Jon

SOLD Fracino Cherub

I'd rather others replied in some way as I have a vested interest in promoting this item! However, I've had a Cherub and a Heavenly and I have been exceptionally pleased with both. The milk steaming is easy I find shots consistent. The one irritation is the silly small drip tray but all in all they're great machines. I'm only selling this as I got a really excellent deal on a Rocket that I couldn't say no to and the Rocket is lovelier still.

As I say over to the others to give you their independent view.

Happy for you to see try etc with no obligation or expectation!

The Artist Formerly Known As 'jonc' | All the gear, almost no idea.

Thanks Jonc, and hopefully others ;-)

Are there any accessories with it? What in the way of portafilters/tampers etc?

Also, what the story with your listing it on Ebay for best offer? is there a time limit? I'm interested but need to think about it!

Izzo Alex II, bottomless portafilter. Iberital MC2, Espresso Gear Attento Click Tamping Mat, knock tamper

Thanks Jonc, and hopefully others ;-)

Are there any accessories with it? What in the way of portafilters/tampers etc?

Also, what the story with your listing it on Ebay for best offer? is there a time limit? I'm interested but need to think about it!

Erm, standard handle and portafilters, will probably keep my high quality Happy Donkey tamper!

It's up on Ebay as I wanted to reach both audiences; I'm listing it here at about 12% less.

There's no rush at all from my side - but obviously if someone buys it on ebay at full price I can't do much. In the meantime if I get a best offer on ebay that I'm considering I'll post it here with the equivalent price I'd accept through here. It'll be 10/11/12% less based on no fees!

i used my cherub with an MC2 when i was starting off. It was OK, but soon I wanted to change to something better to get the best out of the machine.

Mazzer Super Jolly - Expobar Brewtus IV-R - Knock 58.35mm Tamper - 17g LM Strada - IMS Screen - Inker Cups

Not sure if the grinder I'm selling is 'better' - but if it was, and you wanted it, and you took the Cherub, then I'd swap the grinders without cost - I've seen doserless mods on them on here - but best to decide yourself/research/check with others if this would be worthwhile - or a step sideways/back!

Hi Shrink, thanks for that.

Jonc, Thanks for the grinder offer - I will have a read about them - although tonight I'm off to a barista course so it will have to wait!

Where about in Kent are you? Standard "portafilters" doesn't include a naked one? And would you accept an offer or is £399 the final price? ;-)

Thanks!

Izzo Alex II, bottomless portafilter. Iberital MC2, Espresso Gear Attento Click Tamping Mat, knock tamper

well jonc..... if i don't win the raffle tonight, maybe we'll chat about this Cherub ;)

Mazzer Super Jolly - Expobar Brewtus IV-R - Knock 58.35mm Tamper - 17g LM Strada - IMS Screen - Inker Cups

Where about in Kent are you? Standard "portafilters" doesn't include a naked one? And would you accept an offer or is £399 the final price? ;-)

Near Maidstone. No nakedness, I'm afraid! Always open to discussion/offers!

well jonc..... if i don't win the raffle tonight, maybe we'll chat about this Cherub ;)

Sounds good, I shall wish you raffle luck nonetheless!

These machines are fantastic value for the quality they produce. A huge leap up from using a Classic or Silvia.

<a href="https://twitter.com/grahmart" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false">Follow @grahmart</a>

<script>!function(d,s,id){var js,fjs=d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0],p=/^http:/.test(d.location)?'http':'https';if(!d.getElementById(id)){js=d.createElement(s);js.id=id;js.src=p+'://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js';fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js,fjs);}}(document, 'script', 'twitter-wjs');</script>

B2C! Nooool! ;)

Hi Jonc,

Would you accept an offer of £350 (+ 30-35 shipping to Exeter?)

Thanks

J

Hi J

Thanks for the offer it is a wee bit less than I was thinking of, but I would probably go to £375?

I think you asked me where in Kent I am - and I wondered do you ever get to Kent or the M25/London way at all - or East at all - it's just in a way I'd be happier with you seeing/playing first?

Cheers

Jon

Hi Jonc,

Would you accept an offer of £350 (+ 30-35 shipping to Exeter?)

Thanks

J

I would be prepared to send it but would just want you to be 100% happy with it first! Thanks!

Hi Jonc,

Sorry for the delay in replying. I really like the idea of coming to have a play before picking it up, especially as I might be able to pick up some top tips! I do get up to St Albans and even London on occasion, but on the train, so getting down to Maidstone may be a bit of a push - especially to bring back a 25kg machine on the train! Sometime in the future I will be planning a visit to Kent but thats prob a long time away... Soooo.... Unless you'd be happy to hang on for a bit, perhaps shipping would be the best option?

Thanks!

J

Happy to hang on for a bit. Or happy to demo and then ship afterwards - though couriers + coffee machines terrify me. Basically I'm easy!

Hi again, can I accept £375, and we can discuss how I can get it on pm?

Thanks! J

I have sent you a PM

If your making an offer for the item can you do it on the sale thread here please not via pm.

thanks

I write a blog, it's nothing to do with coffee ...

https://rjwinc.wordpress.com

Instagram - rjw_inc

Guys can you conclude any details of a sale on here please before going to pm .

I write a blog, it's nothing to do with coffee ...

https://rjwinc.wordpress.com

Instagram - rjw_inc

If your making an offer for the item can you do it on the sale thread here please not via pm.

thanks

I respectfully informed Flanners of this. I don't think he realised.

Basically situation is this:

The water beeper isn't working reliably so I need to ring fracino.

I'll hold on a firm decision until I speak to them - if someone wants to collect it personally before then - as is - for 375 - they can!

Great thanks Jonc. Let me know when you do. J

Thanks J. Will update ASAP!

Hi Jonc,

what exactly does the water beeper do?

Cheers J

Basically situation is this:

The water beeper isn't working reliably so I need to ring fracino.

I had this problem. Got it fixed by Fracino under warranty. They replaced the water tank - a £20 job. Many machines I'm sure don't even have this feature.

Otherwise just keep an eye on the water level as it runs down a lot quicker than you think, especially when pulling several shots back to back dialling in new beans.

• About:

Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 22000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:

We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Terms of Use

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Buy Advertising Space

Donate

Get Your Supporter Badge (per year)