Jon

SOLD Fracino Cherub

A Cherub in good condition - it has a slight knock on the bottom back right corner and the outer case is slightly bent as a result, absolutely no effect on function and not that obvious (see photo) other than that it's just had new shower screen and gaskets and a VERY good clean! Oh, worth descaling!

I bought recently from someone. Love it, but a Giotto came up that I couldn't say no to.

Checked with Fracino - manufactured in 10/2011

Reduced to £375 to first picker upper!

Based in Kent, open to offers, can deliver/meet. I've used anyvan for collection before and found their book it now service will get most stuff to most places for £30-35!

Also selling this grinder - happy to do a deal for both - http://coffeeforums.co.uk/showthread.php?16660-Cunill-Fracino-Iberital-Tauro

Cherub 1.jpg

Cherub 3.jpg

Cherub 2.jpg

Edited by The Systemic Kid

The Artist Formerly Known As 'jonc' | All the gear, almost no idea.

The wrod 'alleged' is not going to help you! If there is a serial number then you can phone Fracino and they will confirm its age.

Just being honest! OK, thanks will do that now.

No one says that you are not being honest! The truth is, if it is 12 months old, then that is a very fair price. If it is not, then you may have to reconsider!

No one says that you are not being honest! The truth is, if it is 12 months old, then that is a very fair price. If it is not, then you may have to reconsider!

Updated accordingly! (What's a fair price!)

jon, this is meant in a friendly way, so please do not take offense. The forum is a nice happy place where people sell equipment between themselves. This is usually based on members knowing that what they are buying has been some one else pride and joy, well looked after, regularly serviced and maintained, knowledge of the sort of water it has been fed, etc etc. We normally sell things at around the expected ebay price minus about 15% which covers fees and means that each party is not losing out. Included in all of this would be the age of the machine and how much use it has had.

You put one up for sale. You do not know where it has come from, how it has been looked after, what use it has had, or its age. you now discover, that the machine you mistakenly bought as a year old is nearer 3. it does not look in pristine condition, and you come on asking what people would pay for such a poorly described beast. you then after researching fleabay, make you own mind up on valuation and stick an advert up.

well, good luck mate, but for me, Caveat Emptor runs very true. I think a machine with next to no history has next to no value, so I would stick it on ebay and let someone else worry about it. a tad harsh some might say......probably but someone had to say it! I see your machine at £250 tops, unless you can provide some genuine information to fill in the gaps

I'm interested but will need to measure the space i got between my cabinets to see if will fit, might be a bit tight hence was considering Piccino...

No worries, if you want to look (or even try it in the gap if you're local!) you're very welcome!

Unfortunately I'm in Glasgow so would need to arrange delivery :(

jon, this is meant in a friendly way, so please do not take offense. The forum is a nice happy place where people sell equipment between themselves. This is usually based on members knowing that what they are buying has been some one else pride and joy, well looked after, regularly serviced and maintained, knowledge of the sort of water it has been fed, etc etc. We normally sell things at around the expected ebay price minus about 15% which covers fees and means that each party is not losing out. Included in all of this would be the age of the machine and how much use it has had.

You put one up for sale. You do not know where it has come from, how it has been looked after, what use it has had, or its age. you now discover, that the machine you mistakenly bought as a year old is nearer 3. it does not look in pristine condition, and you come on asking what people would pay for such a poorly described beast. you then after researching fleabay, make you own mind up on valuation and stick an advert up.

well, good luck mate, but for me, Caveat Emptor runs very true. I think a machine with next to no history has next to no value, so I would stick it on ebay and let someone else worry about it. a tad harsh some might say......probably but someone had to say it! I see your machine at £250 tops, unless you can provide some genuine information to fill in the gaps

I think it would be hard not to take offence to this! But I won't! I've seen you "bashing" plenty of people on here over the past few days.

What gaps do you want filling in, if I can fill them in with honest info I will, but I won't make assumptions or say something unless I know it to be true.

I'm an honest person and I have described the item honestly; I'm not sure why that offends you!?

Is it the price, the description, what's bothering you? I've been a member here since 2010, been Barista trained by Glenn, I would happily offer my advice if it was educated and well informed so I'm not sure why you are taking offence (again)!

Unfortunately I'm in Glasgow so would need to arrange delivery :(

No worries. Delivery isn't a problem. Given dfk41's extreme reaction to this thread I suppose it may be better if a buyer sees the item though - up to you!

