IGNORED

Fracino Dual Fuel Gas Consumption

Hello all,

I am about to purchase a contempo 2 group dual fuel and was wondering what the best LPG bottle is to team them with 3.9, 6, 13kg etc.

I am limited for space as I am converting a 1982 piaggio pickup so the bottle will be underneath the bed caged during events.

Also how much gas will a Fracino realistically use during an 8 hour trading day. Having never used a gas machine it is a real unknown.

Thank in advance

Hi,

I use a dual fuel contempo and trade 5 hours a day and 5 days a week and a 10kg gas bottle lasts me between 3 and 4 weeks.

Don't know where u are getting your machine but I can do you a fantastic deal on one.....! ;-)

Andy

• 6 years later...
On 15/05/2014 at 11:36, coffeebean said:

Hi,

I use a dual fuel contempo and trade 5 hours a day and 5 days a week and a 10kg gas bottle lasts me between 3 and 4 weeks.

Don't know where u are getting your machine but I can do you a fantastic deal on one.....! 😉

Andy

Hi Andy I need some help with exactly this! Can you advise me?  Many thanks, Anna

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/03/2021 at 20:12, AnnaA said:

Hi Andy I need some help with exactly this! Can you advise me?  Many thanks, Anna

Help with which bit? Sourcing a machine or gas usage? 

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I am looking at the duel fuel Francino...

... and I was wondering what the difference is between gas and electricity with regards to cost and energy efficiency?

thanks for all your feedback! 

6 minutes ago, M coffee said:

Hello,

I am looking at the duel fuel Francino...

... and I was wondering what the difference is between gas and electricity with regards to cost and energy efficiency?

thanks for all your feedback! 

@M coffee Welcome to the forum....usually the choice is not really about whether electric or gas is cheaper but about flexibility and necessity. The actual cost of a big gas cylinder is negligible to the profit made by having a working coffee machine.

• Like 1

899161310_ricehaiku.JPG.d69e44c11eab9645400547eea500ba1c.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there!

I have just discovered your lovely forum and I hope you can help me with my question.

Currently I am putting a Fracino Retro Dual Fuel into operation  and I was wondering how critical the exact gas pressure is. The manual says 28mbar for Butane and 37mbar for Propane. Would it also be possible to use a 30mbar pressure regulator?

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, abcoffee said:

Hi there!

I have just discovered your lovely forum and I hope you can help me with my question.

Currently I am putting a Fracino Retro Dual Fuel into operation  and I was wondering how critical the exact gas pressure is. The manual says 28mbar for Butane and 37mbar for Propane. Would it also be possible to use a 30mbar pressure regulator?

I think the regulators are nominal 28-30 for butane and propane low pressure regulators are usually 37 mbar. If using butane 30 will probably be fine, but not for propane you will need 37 mb.

If you're running dual fuel and expect low temps, especially if storing the cylinder outside or caged...Cylinders are sold by weight of gas and propane has more energy per Kg than Butane (so can be cheaper, although they may have fixed that now)..., Butane doesn't work very well once the ambient gets to 3C or so.

P.S. many, many, years ago I had a caravan....

Edited by DavecUK
  • Like 1

899161310_ricehaiku.JPG.d69e44c11eab9645400547eea500ba1c.JPG

6 hours ago, abcoffee said:

Hi there!

Why would you want to use a 30 m/bar reg ? what is it off ?  non standard or is it adjustable ?

The 28 m/bar for butane and 37 m/bar for propane are standard for 'normal' pressure take off's unless you have need for higher take off's 

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, El carajillo said:

Why would you want to use a 30 m/bar reg ? what is it off ?  non standard or is it adjustable ?

The 28 m/bar for butane and 37 m/bar for propane are standard for 'normal' pressure take off's unless you have need for higher take off's 

37mbar regulators seem to be quite unusual, at least here in Germany...

in contrast, 30mbar regulators are easily available since they are commonly used for other purposes (gas grills, caravans).

Edited by abcoffee

What gases  are used in Germany ? Are they mixed gasses ?   The camping Gaz regs are 28 m/bar.

I would be guided by the  coffee machine manual with ref to  regulator pressure setting as the jets are supplied to suit the type of gas and pressure supply.