Neill

Hg one experiences

I tried grinding into a paper cup, stirring with a spoon and then pouring into the PF using the tumbler as a funnel. This did the trick - really good, even extraction and the proof was in the taste. Loads better.

Since I'm a bit of a perfectionist, I've inserted a tiny paper shim between the body and the burr mount which is just enough to tip the angle of the outer burr back into a better alignment. To the eye, it's now perfectly level. I suspect this is probably the same on all or a lot of models, but not everyone would look as closely or be bothered about it.

My grinder was also misaligned and could not be adjusted by tilting the burr mount, since this adjustment rotates the mount parallel to the back plate only. Craig at HG1 suggested I try shimming with paper to see if this would correct the tilt. Must have cleared something lodged in the mount, since the alignment improved after removing the paper shim. I used a small camera directly under the burrs to assist in centering.

Strietman CT1, DE1PRO, EG-1 v2, HG-1, Kinu M47, Baratza Vario brew, Lido E, RB 58.5, Reneka Micro Sieve, VST

Just curious - has anyone ever had one of these and ended up going back to a motorised grinder? They look really good but just wondered if anyone (teething problems aside) had ever decided that a 'conventional' grinder was just a better option......

La Marzocco Linea Mini, HG One and a Bezzera Strega (for sale!)

Went from HG One to EK43. Recently bought another HG One - they kind of get under your skin for some reason.

Londinium-R - EKS43 running SSP Silver Knight burrs

Went from HG One to EK43. Recently bought another HG One - they kind of get under your skin for some reason.

And I'm looking forward to your postings about servicing it…..

Can't imagine me going back. You can really feel the beans as they grind, and you get a great aroma too. Brilliant result in the cup and built to outlast me. It is a ritual which I think you either love or will get bored with pretty quickly.

@coffeechap Thanks for the heads up on this !

Attention all HG1 owners if your able to attach clamps to your grinder please do so you won't regret it. Super stable with no wobbles, granted it won't win prizes for artistic looks but for functionality and rock solid stability it works a treatac42628af948b7fb8c5821686fe74fc1.jpg

Hottop roaster, Mazzer Super Jolly Areopress, Clever Coffee Dripper

I'd love to stick one of these on my work bench and check them with a DTI etc. If anyone is bored with theirs or simply wants to find out if the grinder is running true let me know:) Surrey area would be best but anything nearby would work as well. I could pick it up Sat and return Sun:)

T.

Espresso: Londinium L1, ZR-71 grinder

Photography: Flickr

I'd love to stick one of these on my work bench and check them with a DTI etc. If anyone is bored with theirs or simply wants to find out if the grinder is running true let me know:) Surrey area would be best but anything nearby would work as well. I could pick it up Sat and return Sun:)

T.

If your coming nearby Ilford your welcome to pop in and borrow the HG1 for a while...

Are we talking Ilford next to Stratford (within the M25?) If so I'm definitely up for it, just not this weekend as I'm picking up an L1.

T.

EDIT: Stratford indeed:)

Edited by dsc

Espresso: Londinium L1, ZR-71 grinder

Photography: Flickr

If you mean Stratford then yes it's within M25