IGNORED

Mahlkonig K30 Air used in UKBC 2014 - Forum Special

Forum special

We have 2 Mahlkonig K30 Air used at this years UKBC for sale (not signed this year!)

Anyone interested PM, comes with 12 months warranty.

Special Price £1,215 + VAT

Edited by Mrboots2u
  • 2 weeks later...

Can someone explain what makes this grinder worth more at £1,215 + VAT (semi-used) than the K30 Vario @ £1.199 + VAT and the K30ES @ £1,179 + VAT? Is it a stepped or a step less? Is it just a K30 Vario + fan or just a K30 ES + fan? Do I care about a fan? Would I spot any difference in a domestic situation?

Edited by DavidBondy
typo
Can someone explain what makes this grinder worth more at £1,215 + VAT (semi-used) than the K30 Vario @ £1.199 + VAT and the K30ES @ £1,179 + VAT? Is it a stepped or a step less? Is it just a K30 Vario + fan or just a K30 ES + fan? Do I care about a fan? Would I spot any difference in a domestic situation?

Form Mahlkonig's Website

Total daily output and lower temperature of ground coffee are the main advantages of this new model option for our K30 ES or K30 Vario. A fan at the back of the grinder increases and cools the air circulation around the motor and minimises the heat transmission from the motor to the disc casing. Thereby the ground coffee temperature remains below 50°C even in peak hours which saves the aroma in the cup.

In addition to this lowering of ground coffee temperature, active cooling of the motor increases the maximum daily capacity of the grinder - without overheating the grinder. The power of the fan is adjusted to the temperature of the motor. Thereby the fan’s noise is kept at a minimum.

No idea on the difference between the other two.

As you asked I feel I can explain

It's going to make Zero difference in your domestic situation over the normal Vario model.... I guarantee it. I can't even see it making any difference in a Cafe, unless that motors really inefficient. So in answer to your question, for "normal" people this grinder is not worth more than the others you mention.

Nothing here...

• About
    Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 24000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:
    We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard. Please read our Terms of Use. We stick by them, existing members please familiarise yourselves with them.

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Click Here To Buy Advertising Space 
    £100 p/m when paid yearly, up-to: 690000 banner impressions per month!

Donate / Sponsor

Get Your Supporter Badge Today (per year)

image.png

Coffee Forums Logo