as soon as the one i originally ordered arrives the Dualit will be on ebay and keeping the other Briel for a back up :)

Matt :)

Delonghi ESAM4200S, La Pavoni, Dualit Burr grinder, Espro Toroid, S/S Convex Tamper, Revol/Bodum/Oslo cups :coffee:

Not a bad backup! I have a French Press if things went bellyup but the Gaggia Coffee keeps on working - no excuse to replace it yet :(

Still learning on... Gaggia TS, Cunill Tauro, PTM Tamper, Motta Tamping Stand and Knock Box, Gaggia Milk Jug and fresh beans!

If it does the job well what more can you ask??.......:)

Delonghi ESAM4200S, La Pavoni, Dualit Burr grinder, Espro Toroid, S/S Convex Tamper, Revol/Bodum/Oslo cups :coffee:

The quest for better coffee never stops....

Still learning on... Gaggia TS, Cunill Tauro, PTM Tamper, Motta Tamping Stand and Knock Box, Gaggia Milk Jug and fresh beans!

Thats very true...........Though to be honest I'm finding it harder to get it right everytime with this new set up.....but its much more satisfying when I do :)

You are letting the machine warm up aren't you? I seem to remember you like to serve pretty quickly.

Learning the faults and foibles of a new machine and how to correct (or tame) them is immensely satisfying (and sometime utterly frustrating).

This is one of the joys of coffee. No two coffee's are the same.

It is only through falling over and exploring new methods that you will continue to improve and start to get consistency.

Are you logging the variables so that you can replicate settings (or roll back and start again from a known 'good' setup?

I used to keep a little notebook next to the machine when I was trying new coffees so that I could use the previous settings (mainly grind fineness and tamp pressure) to start from when dialling in a new bean.

Keep at it, I'm sure you'll start producing quite consistent coffees the longer you work with the machine you have now.

Home Barista Training - contact me to discuss your requirements

Its very enjoyable! and its nice to feel like I'm getting better at it :)

Did the new machine arrive today as promised?

Fracino Cherub, Malhkonig Vario, Espro calibrated 58mm tamper, Espro jug, ACF cups and Costa lover.

Twitter @MrsSKRobinson

yep its here, and after sorting out an airlock i got my first cup which wasn't bad, the steam wands bloody powerful though!!.......

Ok......I don't know how I did it but I made my portafilter explode all over the wall......ok I might have a clue....it was either filed to much and or tamped to hard......I think it was the first one :(

Ok......I don't know how I did it but I made my portafilter explode all over the wall......ok I might have a clue....it was either filed to much and or tamped to hard......I think it was the first one :(

Sounds messy, hope it all cleaned up ok :)