NeilR

Muppetry

49 minutes ago, pgarrish said:

Christened now.  All nice shiny things need to be christened.  A cosmetic christening is infinitely preferable to a serious mechanical christening.  Now it's uniquely yours

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Hasi said:

Ha, you're laying tracks towards a neat little subsequent post here... gets bespoke Catpuccino fridge magnet, sticks on, magnet falls off, realises casing ain't magnetic. emoji56.png

Buy two and stick the other on on the inside ... there maybe a market for VB Coffee espresso magnets which change colour when they get warm  😎

• Like 1

You're definitely right, but something to consider down the line I think once it's picked up a few more bumps and scratches. Bit bummed out but not the end of the world, of the side panel wasn't visible as soon as you enter the kitchen I'd not be as bothered! 

Taught my eldest to make espresso. First attempt she dropped the PF on the group head - big dent. (Photo below.) It’s all character. Shows your machine is a tool not an ornament.

So... 0500 rising this morning to take eldest daughter to school. They’re going on their Personal Development Week to Croatia. (Cue long rant about starvation rations, playing rugby on frozen torn up pitches in the snow, and daily beatings at prep school being perfectly adequate personal development when I was a kid!). Anyway, almost steamed the espresso rather than the milk! Disaster narrowly avoided but in my rush to withdraw the espresso cup I knocked the milk bottle over. I’m not built for 5 am starts! Humbug!

73b471ca4a77894fd0f11a69bd877992.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Espresso: Ceado E92 (modified for single dose); Vesuvius; VST baskets and refractometer.

Other: Aeropress, Sowden and Alessi Moka Pot; Mazzer Robur doser with Auber timer; Mazzer Mini E; Expobar Leva Dual Boiler

Taught my eldest to make espresso. First attempt she dropped the PF on the group head - big dent. (Photo below.) It’s all character. Shows your machine is a tool not an ornament.

So... 0500 rising this morning to take eldest daughter to school. They’re going on their Personal Development Week to Croatia. (Cue long rant about starvation rations, playing rugby on frozen torn up pitches in the snow, and daily beatings at prep school being perfectly adequate personal development when I was a kid!). Anyway, almost steamed the espresso rather than the milk! Disaster narrowly avoided but in my rush to withdraw the espresso cup I knocked the milk bottle over. I’m not built for 5 am starts! Humbug!

it's a small dent as long as we can see your Foundry bag reflecting

Rocko Mountain?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Obnic said:

I clicked 'laugh' but I’m not laughing really 🤭

I really am not 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni with NickNak single hole steam wand tip  / Monolith Titan Conical & MAX  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer /  gold B Plus stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / coffee bar towel logo embroiderer to the hoi polloi  / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely and understanding husband 

Cup'o'cino...

5468a7c3a9726e2f3174587438f0e3a5.jpg

Don't ask, I have no forking idea how I came to dump the espresso cup in there

• Like 3

When you forget to put the tube on the EK

5ad5d29a8d8c6c318e5dcf9f4bfcc9cc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I think the best thing that i forgot to mention was for some reason i tried to catch the grinds in my hands making them fly everywhere even more.....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

At least it’s over quickly with an ek .
  • Like 3

Pity you didn't have your knockbox between the legs. It would have caught most of the grinds.

• Like 2

Laissez les bons temps rouler

Ooh look, spare bolts!

That’s not good is it.

cf6ea3195eae4929ed55d2c6a10ccb3f.jpg

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

Espresso: Ceado E92 (modified for single dose); Vesuvius; VST baskets and refractometer.

Other: Aeropress, Sowden and Alessi Moka Pot; Mazzer Robur doser with Auber timer; Mazzer Mini E; Expobar Leva Dual Boiler

Ooh look, spare bolts!

That’s not good is it.

cf6ea3195eae4929ed55d2c6a10ccb3f.jpg
Classic!
Equipment producing spare nuts and bolts is the opposite of washing machines eating socks. Basically, the only thing that's yet missing/to be invented on this planet is a bolts-to-socks converter.
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

Just now, Hasi said:

Classic!
Equipment producing spare nuts and bolts is the opposite of washing machines eating socks. Basically, the only thing that's yet missing/to be invented on this planet is a bolts-to-socks converter.

On the same theme, it is proven that our robot vac produces its own dust and fuzz. If we didn’t use it for a week we’d be knee deep in muck otherwise. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni with NickNak single hole steam wand tip  / Monolith Titan Conical & MAX  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer /  gold B Plus stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / coffee bar towel logo embroiderer to the hoi polloi  / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely and understanding husband 

On the same theme, it is proven that our robot vac produces its own dust and fuzz. If we didn’t use it for a week we’d be knee deep in muck otherwise. 
oh yes, but that's all fairy dust so won't affect your allergy levels.
Thing is, usually it all settles on top of robo vac so it cannot reach it. Pretty sneaky fairy dust that.
  • Haha 1

Ah on that theme... we recently bought a Dyson Absolute V11 when our old DC03 gave up the ghost. It would appear we have been living in inch deep filth for years. Honestly, this machine makes you want to move to a different house.
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Obnic said:

Ah on that theme... we recently bought a Dyson Absolute V11 when our old DC03 gave up the ghost. It would appear we have been living in inch deep filth for years. Honestly, this machine makes you want to move to a different house.

