Sign in to follow this  
feef

an unusual use for pucks

Coffee pucks. Soft enough to do no damage, explode on impact and ideal for throwing at cats that shit in your garden.

Not endorsed but I like it!

Home Barista Training - contact me to discuss your requirements

Coffee pucks. Soft enough to do no damage, explode on impact and ideal for throwing at cats that shit in your garden.

As a cat lover, I would not do this but it did make me smile.

Fracino Cherub, Malhkonig Vario, Espro calibrated 58mm tamper, Espro jug, ACF cups and Costa lover.

Twitter @MrsSKRobinson

At least its a biologically friendly approach

ECM Barista, Mazzer Royal, Bialetti Brikka, Aeropress, Reverse osmosis water system, home made Vanilla Syrup, Espresso Gear Barista tamper.

I don't dislike cats, but I think we must be the only house in rye street that doesn't have a cat and the backgarden is getting like a giant communal litter tray.

We're expecting our first child in July and I would really like to let it play on the garden in time, but right now I can't even mow the lawn without getting sprayed. :(

Thats the problem with cats...you can't contol them....being cats and all! We have 3 (and a lab) and it's a pain in the arse! We live in a victorian mid-terrace house wih a back yard and a couple of raised beds. When we bought the place in 07 the beds contained gravel! Great! Cat litter then!

Get yourself a dog, we never get random cats in our garden!

(taken bout 3 years ago, me and the woofer! Oliver.)

th_Woof.jpg

Lee

Coffee consultant, barista trainer & technician based in North Devon!

Email me! Tweet me!

Call me! 07455 188935

We just don't have the room for a dog, despite it being something we'd both like to own.

On a bit of a tangent from coffee, I've been looking at cat scarers, and a lot of them use ultrasonics which are designed to scare off "Cat, Feral Cat, Dog, Fox, Squirrel, Rabbit, Badger, Deer and Rat". But I'm quite fond of watching the squirrels playing when I'm working (I work from home and my office is in the conservatory).

Anyone got any other cat-repelling ideas that doesn't repel every other creature?

a

"Anyone got any other cat-repelling ideas that doesn't repel every other creature?"

Ground coffee is supposed to repel them! Certainly worth trying spreading your mashed up pucks on the garden.

If that doesn't work there's always lion poo (seriously!). Works on the principal that the cat thinks that the garden is inhabited by a monster moggy, and they keep clear. You can sometimes buy it in garden centres or Amazon sell a product based on it.

On a serious note don't let your missus clean the cat shit up if she's pregnant.Toxoplasmosis can be dangerous to pregnant women and unborn babies.Just keep on firing them pucks.

Edited by cold war kid

Had to laugh at the lion poo comment though.I had a vision of some one running round Knowsley safari park with a shovel.

Had to laugh at the lion poo comment though.I had a vision of some one running round Knowsley safari park with a shovel.

how fast would you have to run

Never too old to learn, often too old to remember

Sage Dual Boiler, Bratatz Sette 270,Fracino Cherub FOR SALE, Macap M5 grinder FOR SALE, Hario drip, kettle, Hario hand grinder, Chemex , replaced again, broke yet again :( , Aeropress, french press, Motta jug,flat and convex tamper, Hario Syphon

SKINT BUT HAPPY

On a serious note don't let your missus clean the cat shit up if she's pregnant.Toxoplasmosis can be dangerous to pregnant women and unborn babies.Just keep on firing them pucks.

I know all about toxoplasmosis, that's one of the reasons I don't want our kiddie running about out there unless I can be sure it's relatively free of the stuff

a

I've seen those pretend cats in betterware, kind of like a scare crow for puddy cats! I can't imagine that it would work though! Coal tar soap is supposed to work, you grate around the perimiter and it keeps them away. It makes tour garden smell like your granny though!

P.s. Moved to OT.

Coffee consultant, barista trainer & technician based in North Devon!

Email me! Tweet me!

Call me! 07455 188935