davetucker

My First Setup - La Pavoni Europiccola and Eureka Mignon

Here is my coffee corner...

u3a5y5u8.jpg

a5a9yha7.jpg

Mignon was from Bella Barista and La Pav from CFUK's very own Soll.

Motta Jug and Monin Hazelnut syrup for Lattes (wife bribes). Grindstein knock box as the Motta was out of stock at cream supplies.

Just getting the Mignon dialled in and working on my technique (limbering up for Fellini manoeuvres) before upgraditis sets in...

Mjnd you, a Torr tamper would be nice...

La Pavoni Europiccola, Eureka Mignon

Aeropress, Chemex CM-6A, Kalita Wave #155, Bodum French Press, Homeloo Kettle, Hario Slim

Sweet setup...what's wrong with your tamper then...looks like it will work fine to me?

http://coffeetime.wikidot.com/blap14-the-aggrovoni

My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/ - Various Machines and grinders, Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster: YouTube channel at https://tinyurl.com/szhgxzl .......

Sweet setup...what's wrong with your tamper then...looks like it will work fine to me?

http://coffeetime.wikidot.com/blap14-the-aggrovoni

Aggrovoni - NICE!

Wrong with the tamper? Nothing... but it's not as shiny as this one

I think I should probably *enjoy* some coffee for a while rather than getting a new tamper, but it's fun to want ;)

Aeropress, Chemex CM-6A, Kalita Wave #155, Bodum French Press, Homeloo Kettle, Hario Slim

Aggrovoni - NICE!

Wrong with the tamper? Nothing... but it's not as shiny as this one

I think I should probably *enjoy* some coffee for a while rather than getting a new tamper, but it's fun to want ;)

Pish, I have had my tamper 10 years something very special about my tamper...

This is my tamper. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My tamper is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My tamper, without me, is useless. Without my tamper, I am useless. I must use my tamper true. I must tamp straighter than any other who is trying to out tamp me. I must out-tamp him before he out-tamps me. I will... My tamper and myself know that what counts in this espresso is not the grounds we tamp, the noise of our grinder, nor the machine we use. We know that it is the tamp that counts. We will tamp... My tamper is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weakness, its strength, its parts, its accessories, its base and its handle. I will keep my tamper clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready. We will become part of each other. We will.... Before God I swear this creed. My tamper and myself are the defenders of my coffee. We are the masters of our machine. We are the saviors of my grind. So be it, until victory is mine and there is no channeling, but great espresso.

You, you have no loyalty to your tamper :D

My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/ - Various Machines and grinders, Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster: YouTube channel at https://tinyurl.com/szhgxzl .......

This is my tamper. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My tamper is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My tamper, without me, is useless. Without my tamper, I am useless. I must use my tamper true. I must tamp straighter than any other who is trying to out tamp me. I must out-tamp him before he out-tamps me. I will... My tamper and myself know that what counts in this espresso is not the grounds we tamp, the noise of our grinder, nor the machine we use. We know that it is the tamp that counts. We will tamp... My tamper is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weakness, its strength, its parts, its accessories, its base and its handle. I will keep my tamper clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready. We will become part of each other. We will.... Before God I swear this creed. My tamper and myself are the defenders of my coffee. We are the masters of our machine. We are the saviors of my grind. So be it, until victory is mine and there is no channeling, but great espresso.

Tamper Fidelis

This is my tamper. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My tamper is my best friend.

Isn't it funny. I have five or six tampers but I stick with my original one most of the time. I have Reg Barber and other top makes but my favourite tamper is my simple original with wooden handle and simple base. There's something very personal. It's not my best tamper but it is my favourite. Especially when I wake in the morning, I can't use another tamper, the day would just not be right.

There's absolutely no logic to it really!

Dave I hope you as much pleasure as I did with La Pavoni, altogether a great first set up, enjoy!

Hottop roaster, Mazzer Super Jolly Areopress, Clever Coffee Dripper

Lovely looking setup, I'm jealous :)

:coffee:Marcus

Isomac Tea + Nuova Simonelli Mythos+ VST 18g + Torr Brass Goldfinger Tamper

[ Gaggia Coffee Deluxe + Gaggia MDF Grinder + Gaggia 'Gold' Classic + Motta Convexed Tamper ]

Same setup I wanted, I'm envious! Enjoy :)

Lovely looking setup, I'm jealous :)

Thanks guys!

Dave I hope you as much pleasure as I did with La Pavoni, altogether a great first set up, enjoy!

Special thanks to you Soll. It's a great little machine and has been well cared for!

Look excellent. Great set up, love the La Pavoni

Sage DB; Mazzer Major; VST 15g, 18g & 20g Baskets;TORR Trapez & Perger Tamper

I'm getting the same grinder so will have the same set up just wondering what sort of results you have been getting for espresso and what setting do you recommend.