It’s scary! And prove-able. In the 2 months I’ve been conducting my scientific experiments Ron (the robo Vac) has sucked up over 500g of fluff. The bag I am accumulating it in is about the size of a thick, small pillow. 1000 of those bags and we’d be touching the ceilings!

Do you think it is weighing coffee beans that makes you a stickler for facts like this 😳😂

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, MildredM said:

It’s scary! And prove-able. In the 2 months I’ve been conducting my scientific experiments Ron (the robo Vac) has sucked up over 500g of fluff. The bag I am accumulating it in is about the size of a thick, small pillow. 1000 of those bags and we’d be touching the ceilings!

Do you think it is weighing coffee beans that makes you a stickler for facts like this 😳😂

Can your robo vac get right into the corners of a room? 

I find that in our old house, i its where the spiders seem to hold their meetings and just generally hang out. I find they seem to rebuild their webs on almost a daily basis.

Armed with a Dyson animal, I’m the robo vac in the Marocchino household.... I also have the ability to deploy my different Dyson attachments at will 😊

1 hour ago, Marocchino said:

Can your robo vac get right into the corners of a room? 

I find that in our old house, i its where the spiders seem to hold their meetings and just generally hang out. I find they seem to rebuild their webs on almost a daily basis.

Armed with a Dyson animal, I’m the robo vac in the Marocchino household.... I also have the ability to deploy my different Dyson attachments at will 😊

I don’t think anything beats tackling spiders 'hands-on'  😑 be it a spider-catcher contraption, duster or whatever*. All our spiders live on the ceiling or walls. I expect they’ve evolved what with Ron going over the floors over and over again, and also the dog zooming in on any she spots, and have found safety above eye level. 
The robo vac does get dust and fluff from corners, yes, and the shear quantity of stuff he collects never ceases to amaze me. But I still need to use the cordless Dyson for certain areas.

*yes, even the Dyson. When you have a 3” very weighty spider up in the high ceiling of your bathroom, way too high to reach with a duster, then Dyson + extension tube - large diameter crevice tool is the way to go. It didn’t kill him, we tipped him out in the garden afterwards to check!

1 hour ago, MildredM said:

The robo vac does get dust and fluff from corners, yes, and the shear quantity of stuff he collects never ceases to amaze me. But I still need to use the cordless Dyson for certain areas.

Ron sounds like quite an asset. I have too many different levels to contemplate one unfortunately 🙁

Wouldn’t be without the hand held and all its useful tools. As you say, great for spider removal and turfing then outside. It’s a constant battle keeping on top of the spider army. When we’ve been away for a while, it’s amazing to return and see what they’ve got up to undisturbed.😀

I use a Blink outdoor camera system and web together with spider removal appears to be essential maintenance. No matter how often they’re relocated, a mate returns to carry in where the last one left off 🙂

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Marocchino said:

Ron sounds like quite an asset. I have too many different levels to contemplate one unfortunately 🙁

Wouldn’t be without the hand held and all its useful tools. As you say, great for spider removal and turfing then outside. It’s a constant battle keeping on top of the spider army. When we’ve been away for a while, it’s amazing to return and see what they’ve got up to undisturbed.😀

I use a Blink outdoor camera system and web together with spider removal appears to be essential maintenance. No matter how often they’re relocated, a mate returns to carry in where the last one left off 🙂

Have you had one drop on your head? Had that, in the bathroom, and Ian had one land IN THE BATH with him in it, and I’ve had one land on my book when reading in bed 😳 all big 'uns!!! I am not particularly bothered by them but some have been rather gruesome of late 😑

The cobwebs appear overnight, and I agree, it often feels like a full time job!!!!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, MildredM said:

Have you had one drop on your head?

Yes, in bed! Sound like our spiders have gone to the same school of for basic training 😃

We seem to have some that are able to leap out of your reach in a single bound 😳. We call them the sandwich filler variety.....they’re seemingly that BIG, they’d be enough to fill a sandwich.😂

• Haha 1

On average, everybody swallows 2 spiders per year while sleeping.

Just sayin... :exit:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yes, in bed! Sound like our spiders have gone to the same school of for basic training
We seem to have some that are able to leap out of your reach in a single bound . We call them the sandwich filler variety.....they’re seemingly that BIG, they’d be enough to fill a sandwich.
It's ants here. I'm convinced they're systematically building a network of tunnels out there and one day I'll come home to find they've nicked off with the entire garage.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

It's ants here. I'm convinced they're systematically building a network of tunnels out there and one day I'll come home to find they've nicked off with the entire garage.

I hear that. Industrious little bastards. And they attack my kids legs as they get out of the car!
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1