OK price has been indicated . People are free to make offers given the info on the machine and these can be accepted or not.Let's leave this open to people interested in buying now thanks.

I write a blog, it's nothing to do with coffee ...

https://rjwinc.wordpress.com

Instagram - rjw_inc

jon, I am either going to dig myself in deeper, or not. In my view, there is a difference in value between

Fracino Cherub, one careful owner from new, (me) , bought in 2011 from xxxxx. Only run on bottled water, regularly serviced with seals changed, backflushed and descaled. Small ding in one corner but does not seem to affect it performing.

and

Fracino Cheurb, no idea of its past history, who owned it or where it has been used. No idea when last backflushed or descaled or had seals changed. In fact, I do not even know what year it was built or sold but lets say it is 12 months old which is what the chap i bought it from thought.

Which machine would you buy?.....especially if they are the same price. You know nothing about this machine, unless you do and have just not put it in the advert. therefore, the sale cannot really give any peace of mind, in my view, but, not every one thinks like me. You have not offended me, and I hope I have not offended you. But, what I am saying, and let us be crystal clear, is that since you really know nothing about this machines past, how can you expect a forum member to buy it with any confidence, unless the price reflects that

I clearly DIDN'T say it was 12 months old. I said the person I bought it from SAID it was and I was VERY clear that this wasn't backed up - and then when you said 'give the serial to Fracino and get the date', I did - immediately - and posted it here.

I have described it honestly - very honestly - I'm not asking anyone to buy it or not buy it; I'm listing it honestly, will answer any questions honestly and will be happy for anyone to come see it, try it and see if they want to buy it.

I'm open to offers.

I don't understand what it is you want me to do; I can't say it's something it isn't. It is as described and I will consider offers based on what someone thinks it's worth.

Seriously, what else can I possibly do here?!

I promised boots I would shut up......therefore my lips are sealed. Good luck with the sale

Happy to have a pm or phone discussion if preferable - it seems certain users can't post on here without you giving them a hard time - and I'm not sure what that's about.

Can PM you my number if you want to talk.

I have no wish to pm with you. On a forum, everyone is entitled to their opinion, and that is exactly what it is. Only a court of law has the ability to direct right from wrong and pass judgement. I am not a court of law, merely expressing my opinion. It may well differ from yours, and indeed, everyone else who posts on here but it is still my opinion and therefore equally as valid as yours.

So, thank you for your kind offer of getting into an argument behind the scenes, but I do not wish to do that.

It's really easy to misunderstand each other in type - and I was hoping not for an argument, but for a 5 minute chat so I could understand what's upsetting you about the posts that you've been getting in a tizzy about - and why I've seen you lay into multiple people with little reason this past week.

It's telling to me that you're happy to type-snipe anyone who comes on here and upsets you, but unwilling to justify your actions in a normal adult discussion.

All the relevant info available is now there for people to make a decision as to whether they wish to buy this item at the asking price or make an offer to the seller for the to consider.

Thanks martin .

I write a blog, it's nothing to do with coffee ...

https://rjwinc.wordpress.com

Instagram - rjw_inc

Given the timing of manufacture, I assume it doesn't have a removable water tank. How hard is it to fill?

Given the timing of manufacture, I assume it doesn't have a removable water tank. How hard is it to fill?

Yes - not removable!

If it's in a confined space those 5 litre Ashbeck bottles can be tricky! But the 2 litres are easy enough; I still prefer the 5 litres because they're less faff to carry and I have room above (as my picture may show!)

p.s. now on ebay with best offers - still prefer to sell here and willing to discount any offer I'd accept via ebay by (minimum) 10% here.

Unfortunately the space I have is just under 34cm wide so this won't fit :(

Bump: price lowered!

Hi Jonc, all,

I've got a Gaggia Classic (with OPV done), and Iberital MC2. If I were to upgrade, would the MC2 be sufficient to get me going? I wouldn't be able to upgrade that for a while afterwards!

Also, I imagine it would be a massive step up in temperature consistency, etc. How is it for steaming milk?

Thanks for your help!

J

Izzo Alex II, bottomless portafilter. Iberital MC2, Espresso Gear Attento Click Tamping Mat, knock tamper

• About:

Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 22000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:

We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Terms of Use

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Buy Advertising Space

Donate

Get Your Supporter Badge (per year)