 3 clicks from zero has been mentioned. That is what I am using. I am away this week so will be able to play a little more with it.

Thanks will give that a try Monday

My dad once insisted on trying with a black and decker at a slow speed on a porlex, it didn't seem to have enough torque to push it round.

- i had a porlex

- it worked fine

- i then bought a drill, at argos, for £20

- it worked awesomely for about 3 weeks

- porlex now dead, grinds wildly inconsistently with more fines and boulders than before

- so unless you can live with a 3 week life expectancy, don't use a drill, the porlex can't take the increased torque of the motor without wearing out FAST

BTW can we go back to Rhino news / reviews? :-)

I'd love to see the grind consistency compared to other similarly priced grinders... i.e. the usual suspects of Porlex, Lido etc.

At anything beyond fine (under a turn out), a Rhino/Porlex/Hario Slim isn't really a fair comparison with the Lido & Hausgrind either in grind consistency or speed. But the cheaper grinders are OK at finer settings, the finer you go the smaller the dose you'll want to grind.

“Coffee evokes the most insane reactions in people”, Rene Redzepi.

https://markwjburness.wordpress.com/

im not super impressed with consistency at finer grinds. it holds up well and is great for the price. Also, it seems like the time to grind increases exponentially the finer you go

im not super impressed with consistency at finer grinds. it holds up well and is great for the price. Also, it seems like the time to grind increases exponentially the finer you go

Do you think it more consistent at coarse grinds? With most of these smaller hand grinders burr wobble is greatly reduced around 4-5 clicks out, usually coarser than that it can wander more, giving more uneven chunks.

The finer the grind, the longer it takes, that's typical for these kinds of grinders.

i started at about 5-6 clicks out and it seems ok. i am now at 2 clicks out and thats where i notice a difference

Interesting, try loosening off a tad, give a few turns to centre everything up, go finer, check it's centre-ing up go finer... there shouldn't be much/any noticeable wiggle between inner & outer burr once you go below 4 clicks (the entire assembly might move a little), you might be able to dig your fingernails between the burrs, pull the inner burr out to check?