Sign in to follow this  
Monkey_Boy

Glenn your bound to know this......

My double baskets gone and died and its the only one I use, its 53mm and I've heard they are quite cheap to buy in bulk??.......also why would it die?......its got a small hole and what looks like a small rubber gasket....looks all very unnecessary...I just want a plain double one.....:(

Matt :)

Delonghi ESAM4200S, La Pavoni, Dualit Burr grinder, Espro Toroid, S/S Convex Tamper, Revol/Bodum/Oslo cups :coffee:

No need to buy in bulk - you can pick up 53mm baskets fairly cheaply as singles.

Sounds like a pressurised basket that you currently use.

Let me dig out a link for you for some 53mm basket options

53mm La Spaziale baskets should fit nicely

CoffeeHit

Happy Donkey

As to why they die, pressure build up, heat, wear and tear - they all take their toll on baskets

Edited by Glenn

Home Barista Training - contact me to discuss your requirements

Just ordered through coffee hit.....I've used those and less hidden fees and cheaper postage than happy donkey...........thanks again dude :)......

Delonghi ESAM4200S, La Pavoni, Dualit Burr grinder, Espro Toroid, S/S Convex Tamper, Revol/Bodum/Oslo cups :coffee:

Ok just had a thought, what difference will the non-pressurised basket make??........and why do they put pressurised ones on in the 1st place??

Just wondering will the pressure on my machine be to much for a non pressurised basket??..............I can't see that it will but you never know...

No, you'd need a heck of a lot more pressure to bend a basket out of shape.

Thanks as always dude :)

Sadly it doesn't fit, arrived this morning and the rim is too wide....the basket fits in snug and tight but can't get it under my group head :(......don't know what to do now.....

no file and pretty much bored with no coffee.........I'll just return I guess :(

Best to return then

Is it a case of the basket being too wide or too high (eg a thinner gasket is required)?

Trying to find a UK Briel dealer is difficult. This is one of the pitfalls of using machines not widely available.

indeed dude, returned it shall be.....just emailed my contact in Portugal to see if some could be sent......I just didn't want a pressurised one if possible......if I had the tools it would be easy to adapt the one from Coffee Hit.......