Sold Eureka Mignon £180 delivered £165 coll

Hello, so after an upgrade to a Mazzer SJ my Mignon is up for sale.

The Burrs are still in great condition with a good edge on them, it was a raffle win on these here forums, and I think had just about enough through it before it came to me to season the burrs. Since then it has probably had maybe 15-20kg go through it, so still a lot of life left in the burrs yet. I have just given it a complete strip clean so there isn't even a crumb of coffee lurking inside.

The body of the grinder has a few marks on the paint, the worst of which is in a photo below, but it is otheriwise in good nick. I removed the portafilter 'holder' (the bit of metal you rest the portafilter on when your grinding) as it was of little use, especially as I use a naked portafilter, and I'm afraid I cant find it so it will come without that.

The hopper is the larger type, it was cleaned by my flatmate using an abrasive cleaner, I have done my best to polish out the worst of the scratches but it is still a little 'misty' from these, there is also a chip on the bottom of the hopper, which is at the back left when in use. You can see all of this in the photos below.

Asking price £200 delivered

9nW9uWBl.jpg?1CY9tuKHl.jpg?1

KGuVHWUl.jpg?1U3X5A6Hl.jpg?1

Bf3RO7rl.jpg?132TVdHql.jpg?1

OyqAPZrl.jpgut26GKvl.jpg

mNlOqT7l.jpg

Edited by Dylan
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Make sure you pack it well enough and with enough insurance....sent my gaggia out the other day and the water tank got smashed in transit!

Anyway, good luck with this sale and hope you're enjoying the SJ.

Rob

Make sure you pack it well enough and with enough insurance....sent my gaggia out the other day and the water tank got smashed in transit!

Anyway, good luck with this sale and hope you're enjoying the SJ.

Rob

Thanks Trebor, always extra careful with stuff when I post, which is why I haven't offered it for postage as of yet, as I can't be sure it will be safe, going to wrap it up tight if it goes delivered :)

David, on the basis that I am going to have to redecorate my house to match that lovely shade of blue, I would offer £150 plus postage at cost. Please say yes or no as I will not be able to increase that offer!

Dylan, my offer will be withdrawn at 6 pm tonight.......even though you have already knocked it back, just in case you want it as a fall back to position. I am going to see another grinder locally tonight.

I disagree!! The colour is awful and the scratches cannot be fixed. If I got it, I would have it repainted hence my offer. You are still making a canny profit Dylan since it cost you the price of a raffle ticket !

Tell you what, £155 and that's me out!!

Why do you think bb sent that colour grinder to the grind off.....lol

I disagree!! The colour is awful and the scratches cannot be fixed. If I got it, I would have it repainted hence my offer. You are still making a canny profit Dylan since it cost you the price of a raffle ticket !

Tell you what, £155 and that's me out!!

Why do you think bb sent that colour grinder to the grind off.....lol

It's money that's already invested in another grinder, I'm hardly winning the raffle and selling for profit its just time to move it on and I would like what its worth.

The scratches on the body of the grinder are mild and would likely come out with a bit of t-cut if you so wanted, but I never even noticed them until I inspected it. A new hopper comes in at around £25 so a £50 reduction on what these generally sell for it asking a bit much. I never found the colour at all offensive, but each to their own.

Ok Dylan, that's fair enough but mint ones usually sell on here for £220 and you know you can buy them new for £265. It needs a hopper, a pf holder and the paintwork done before it is worth anything like £220. If it is so easy, why don't you do it as I am going to have to. If I am going to do it, then it has to be worth my while. Even at £150, the paint is going to be £40 done properly, from memory the hoppers are £30 and I have no idea what the pf holder is if I can source one.

Anyway, good luck as you are going to need it. You could always stick it on eBay if you have faith in your valuation.

Mine went for 200 iirc and it was mint. Wouldn't pay 200 for one this condition personally

And perhaps a for sale thread for a grinder you have no interest in is not the best place to air your views?

The condition of the grinder is perfectly clear from my original post for any potential buyer to see, and if someone wants to make me an offer then I can consider it.

• 2 weeks later...

This has taken a back seat to a busy life for a while but is still available if anyone is interested.

I'll take this down to £180 delivered, £165 collected from Manchester. It's not immaculate but I don't think you will find another Mignon for less.

I know you will say no Dylan, but my £150 still stands if you want and I will arrange the courier if you will wrap it properly. I have to have thta price t help towards the cost of re-painting it.

• About
    Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 24000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:
    We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard. Please read our Terms of Use. We stick by them, existing members please familiarise yourselves with them.

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Click Here To Buy Advertising Space 
    £100 p/m when paid yearly, up-to: 690000 banner impressions per month!

coffee-subscription-mini.png

Become a friend of CFUK
    Buy Us A Monthly Coffee (massive thank you!) 

Donate / Sponsor

Click Here To Donate (big thank you!)

Get Your Supporter Badge Today (per year)

image.png

Coffee Forums Logo