• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well then.    After one or two too many shandies over dinner at mine last night, my friend (another coffee pro) and I decided that we were in the mood for espresso martinis. Problem being, n

Ooh look, spare bolts! That’s not good is it.

Well, I bought a 1Zpresso JX Pro handgrinder a few days ago - used it a few times, dialled in very quickly, happy with the results. Good job  . . . Until yesterday when I weighed my 18g of beans

Posted Images

On 08/11/2020 at 08:51, richwade80 said:

Had a slight reshuffle in layout - The shortfalls of which were made apparent by my wizard like morning robes.

Soggy sleeve.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201108/01a429491e7e2726c7dc4ea902faac2c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Photo essential

59 minutes ago, hotmetal said:

I have had to censor myself, snigger.

I can't imagine why...............

Nothing to snigger about with a Wizards sleeve... particularly a soggy Wizards sleeve.......

• Like 4
760439837_Screenshot2020-11-09at20_14_23.thumb.png.2546c65eba4d9007074eb91c8bb90214.png

Cheers

No idea why Tapatalk wouldn’t post the photo direct.

Maybe it censors wizard sleeves?

I’m reigning myself in here, the opportunity for inappropriate comments is amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

6AF7ECD5-DC6C-4BBE-9A5E-D6D9C4289344.thumb.jpeg.9c6abeacb991b3cc323233f481d7c717.jpeg

1: I’m pretty sure I’m not the first

2: It has taken me three months to fall into this obvious trap

3: It wasn’t the last 18g of a really delicious coffee

4: It certainly wasn’t £40 for 200g coffee

5: It was easier to clear up than the time I forgot to put the catch cup on the hand grinder (strolling around the kitchen in a zen like trance)

6: It made my wife (and me) howl with laughter

Hopefully I won’t do it again, but I’m not betting on it 🤞🏼

Regards
John

• Like 4
On 18/09/2020 at 11:56, MrSmartepants said:

First post here, but certainly not my first instance of muppetry!

Late night, little sleep, and early alarm do not make a good combination. 

Alarm goes off, and I drag myself out of bed and on my way downstairs, my wife calls out "make the tea please."

I fill the kettle and put it on to boil.

Pull out two mugs and bowl for cereal.

Rinse out tea pot and pre-heat with water from the kettle.

Pour cereal into bowl and put sugar in wife's mug.

Dump out water from tea pot and pop a couple of tea bags in the pot.

Kettle boiled, so pour water into tea pot, give a quick stir and put lid on tea pot.

Go to the fridge and get milk.

Pour milk into mugs and set milk to the side.

Pick up tea pot and proceed to pour tea over cereal.

Slowly realize what's happening just as wife walks in and asks "What ARE you doing with that tea?"

Ugh...

early am, put mokka pieces on my coffee area, grind the coffee as water filters though the peak, sift the coffee ( yes new grinder is coming) , fll the basket, go to the fridge to get milk for the frother, pour the milk, go to put the basket in the mokka pot, only to realise I had poured the milk into the mokka pot and the water in to the milk frother, and just stood there, coffee filter in one hand, mokka pot in the other like tryint to fit a triangle into a circular hole, I knew something was not right but took me a few seconds of looking at on , then the other before I twigged!

😆

Almost broke my arm trying to pull a coffee, absolutely no idea why, it was fine before lunch. Begin to panic that ive somehow bent the lever or overheated the group head or any other of a squillion reasons. Then I realise.... The cleaner has deep cleaned the kitchen moved all my coffee stuff and "straightened" the grinder up [emoji15][emoji38]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201124/76f584704eea09942a7e3276f4055fa9.jpg

Dough for a couple of sourdough loaves - scrape dough off bench into a bowl which sits on a stool (as I’ve done countless times without incident) - only the bowl decides it wants to have a close look at the floor. Cue lots of robust Anglo Saxon. 
I think I will dig out the bread maker in the morning if we are to have bread tomorrow.

Oooops!

3467C38E-28FA-43D9-B84E-E99E5C0B832A.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...

Persuaded my other half to make a coffee this morning, she did it nicely using the flow paddle and everything.

She didn’t replace the dosing cup afterwards on the bag holder. I both knew this as I saw it on the side, but somehow decided to pop the next 18g through the grinder anyway... Pleased it came with one of those tear drop dishes now! 🙄

50738503278_13f6ebfb7a_b.jpg

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

MaraX is on a smart plug and this has worked flawlessly since installation. Last night I dropped the screen to give the dispersion plate a good scrub. Replaced stock screen with IMS nano coated competition screen and gasket with Cafelat silicone gasket. Bit of faff as it was my first time doing this. Burning hands numerous times as the grouphead was still hot three hours after being turned off but got there in the end. 

Came down this morning to all the lights flashing and the machine is stone cold. Panic sets in. What did I do, have I broken something while cleaning and upgrading. Or is machine malfunctioning? I consulted the manual which confirms machine is malfunctioning. Checked water level, tank is half full but topped it up anyways. Lights all still flAshing. Copious amounts of my most choice Anglo Saxon. 

Oh. The lever was left up last night. Close the lever and lights go out (other than temp.) Panic over. 

Coffee. Because murder is wrong. 

On 23/12/2020 at 14:39, Jinsin456 said:

Was tamping over the edge of the counter on the tamp mat... Something slipped and I fully one inch punched the countertop while throwing my half tamped portafilter on the floor. Sore hand and coffee everywhere :(

This tells me you might be tamping a wee bit too hard 😉

12 hours ago, Dallah said:

MaraX is on a smart plug and this has worked flawlessly since installation. Last night I dropped the screen to give the dispersion plate a good scrub. Replaced stock screen with IMS nano coated competition screen and gasket with Cafelat silicone gasket. Bit of faff as it was my first time doing this. Burning hands numerous times as the grouphead was still hot three hours after being turned off but got there in the end. 

Came down this morning to all the lights flashing and the machine is stone cold. Panic sets in. What did I do, have I broken something while cleaning and upgrading. Or is machine malfunctioning? I consulted the manual which confirms machine is malfunctioning. Checked water level, tank is half full but topped it up anyways. Lights all still flAshing. Copious amounts of my most choice Anglo Saxon. 

Oh. The lever was left up last night. Close the lever and lights go out (other than temp.) Panic over. 

There is a safety system programmed into the firmware, for those who leave the lever up at night. 😉

Edited by DavecUK
  • Like 2

Nothing here...

Done this several times, very grateful for the machine for overriding my muppetry.
  • Like 1

Making a coffee this morning, wearing dressing gown, pyjama trousers and slippers. Shook up my sugar container to loosen the dark brown sugar and mix it in with the white and demerara. Didn't hold the lid on tightly enough. Sugar all over counter top, floor, inside of slippers, gown and pyjamas. Should have taken photos but was too busy fighting off my Jackhuahua who was eagerly lapping up the sugar.

• 2 weeks later...

My turn this morning. Went to make flat white after getting up, coffee into bottomless portafilter and into machine and started shot. Then disaster water/coffee spraying in various directions, thought for a moment did I really prepare the puck that badly? Nope finally realised I’d not put it onto the group properly and the spray was from the top of the portafilter. So shot one wasted.

2nd attempt fine, as was my next coffee, then ran shot for my wife’s coffee and it cut out during shot with the dreaded H2O message on the screen. Was just ok as cut off in final few grams. I normally top up the machine each morning and normally there is two days of water in a full tank, but I’d cleaned it yesterday!

So making three coffees lost one shot, nearly messed up a second and sprayed coffee and water around the machine!

• 3 weeks later...