Spazbarista

How Hipsters ruined your coffee

I came back from 5-2 down at tennis tonight to win 7-5.

I also hate aubergines. If someone wants to set up a forum so we can bitch about them (and courgettes, they're rubbish and all,) I'll join!

I like dark roast in an Espresso, a bit lighter in a Cappuccino. To be quite honest, no troll, I really was beginning to think it was a sign of my lack of knowledge and/or ability to use my Classic! I think I should probably stop worrying and drink more!

Rocket R58Ceado E37SAeropressAerGrind • Puck Puck cold brew widget • VST 18g basket • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 convex black Ti/walnut tamper • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 flat sharp edge tamper • Big bag o' beans • Triumph Street Triple 675R

Aubergines are in the top 3 vegetables ever

Do you really need a VST basket for an aubergine, its not like they are hard to extract is it?

@garydyke1

Can be slightly bitter sometimes, best use an ims. Suit a dark roast but also nice with a hint of lemon

Aubergines are in the top 3 vegetables ever

Yeah but it depends on the chef.

Only a good chef can get the best out of them

Yeah but it depends on the chef.

Only a good chef can get the best out of them

Char-grill the aubergines , Slather them in high grade olive oil, lemon juice, chopped mint and parsley..crumble of feta..onto toasted fresh sourdough.

@garydyke1

Char-grill the aubergines , Slather them in high grade olive oil, lemon juice, chopped mint and parsley..crumble of feta..onto toasted fresh sourdough.

Parmagiane for me

drooooooooool

beans beans the musical fruit....

Parmagiane for me

Ah another excellent choice, perhaps some fresh marjoram or oregano in that instance?

Hungry now

@garydyke1

Knew there was something I need to bring back from italy ! Wonderful olive oil!

AKA Toffee chips

Knew there was something I needs to bring back from italy ! Wonderful olive oil!

Jealous . We try and bring some back everytime we have a holiday there & wine!

@garydyke1

We visited some farms in Tuscany, the oil olive was off the chart. One place we visited we side-by-side tasted 3 different oils .....they only made enough of their best pressing for familiy and friends, gave it away to them for free - man that stuff was so so sweet and flavourful. The next pressing/grade was for sale for visitors/tourists at 15 euros for 125ml & that was better than 99.9% of whats on UK shelves, bright green , fresh , aromatic and savoury.

The stuff we get here is mainly pants : (

@garydyke1

Knew there was something I need to bring back from italy ! Wonderful olive oil!

+1 And the balsamic is to die for!

DE1Pro, EK43 SSP, bloody tasty coffee!

GrindScience.com - My blog of coffee related ramblings

I've only splurged on one bottle of proper olive oil, was after reading giorgio locatelli' s book and he spends about ten pages going on about finding good oils and how to taste them properly. Think it was about 15 quid for a tiny bottle but it was so good. Tasted like grass, but in a positive way

Ooooo I can get the good stuff here

AKA Toffee chips

Ooooo I can get the good stuff here

Perhaps a sideline for ya!

@garydyke1